News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was online on Saturday (I had posted this link in the draft thread - with some of the photos)
It's the trade of the year: Joe Daniher wants to go to the Swans. How will the deal get done?

Great article on the Daniher - South Melbourne trade for Fields and Daniher Dynasty

Thanks. I hold Ian Stewart to account for the Fields disaster.

Thanks. I hold Ian Stewart to account for the Fields disaster.
Me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These images were in my other posting
daniher bros smh.jpg

daniher smh.jpg

2230123_1570255545742.jpg

Related to that is this article https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-1...ender-was-extremely-unlucky-not-to-be-all-aus as it talks about the Swans having the 2nd best percentage ever for just 8 wins. The best being Swans in 1995. Of the other 4 of top 5 highest percentage 8th placed finishers two went on to play in a GF the following year Swans 1995(1996) & Crows 1996(1997), one came 4th Fitzroy 1978 (1979) but Collingwood 1995 continued their general trend downards on their way to a wooden spoon in 1999.

The stats suggest we are on the cusp of something big but we need to improve our midfield. Losing Jones and looking to give away the farm for Daniher doesn't seem to be the best start.

Related to that is this article https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-1...ender-was-extremely-unlucky-not-to-be-all-aus as it talks about the Swans having the 2nd best percentage ever for just 8 wins. The best being Swans in 1995. Of the other 4 of top 5 highest percentage 8th placed finishers two went on to play in a GF the following year Swans 1995(1996) & Crows 1996(1997), one came 4th Fitzroy 1978 (1979) but Collingwood 1995 continued their general trend downards on their way to a wooden spoon in 1999.

The stats suggest we are on the cusp of something big but we need to improve our midfield. Losing Jones and looking to give away the farm for Daniher doesn't seem to be the best start.
Good for you, 1 persons opinion from a land far far away.

Here's the chart of greatest ever 8th placegetters referred to. A few other stats tell the same story:
- we lost 5 games by less than 2 goals
- compared with 2018 we lost fewer quarters and won almost as many (we played one more game in 2018)
2019 44-4-40
2018 46-0-46
- there isn't such a huge gap between sides 10-15 and the top 6, as per Richmond 2017 (13th-1st), Collingwood 2018 (13th-GF), Brisbane 2019 (15th-2nd).

So we're in a reasonably good place despite ladder position and the loss of so many experienced players. We have an excellent bunch of young players, including at least one budding superstar, and pick 5 which we can use to invest in an A-grade midfielder.

Attachments

• 2nd best.png
    2nd best.png
    315.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
You’re as weak as piss NSW media.
I opened up the paper the other day, not a single article on the draft. Not a single article on AFL period.
Vic media pushing their agenda and what support or voice do we Swans/GWS get from our so called Sydney representatives? Nothing.
Swans should call out this crap to our so called ‘partners’ what a joke!
/rant
Wow... Tickster goes BANG!!

Completely with you 100%.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the chart of greatest ever 8th placegetters referred to. A few other stats tell the same story:
- we lost 5 games by less than 2 goals
- compared with 2018 we lost fewer quarters and won almost as many (we played one more game in 2018)
2019 44-4-40
2018 46-0-46
- there isn't such a huge gap between sides 10-15 and the top 6, as per Richmond 2017 (13th-1st), Collingwood 2018 (13th-GF), Brisbane 2019 (15th-2nd).

So we're in a reasonably good place despite ladder position and the loss of so many experienced players. We have an excellent bunch of young players, including at least one budding superstar, and pick 5 which we can use to invest in an A-grade midfielder.
2 goals better and we'd have finished 6th
3 goals better 4/5th
4 goals better 2 games clear at the top

Ah well. I thought it was a really lovely article. Hard to dislike Capper. (He certainly seems to think so.)

I was reading it in a cafe by myself, and when I got to the bit where Capper claimed he roundhouse kicked Joanne’s new partner out a window, I started laughing so much I drew looks from the other tables.

I was reading it in a cafe by myself, and when I got to the bit where Capper claimed he roundhouse kicked Joanne’s new partner out a window, I started laughing so much I drew looks from the other tables.
I always remember Gerard Healy talking about Capper. There was a lot of affection, utter bemusement at some of his antic, but very much a team mate.

That’s probably one of the most fairly accurate assessments I’ve seen for a while.
Swans currently hold pick No.5 and I think that’s a fair deal for a guy who has played 11 games in two years and who they could get for nothing as a free agent next year.

Swans currently hold pick No.5 and I think that’s a fair deal for a guy who has played 11 games in two years and who they could get for nothing as a free agent next year.

Theres no way we get him for nothing next year. If they're willing to turn down 5+9 they're sure as hell ready to match any offer and make us trade for him again next year.

Theres no way we get him for nothing next year. If they're willing to turn down 5+9 they're sure as hell ready to match any offer and make us trade for him again next year.
Agree, I was just quoting the article from Buckenara. I should have included a bit more. He was just saying that given hs groins we should hold off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back