Autopsy Round 9, 2020: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge issues. Fancy making mistakes thought the call was the same as normal. Good. It’s only bad when Dwayne does it.

I like it when you get at least good commentary. Hudson is a very experienced caller, he sounded like he’d not even researched the game and gave noenergy or insight. I hate Eddie but at least he would try to hype up anything.

I like it when you get at least good commentary. Hudson is a very experienced caller, he sounded like he’d not even researched the game and gave noenergy or insight. I hate Eddie but at least he would try to hype up anything.
Just watching it again now. Can’t see anything you are saying apart from calling him Todd.

If we are talking about who deserves their position in the team the 'elephant in the room' is GEARY. Surely his position has to be the first questioned. He IMO is a weak link, that the coach has created a position forward to fit him in the side.

Yes he has done a reasonable shut down job previously but is consistently the lowest stats player in the side. If we have to play a lock down forward whats to say Savage after last nights game, doesnt deserve the opportunity to play the same role. Then he should be picked in front of Geary.

Just watching it again now. Can’t see anything you are saying apart from calling him Todd.

Oh well, I must have imagined it all. He called Callum Sinclair the wrong name and couldn’t work out who our Parker was.

The only downside to getting the five new players was that we had to lose a few to get them. At the moment Steven isn’t playing, Acres has been dropped, and Bruce has kicked 11 goals in 9 games, and six of those came in one game. im quite happy watching Howard, Jones, Butler, Hill and Ryder at the moment.
No downside for mine. I liked Bruce. A real workhouse but those figures show exactly why we are better off without him. Had the odd big game but had little impact most weeks. If we are serious we just can’t have that sort of output. Acres the same, Stuv was fried and Newness was a spud. Add Weller (a couple of games at the tigers and delisted) and Minchington (handful of games in season and a half) and it shows that the clean out was exactly what we needed. The aforementioned; and some others now departed, were pivotal to 7 years of mediocrity. A few more from the Richo era should be nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi lads, don't usually go on this board but I just thought I'd mention something after seeing the highlights of yesterday's game. Congrats on the win btw.

The thing that really stood out to me is the comfort of so many of your players on their opposite foot. You would've had half a dozen goals kicked yesterday by guys on their wrong foot I reckon. Clark, Battle, Hind had two or three of them, Butler. Clark also did a gem of a left-foot pass through the middle. Too many players are one-footed in today's game, so it was great to see that skill being executed so well. A hugely underrated skill imo.

Good luck for the rest of the season, would love to see you blokes make finals. It's been a long time coming.

If we are talking about who deserves their position in the team the 'elephant in the room' is GEARY. Surely his position has to be the first questioned. He IMO is a weak link, that the coach has created a position forward to fit him in the side.

Yes he has done a reasonable shut down job previously but is consistently the lowest stats player in the side. If we have to play a lock down forward whats to say Savage after last nights game, doesnt deserve the opportunity to play the same role. Then he should be picked in front of Geary.
He is captain. He plays. We lack leaders as it is. More to the game than just stats as shown by savage just kicking it long to no one all night.

Nobody is claiming huge incidents.
It is interesting that so many commentators are clueless about who our players are. Out of sight and out of mind I guess.
I will have a guess and say they make mistakes with players from all clubs. Strangely we notice ours. He would have thunk that

East Bentleigh mate. McKinnon is for those not good enough to get into east Bentleigh. Don’t do memorabilia

I actually don’t live in McKinnon but do walk past a place that makes a pretty good coffee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back