Autopsy Round 9, 2020: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no problem with that clip, obviously slipped. He looked knackered and just laid there.
Would have been been paid at least one in the first if it wasn't for Clarkson. Have seen less paid.
I have no trouble with Papley. Can we have Parker please?

Wasn’t Jones and Hanners for cheap enough :) Jones killed us last night. Was a big loss to the Swans. Anyway I promised I would jog on which I will just wanted to acknowledge a great post from yourself. Congrats on the win and good luck come finals. Last time I flew to Sydney to watch Swans v Saints (90s) you won by 100 so 50 wasn’t so bad attending last night.

Wasn’t Jones and Hanners for cheap enough :) Jones killed us last night. Was a big loss to the Swans. Anyway I promised I would jog on which I will just wanted to acknowledge a great post from yourself. Congrats on the win and good luck come finals. Last time I flew to Sydney to watch Swans v Saints (90s) you won by 100 so 50 wasn’t so bad attending last night.

Don’t forget Membrey 😉

Amazing. He has been miles beyond anything I expected from him.

I must admit, I thought bringing in a 40-gamer from Richmond would be nice in terms of getting some premiership thinking, and perhaps some mentoring for the youngsters, but his onfield efforts have been utterly outstanding. Absolutely WANTS to be a Saint, and wants to stick it up every other team whenever he can.

It speaks volumes that my wife's Tiger-following friends are all constantly pinging her with love for Butler, how happy they are that he's doing well for us, and how much they wish he was still a Tiger. I think we also need to acknowledge Richmond for not having him rot in their magoos, but making a clear choice on their direction, and letting him move on - win for the player, win for St Kilda, and likely good for Richmond too.

Actually I have to apologise I thought I was on the main board thread not the Saints board. I don’t make a habit of visiting other supporter boards.

I’ve clicked the wrong link using my mobile. Will leave you to discuss things as you see fit.

Yeah right. Same excuse you use for your wife when she finds pr0n on your phone?

Imagine Winx with something a little closer to Josh Kennedy's solidity ... He's going to be a destructive KPF who is damn near impossible to stop. If Winx starts to get a bit of respect from the umpires, he's going to be almost unguardable.

Watching the Eagles last night, you can see Kennedy has really come out of the extra break with better health than he's had for a few years, and is moving really well ... compare his first 9 games for Carlton with Winx's first 9 for St Kilda, and it's pretty exciting for Saints fans.

I'm not sure that I want Winx putting on too much weight and losing his greatest asset, grabbing the ball higher than anyone else. And the impact it would have on his knees and speed. Slowly slowly approach. He doesn't need to be any bigger than say Dustin Fletcher.

I'm not sure that I want Winx putting on too much weight and losing his greatest asset, grabbing the ball higher than anyone else. And the impact it would have on his knees and speed. Slowly slowly approach. He doesn't need to be any bigger than say Dustin Fletcher.

He doesn't need to be quite as bulky as Kennedy - probably needs 7-8 Kg (whereas Kennedy is listed as 14Kg heavier than Max - 104Kg vs 90Kg, at around 8cm shorter)

The Fletcher comparison is quite a good one - he played at a listed weight of 92Kg for 198cm, so 95-98Kg for Winx would probably be spot-on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody is claiming huge incidents.
It is interesting that so many commentators are clueless about who our players are. Out of sight and out of mind I guess.
Loved Kane Cornes' effort on the AFL website also.
* Thinks Hunter Clark is a hyphenated surname
* Mentions how much, 'I love this guy, Marshall' when there is vision of number 26 taking a mark
* Admonishes Carlisle for sinister, unsportsmanlike tactics. I marvel at these outraged taggers of yesteryear!

King needs to learn that when a defender is constantly bodying you from behind like that off the ball, the best defense is to 'accidentally' stand on their toes.

No looking down, just push back on your heels and the moment will come. Even better if you have to push off to make a lead when it happens.
But at this stage of Kings physical development, he probably only weighs 30 kgs soaking wet.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just want to say that Ben Paton is one of the best young players going around. Absolute legend of a game.
He was an all Australian at U/!8 level, he was an absolute draft steal. He will be in our midfield rotations in a year or two. Brave and has really good explosion and awareness, sees the chain before he gets the ball. Yeah and to repeat; brave.

He was an all Australian at U/!8 level, he was an absolute draft steal. He will be in our midfield rotations in a year or two. Brave and has really good explosion and awareness, sees the chain before he gets the ball. Yeah and to repeat; brave.
It was bizzare when he debuted as a forward. Even in the VFL he had been playing mid/forward. It was bizzare because he got recuited as an elite small back. In fact, he had been previously been tried in his u/18 year as more of a mid then he went back to murray as a 19 year old and dominated at half back. Therefor, its no surprise he's been dominant at half back.

Rampe is a campaigner and it's a shame Carlisle couldn't have stomped on his hand.

Rampe wanted to engage in physical stuff from first bounce but I will leave it there. Except to say that there were a few swans who wanted to get into the rough and scruff off ball and Jake is not one to accept that. Neither is Steele. And some of those Swans can talk blood culture but can't live it.

Pretty simple rule when i played sport; if you give it take it.

Mummy is at home making you toasties and hot chocolate so don't complain to the umpire. Papley.

Three small things as it has mostly been covered:

Jack Sinclair, never believed in him as a player until this week. Just clean.

Ratten and coaching staff; I doubted the two ruck, no extra out back, three tall fwd would work, I am wrong so far. It heightens our midfield. It creates entry.

i am exhilarated with the way we play. Give us a stoppage inside the oppo defensive 50 and we can score. Inside our own 50 we will score. And best of all, if we turnover thru corridor, we are very well organised defensively and we have grown some trust thru the midfield in our backline being able to stand up. On turnover our mids have faith in our backs.

Less mindless running because no component of the team trusts the other like we used to have.

Also, just like saying Max King looks like my boy Noah and I adore them both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back