Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I saw yesterday with him “pulling out of the contest,” yes that looks bad on his behalf, but what do you expect?
Where did he pull out of a contest? Name the time and quarter. I didn't see that - so may have missed it?

What I did see was a young player who'd been out for a year, couldn't play a proper practice match to get conditioning and was struggling to get the intensity to play one of the most physically demanding team sports in the world.

Rather crippling injury OP, Whats the recovery rate of players who go on to getting all of their speed back?

I meant our first four picks. I think we will get a lot of senior footy out of LDU, WW, Kyron, and Xerri. After plenty of drafts where 2 or 3 selections disappeared without a trace, I am happy with that.
Oh yeah, they're all solid. WW and LDU just need to get over injuries. Xerri will at least be an AFL grade back-up ruck. Kyron going great guns.

Where did he pull out of a contest? Name the time and quarter. I didn't see that - so may have missed it?

What I did see was a young player who'd been out for a year, couldn't play a proper practice match to get conditioning and was struggling to get the intensity to play one of the most physically demanding team sports in the world.

I'm his biggest supporter, but his lack of effort and urgency when the ball or man was there to be won/tackled was fairly alarming.

Lack of match practice, fitness, what ever. It doesn't prevent you from being hard and competitive around the ball.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, If he has a few of those moments this week, I will be genuinely concerned.

There was a moment on the boundary in the 3rd or 4th qtr where he was almost walking and threw out an arm, even though there was a Carlton player almost within touching distance running past him on the boundary.

I don't care about the rest of his perfomance, he was being played in Shaw's black hole at HF for young midfielders.

Being hard at the ball and man is a separate issue and a minimum requirement.

It would probably tell you that he isn't match fit, wouldn't it?

From my perspective, I can't see how he won't be anything other than a very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll let you know when I'm worried. But until then, I stay the course and I will not be deterred because that's just how good his glimpses, his VFL games and worth as a junior has been.

I don't believe, I know he will come good, how good? That's the debatable part, but enough to be considered 'good'.

It would probably tell you that he isn't match fit, wouldn't it?

From my perspective, I can't see how he won't be anything other than a very good player.

Nah, he was piss poor in 2 or 3 moments.

You can be as cooked as possible, but there should be that desire to make that tackle or throw the body in when you are right there, no matter what is going on.

I'm not going to crucify him, like I said, if he has a few of those moments this week, well.....

You can be as cooked as possible, but there should be that desire to make that tackle or throw the body in when you are right there, no matter what is going on.

Yeah crossed my mind too .... he's not riding solo there though.

I'm not going to crucify him, like I said, if he has a few of those moments this week, well.....

Kind of like Stuart dew at the end

Couldn't run out a game at the end but when the ball was there to be won in his territory he would crack in.

Kind of like Stuart dew at the end

Couldn't run out a game at the end but when the ball Quarter Pounder with Cheese was there to be won in his territory he would crack in.
Fixed it for ya 👍

I will not be happy if the LDU pick doesn't pay off as when we picked him I was ecstatic that we finally got to develop a promising 'top-of-the-line' type mid. He hasn't had a decent run at it so here's hoping that he comes good and has a long, impactful career.

It's the club, we north is rarely if ever associated with turn anyone into a superstar, just something in the water. Also the coaching philosophy doesn't allow the players to flourish. How can we expect players to become superstars when our main aim is for solid hard working. Being solid and hard working are not assets, they are the minimum expectations.

Get game time into him, everyone gets better. The club needs to change things up, we can't match any other club with a fixed center 3 but if we have a rotating roster to go through the middle and he is most definitely one of those rotations? Sure it's unconventional but then again nothing will happen unless we do something.

Hopefully he’s been told this isn’t satisfactory and when it’s your turn you go.
That was Heppell like.

Unfortunately what some produce or where they play in the U18’s doesn’t replicate in the AFL.
Some take time to adjust, Luke is in this category. Give him time and hopefully he gets a clear run from injuries and then let’s see what he is capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back