List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

1) He goes down in price straight away if he stays and he might be worth nothing in 2 years time. If I was him I would torch Freo's arse and walk to the PSD at the end of the 2021 season with a monster price on my head.

2) Pick 12 IS his value.

Why does he go down in value if he stays? If he has another year like the last couple, his value will be the same (potentially higher) and Fremantle have the luxury of having his output for an extra year.
He is contracted so Freo hold all the cards just like with Kelly last year and just like with Gibbs the year before. Did Kelly or Gibbs trade value diminish when they were retained? No, the clubs got what they wanted (potentially more) the following year.
Agree to disagree on his trade value, but he is an elite midfielder, who uses the ball well and is contracted. He is worth at the very least a top 10 pick in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is us in trade week
View attachment 762263
More like....
Lionel-Hutz-The-Simpsons.jpg

Maybe it's just me but I do think awards like "best clubman" are a bit tokenistic. Like, "hey you weren't good enough to play seniors, but here's a consolation prize".

Not saying he's not a good bloke and hasn't had a positive impact on the club, but you rarely see players who play most senior games win those awards.
Hey, I won best clubman once. Still have the trophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Jacobs - Adelaide Crows (restricted) - should we have a look?
Jack Newnes - St Kilda (restricted) A no
Ben Reid - Collingwood - no
Sam Murray - Collingwood - maybe
Paul Puopolo - Hawthorn - no
Nathan Brown - St Kilda - no
Daniel Menzel - Sydney Swans - no
Chris Masten - West Coast Eagles - no

Sauce is off to GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back