Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not as much because for the most part Americans don't look any different to us. You'd still see the travel bans and other preventative measures but I don't you'd see the same on the ground reaction that we've seen here. Someone in George Christensen's electorate presented at hospital because they'd had a Chinese meal although I suspect that says more about the mouth breathers that elected him than anything else.

that is it

Quite clever to put the fact she is chinese and she has been away sick for a week and a half that she may have corona virus.

Have i offended the perpetually offended :rolleyes:
Racial profiling is clever now?

Kids Chinese teacher at school has been away for over a week now - all the kids at school think she has the Corona Virus.

Pleased me because its pretty funny by the kids.
Many Chinese students at the school i am associated with have stayed away because of fear of the virus. They haven't even been back to China over the holidays. It's interesting.

You don't think that's what the joining of the dots is?
You think it's funny that people think someone who is sick has corona because of what they look like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not as much because for the most part Americans don't look any different to us. You'd still see the travel bans and other preventative measures but I don't you'd see the same on the ground reaction that we've seen here. Someone in George Christensen's electorate presented at hospital because they'd had a Chinese meal although I suspect that says more about the mouth breathers that elected him than anything else.
Don't pop that bubble wrap!

Kids Chinese teacher at school has been away for over a week now - all the kids at school think she has the Corona Virus.

Pleased me because its pretty funny by the kids.
And at a school in Brisbane six kids were suspended for starting up with racist crap as soon as their teacher walked in. "Why are you here? You might kill us!" and "Do you eat dog, Miss?" were some of the clever witticisms these kids came out with.

Parents were called in and were seething at their kids for their ugly, racist behaviour.

If it was an American virus you don't think there'd be the same type of "racism" against Yanks?
There wasn't in the 2009 swine flu scare which was first reported in the US.
Precedent says no.

And at a school in Brisbane six kids were suspended for starting up with racist crap as soon as their teacher walked in. "Why are you here? You might kill us!" and "Do you eat dog, Miss?" were some of the clever witticisms these kids came out with.

Parents were called in and were seething at their kids for their ugly, racist behaviour.
More than likely picked it up from home wouldn't you think? Kids don't just come up with that stuff. They hear it and repeat it.

Edit: Referring more to the dog comment there.

More than likely picked it up from home wouldn't you think? Kids don't just come up with that stuff. They hear it and repeat it.
Nah these were high school kids. No doubt some of them get a bit of it from home but gaming chat and the like is where they come out with this stuff to shock each other.

Nah these were high school kids. No doubt some of them get a bit of it from home but gaming chat and the like is where they come out with this stuff to shock each other.

or internet forums? :D

Ok. For some reason I was working under the assumption we were talking primary school kids.

me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back