List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using my deductive reasoning >$500k. He’s also apparently 1 game from triggering a contract for 2021 which would be at similar $’s. I may be wrong about the exact figure, but it’s definitely an issue and if we haven’t put a pin in it by the end of the day it’s on the table.

On the open market he’s a pick in the vicinity of 25, but we’ll see how it plays out. One things for sure if he leaves it won’t be a popular deal, IMO, because no one rates him outside Collingwood (rightly so) and a lot of people linked to Collingwood overrate him on the basis of one game.

One other point. We won’t enter 2020 with Cameron as the primary tall it’ll either be Cox or JJ...
Sorry I find it incredibly hard to believe that Cox would be on anywhere near that kind of coin.

Calm down. You've literally picked a handful of games out of how many?

I like the bloke. I think he has been important for our structure. But kicking to him is predictable and we can't keep running with that.
All I'm saying is theres no proof that we will be better with Cameron in the team over cox, hes less experienced, shorter, idk about speed but I'm pretty sure cox posted a 3 second 20 metre sprint which is good for his height and I recall pendlebury saying one time he could never get under 3 seconds flat, idk just seems like poor list management if we do a straight swap (best 22 wise), but if we are into Jenkins and want Cameron as depth that's an entirely different situation

Sorry I find it incredibly hard to believe that Cox would be on anywhere near that kind of coin.

No need to apologise. I was listening to the story break and McLure was definitely hinting toward salary as an issue. I think a lot on here underestimated just how serious the interest from Brisbane was.

If I were to guess I’d say it was a $400-450k (just over league average) over three years and back ended leaving him at the figure I give in 2020:

2018: $300k
2019: $400k
2020: $500k

Unfortunately I doubt we were in a position to front end post the Mayne and Wells deals...

Darcy Cameron to Collingwood.

Mason Cox to Essendon.

Scharenberg to Adelaide.

Hello cap space for a cut priced Jenkins.

Cameron should not cost anything.

Even though Riewoldt's prime is very recent, I just think the game has changed a fair bit. I have my doubts that it is a style that will be as dominant as it was for Nick Riewoldt at his best, unless their contested stuff is top shelf. That leading space that Riewoldt used to hit up into is now much more protected than it once was - it's the area that the defensive press clogs up. Noone is currently having much impact playing the style that you're describing.

None are having that impact because Riewoldt has retired and was the best at doing that. I think it's far from a dated way of playing, I actually think it's the modern way to play, covering the ground he covered and leading all the way up the ground.

I know where you're coming from re. the press. But the press is actually a component to why I view Lukosius as so valuable in the modern game. Even with a press, he can push up and take a mark around half-back leading up at the ball. The key with Lukosius is his kicking cuts through zones. He spots up targets others don't realise are there, seeing the play unfold before it happens and making needle in the haystack passes that are low and fly quick through the and over any distance. He'll get the ball over the back with his kicking or work hard to get goalside out the back of a press with opponents unable to follow him up the ground and chase him back towards goal, as one of those forwards who turns guys around and once he gets goalside, it's a wrap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on 300k as an international rookie and then resigned at a bumped up contract later... not outside the realms of possibility.

I remember the original negotiation was also hinged on his Engineering degree/job offer (petroleum field) and how much he could earn in lieu.

400-500k for a starting 22 big man is probably industry standard.

If Darcy Cameron is looking for more opportunity then it always felt strange he was opting for a club with the games best ruck and the games tallest player as ruck back up.

Of course Cameron has produced the square root of jack shite at AFL level so you wouldn't want to be relying on him solely to be the replacement for Cox so you have to wonder if Jenkins can be gotten cheap he is also in the frame.

Cox would love the extra security I reckon.
He’d be in upgrade on Zac Clarke for them no doubt and bellchambers is constantly injured.

For us the cap space it will open up is worth just as much than a trade.

None are having that impact because Riewoldt has retired and was the best at doing that. I think it's far from a dated way of playing, I actually think it's the modern way to play, covering the ground he covered and leading all the way up the ground.

I know where you're coming from re. the press. But the press is actually a component to why I view Lukosius as so valuable in the modern game. Even with a press, he can push up and take a mark around half-back leading up at the ball. The key with Lukosius is his kicking cuts through zones. He spots up targets others don't realise are there, seeing the play unfold before it happens and making needle in the haystack passes that are low and fly quick through the and over any distance. He'll get the ball over the back with his kicking or work hard to get goalside out the back of a press with opponents unable to follow him up the ground and chase him back towards goal, as one of those forwards who turns guys around and once he gets goalside, it's a wrap.
That makes sense. A marking target that cuts you up like Whitfield and can also turn his bloke inside out on the way back would be pretty handy.

Its no coincidence we played better footy towards the last part of the year with no Cox.

We actually played better footy in 2018 with Cox than we did at any stage 2019 without him.

Agree. I'd be surprised if he's getting any more than $400k

The new hard-nosed Vicky Park likes yesterday’s rumour of trading Treloar to GC for pick 1. Guess it ain’t happening?

Lovely guy, heart on sleeve person, but way down my list of preferred Collingwood footballers. Just think we can live without him, especially if we get this Rowell guy (about whom I know absolutely nothing).

I heard Cox salary wasn't apart of our cap? something to do with the International clause.

Only when he was still a Cat B (1st 3 years at the club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back