News Colin Carter and Geelong's "ugly" fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad you've finally come around to that idea!

Just like Bomber was there to coach, and instead of him getting sacked, he got help around him.

Maybe CS needs to have more help around him, and more people to pick up the slack.

But then Bomber had a better administration, an engaged president like Frank Costa, a Brian Cook who didn't spend all his time on the GHMBA renovations, and Neil Balme to do the other jobs, and speak to the press. He also had a Stephen Wells at the peak of his powers, and less draft "obstacles", and a "once-in-a-generation" team we had not seen at the Cats since the "Invincibles" of 1951-52.

But CS has an invisible president in Colin Carter, Brian Cook (who spends all his time on the GMHBA Stadium project), I don't know who is doing the Neil Balme role, and we have an older Stephen Wells, who is "coming down the mountain" who has had to deal with a draft comprised with GC and GWS picks, academy picks, and now having to give earlier picks in bids for F-S, instead of getting them with your last pick (like he did with Ablett, Hawkins etc) who is living off his success from the 1999 and 2001 drafts, and capitalising on other club's ineptness of not picking Joel Selwood, and we have a weaker list as a result, who can't take finals pressure.

I wonder how Chris Scott would do with Bomber's administration around him. He deserves at least to have all the chances Bomber had (and Bomber had done less in his first eight years to deserve a second chance than Scott has).

Last edited:
Yes, so I think people need to lay off CS in regards to pushing the GMHBA finals agenda.

That should have been done by Cook or Carter, much like Cook, Costa or Balme would push things like this, and leave Bomber to coach.
Yep for sure. The more help he gets around him the better IMO.
Need to stop being tight arses and spend the cash.

Yep for sure. The more help he gets around him the better IMO.
Need to stop being tight arses and spend the cash.

So you are prepared to give Chris Scott the same chances you gave Bomber then?

If Bomber avoided the sack with less credit in the bank in his first eight seasons coaching the club than CS, than Chris Scott surely should.

So you are prepared to give Chris Scott the same chances you gave Bomber then?

If Bomber avoided the sack with less credit in the bank in his first eight seasons coaching the club than CS, than Chris Scott surely should.
Nah he can go eat a dick. He's made his bed with all his matey mate mates.
If he's not bright enough to want the best around him, well you can't help stupid.
If his assistants agree with his finals decisions they are either gutless or just as stupid as he is.
I agree the home finals thing is not something he should have to worry about, and the club should splash more cash in the footy dept if they are serious for challenging for a flag.

Just like Bomber was there to coach, and instead of him getting sacked, he got help around him.

Maybe CS needs to have more help around him, and more people to pick up the slack.

But then Bomber had a better administration, an engaged president like Frank Costa, a Brian Cook who didn't spend all his time on the GHMBA renovations, and Neil Balme to do the other jobs, and speak to the press. He also had a Stephen Wells at the peak of his powers, and less draft "obstacles", and a "once-in-a-generation" team we had not seen at the Cats since the "Invincibles" of 1951-52.

But CS has an invisible president in Colin Carter, Brian Cook (who spends all his time on the GMHBA Stadium project), I don't know who is doing the Neil Balme role, and we have an older Stephen Wells, who is "coming down the mountain" who has had to deal with a draft comprised with GC and GWS picks, academy picks, and now having to give earlier picks in bids for F-S, instead of getting them with your last pick (like he did with Ablett, Hawkins etc) who is living off his success from the 1999 and 2001 drafts, and capitalising on other club's ineptness of not picking Joel Selwood, and we have a weaker list as a result, who can't take finals pressure.

I wonder how Chris Scott would do with Bomber's administration around him. He deserves at least to have all the chances Bomber had (and Bomber had done less in his first eight years to deserve a second chance than Scott has).
And Cook being the Chair of Barwon Health -at least a one day a week job

Get back Neil Balme!

Joined the Pies as football operations manager in 1998. Team made back to back Grand Finals in 2002/2003. 2002 was a narrow squeak of a loss.
Joined the Cats as football operations manager in 2007. Team won Premierships in 2007/2009/2011 and made the Grand Final in some other year too.
Joined the Tigers as General Manager of Football in 2016. Team won Premiersips in 2017 and 2019.

SOURCE;https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Balme

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he can go eat a dick. He's made his bed with all his matey mate mates.
If he's not bright enough to want the best around him, well you can't help stupid.
If his assistants agree with his finals decisions they are either gutless or just as stupid as he is.
I agree the home finals thing is not something he should have to worry about, and the club should splash more cash in the footy dept if they are serious for challenging for a flag.

But Bomber wasn't bright enough to want the best around him either. It was forced on him in 2006 if he was to keep his job.

Were you a cheerleader for Bomber back then, or did you think the same about him in 2006?

Get back Neil Balme!

Joined the Pies as football operations manager in 1998. Team made back to back Grand Finals in 2002/2003. 2002 was a narrow squeak of a loss.
Joined the Cats as football operations manager in 2007. Team won Premierships in 2007/2009/2011 and made the Grand Final in some other year too.
Joined the Tigers as General Manager of Football in 2016. Team won Premiersips in 2017 and 2019.

SOURCE;https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Balme
Been saying it for years

Be difficult to pry loose at the moment I would think.
didnt he leave us after 2 flags?

Whats different.. both 2 in 3 if my memory is correct.. and it may not be lol

GO Catters

I'm disappointed that it took this for us to hear from our President.

You know, we used to have a president we saw and heard called Frank Costa.

But I didn't know until now if our current president was a real person or imaginary.

Maybe he should have come out and pushed the line of us playing finals at GHMBA, instead on relying on Chris Scott to do it.

Absolutely he should have. Leaving it to Chris was mistake on multiple levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, so I think people need to lay off CS in regards to pushing the GMHBA finals agenda.

That should have been done by Cook or Carter, much like Cook, Costa or Balme would push things like this, and leave Bomber to coach.
Unlike Bomber, CS is actually our best spokesman.

Cook is a better spokesman.

Scott comes across as a whinger. You get opposition fans widely ridicule scotts media persona.
Maybe.
Under pressure, Scott is more measured; Cook comes across as impatient sometimes. Anyway, Scott gets more opportunities to be asked questions than Cook. I doubt Scott comes out with prepared points, he gets asked pointed questions nearly every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back