News Port Adelaide AGM 31 January 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Did vanstone do anything or offer anything while on the board?

Not a dig. Honestly have no clue.

View attachment 814301

Hinkley Voss are we getting excited we may well see the end in sight
So full of hate, aren't ya? They don't deserve the bs that you constantly come out with.
I can understand that folks are unhappy with certain things, but the hate, it's bs. Ken wants nothing more than success for OUR club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where we're at... Just put s**t on every campaigner.
What do you do for the club 66?
Right untill this year it's been about as big of a money pit as my former lemon of a car..

To answer your question quite a lot. But using your logic maybe I should kick the goals for this club is that what you're trying to say? These people are employed and voted in by us, I haven't heard anything from them.

So full of hate, aren't ya? They don't deserve the bs that you constantly come out with.
I can understand that folks are unhappy with certain things, but the hate, it's bs. Ken wants nothing more than success for OUR club.

A head coach that on multiple occasions sees humour immediately following team losses in critical games is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.
A head coach who never acknowledges personal responsibility for not succeeding or achieving outcomes is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.
A head coach who sits in the coaches box week after week, totally brain dead while chugging another coke zero, surrounded by Oak sponsorship signage, is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.
A head coach that insults Chinese customs, in China, on TV, is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.

Ken Hinkley stated the following in a media interview in 2017.
"I used to think the worst thing that could happen to me was losing my job as a football coach and not working in footy. Its a goddamn game...........there is more to life than football."

Great words for someone who accepts mega bucks to coach a professional football team !!
But I suppose it does explain the above four points to a degree but I don't believe it has got that much to do with success for OUR club. I think it has got more to do with him achieving HIS salary.
Just my opinion. It's not hate. It's ..... an observational study !! 😃

A head coach that on multiple occasions sees humour immediately following team losses in critical games is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.
A head coach who never acknowledges personal responsibility for not succeeding or achieving outcomes is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.
A head coach who sits in the coaches box week after week, totally brain dead while chugging another coke zero, surrounded by Oak sponsorship signage, is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.
A head coach that insults Chinese customs, in China, on TV, is NOT a senior coach that wants nothing more than success for OUR club.

Ken Hinkley stated the following in a media interview in 2017.
"I used to think the worst thing that could happen to me was losing my job as a football coach and not working in footy. Its a goddamn game...........there is more to life than football."

Great words for someone who accepts mega bucks to coach a professional football team !!
But I suppose it does explain the above four points to a degree but I don't believe it has got that much to do with success for OUR club. I think it has got more to do with him achieving HIS salary.
Just my opinion. It's not hate. It's ..... an observational study !! 😃
Wow, what a bunch of crap. Just my opinion. 🙂

Did vanstone do anything or offer anything while on the board?

Not a dig. Honestly have no clue.
$20m to the Crows for new digs without protest, and nothing for us

Koch stated that Hinkley needed to rush home for Donna's birthday, thus Hinkley did not remain behind for questions after his speech (which I think is disrespectful to the members). There is nothing to report about Hinkley's speech anyway because although he squeezed in a lot of words at warp speed he said nothing of value. Nothing.

KT didn't talk again for the second year in a row and sat in the front row where the few board of directors sat as well. Cardone was present.

From Koch's speech and Q&A all I got from it was that Vanstone is out and Day is in. Haslam is out but a nameless new member is in. Ransom is possibly away for two years studying at Harvard and will communicate via video conference. We have a 2 million dollar debt left with the AFL. The club decided to embark on a new football direction (rebuild) at the end of 2018. Thus Hinkley was given credit three times for accepting the new direction of going with youth (what a guy).

Lokan was MIA. I didn’t see Wanganeen. I don't know which other board members were present. It appeared that most were not present.

There wasn't a lot of BS but there wasn't hardly any deep information shared.

Not a lot of questions were fired at Koch and mostly the questions were petty. Mostly the sheep were in attendance.

No pre-questions from members were addressed.

It was a pointless AGM. Says a lot about how much the custodians of the club value their members.

It reconfirms that we need change at the top but this club could possibly be like this forever.

awaiting report from LilyC
David Koch.
Amanda Vanstone has stood down. Andrew Day is coming on board as an AFL appointee. Also Ross Haslam has advised he won't be seeking reappointment.
Incredibly disappointed with 2019 but believe we are better placed for a tilt.
I almost choked when he praised Ken for his selflessness.
Paid down 1m of debt to afl. 2m remaining.
2 global brands coming on board, one being jms.
Lots of 150th celebrations. Gala ball almost sold out.
Questions from floor,
how much debt
Where are we placed debt-wise in the afl. Koch said we're about middle of the road. Still investing whilst paying off debt.
China game is going ahead at this stage.
Membership, down about 800 from this time last year.
Brand recognition, where do we fit in the afl? Stephen Shirley responded. We are being creative and trying new things. Mid-table.
China is under control. AFLW is now a priority. We'd like a womens team in sanfl.
What are we doing about the declining crowds?
Koch - we want to win and we are listening. Enormous credit to Ken.
Suggestion from floor, once a month a member of the board should pour beers.
Club has picked up on supporters sentiments. What is changing? Koch handballed that to Hinkley mainly. Said the club listened to supporters re leadership change.
Time slot for Good Friday game. Won't be a day game.
Are we putting pressure on for federal funding? Discussions started re redevelopment of Alberton. Further at next Board meeting.
Another female Director to go on Board.
Membership gender split 60.40
That was it from Koch.
I won't bother with Ken's rubbish.
One little pearler though. He did say he's so Port Adelaide, his horse is called Power Boom and wears Port's colours.
Give me strength.

Koch stated that Hinkley needed to rush home for Donna's birthday, thus Hinkley did not remain behind for questions after his speech (which I think is disrespectful to the members). There is nothing to report about Hinkley's speech anyway because although he squeezed in a lot of words at warp speed he said nothing of value. Nothing.

KT didn't talk again for the second year in a row and sat in the front row where the few board of directors sat as well. Cardone was present.

From Koch's speech and Q&A all I got from it was that Vanstone is out and Day is in. Haslam is out but a nameless new member is in. Ransom is possibly away for two years studying at Harvard and will communicate via video conference. We have a 2 million dollar debt left with the AFL. The club decided to embark on a new football direction (rebuild) at the end of 2018. Thus Hinkley was given credit three times for accepting the new direction of going with youth (what a guy).

Lokan was MIA. I didn’t see Wanganeen. I don't know which other board members were present. It appeared that most were not present.

There wasn't a lot of BS but there wasn't hardly any deep information shared.

Not a lot of questions were fired at Koch and mostly the questions were petty. Mostly the sheep were in attendance.

No pre-questions from members were addressed.

It was a pointless AGM. Says a lot about how much the custodians of the club value their members.

It reconfirms that we need change at the top but this club could possibly be like this forever.
Not surprised. Limp d### performance we come to expect. A CEO not talking at an AGM? WTF! Should at least respond to questions. Ken dashing away to not miss race 7 at dogs. What a circus...
images.jpeg.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back