2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This should be immediately disqualifying...

The following sums up exactly why voting for sanders as the nominee is utterly stupid and effectively the equivalent of voting for Trump.

Mr Sanders wants to implement universal health care, which is obviously a worthy goal. Unlike most of the other Democratic candidates, however, he intends to do it by eliminating all private health insurance and forcing everyone onto a government plan.

That will cost the federal budget tens of trillions of dollars, which he will (partially) pay for by jacking up taxes.

I cannot imagine a policy so obviously tailor-made for a potent, election-winning Trump scare campaign.

If Mr Sanders is the Democratic nominee, the President will bombard voters with the message that 160 million of them will be kicked off their current health insurance plan. He’ll talk non-stop about the trillions of dollars in taxes heading their way.

We saw a pretty effective scare campaign from Scott Morrison in our own election last year. Multiply the scale, intensity and shamelessness of that campaign by several gazillion, and you have some idea of what we’re talking about here. It will be dirty, dishonest and devastating.

And it’s all for nothing. Because even if Mr Sanders were to somehow win the election, there is absolutely no way he would ever pass his version of Medicare for All.

Just to be clear, I’m not saying it’s unlikely. I’m saying it’s impossible.

Cast your mind back to 2010. Remember how hard it was for Barack Obama, with all his personal popularity and goodwill, and with the White House and both chambers of Congress under his party’s control, to pass the Affordable Care Act, which was much more modest than Mr Sanders’ policy.

He barely convinced his own party to support the thing, let alone the Republicans. It took some ugly backroom dealing, too many distasteful compromises, and even then it almost didn’t get through.

Mr Sanders’ plan is the dictionary definition of a pipe dream. He has welded himself to a policy that will never pass, and in the process given Mr Trump the perfect weapon to use against him. Whatever the merits of the policy, that is downright stupid politics.

Where is this from?

This should be immediately disqualifying...

What do you think will happen from here given Biden's spluttering campaign?

What do you think will happen from here given Biden's spluttering campaign?
I think he'll still win South Carolina but I no longer expect him to get the nomination. He didn't need to win Iowa or NH but he's under-performed the polls so drastically that it's hard to see him coming back, given the establishment vote is still split and Bloomberg is about to join, likely splitting it further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you're the one with the info, why are you so shy about disclosing it?

You made the claim i am getting paid by bosses, who are they and how much do i get.

Its a simple question(s)

Its really childlike for you to continue like this, but you insist this same thing every post i make.

So, how about putting up or shutting up?.

I think that's fair.

You made the claim i am getting paid by bosses, who are they and how much do i get.

Its a simple question(s)

Its really childlike for you to continue like this, but you insist this same thing every post i make.

So, how about putting up or shutting up?.

I think that's fair.
Geezus Molly, where did this sudden and (on your part) totally unprecedented concern with "fairness" spring from?

Is that one of the cards they told you to play when things got desperate?

Back