Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Daniher
Peter Wright

To replace old and done Riewoldt
Dusty could be the best forward in the competition if we decided to go down that track and I’ll throw another name into the mix - Shane Edwards as a small/ medium forward. He’d be elite in that role.

While neither are like for like replacements for Jack they would give us an unbelievably potent forward setup alongside Lynch George Bolton and Chol/ CJ.

Then we strengthen the midfield via F/A, trade, draft. Cotch - 1 or 2 seasons left and Meatball 3 or 4. Midfield has to be the priority

Last edited:
Long term. To replace jack

Instead of a Daniher.

Chol / ccj coming good would be a big boost
Will happen too MP. Both very talented footballers. Just need Chol to be a bit tougher/stronger. Not soft but as a ruck or key forward, more aggression in the contest would be huge imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would cost a fortune in picks and cash.

I think with the picks we will probably have it would be impossible to satisfy a trade - concentrate on the free agents/draft.

Sydney already shown their hand with him that they're prepared to play hard ball with him.

No dick head rule is a concern with Papley as well as stated above ....

I think with the picks we will probably have it would be impossible to satisfy a trade - concentrate on the free agents/draft.

Sydney already shown their hand with him that they're prepared to play hard ball with him.

No dick head rule is a concern with Papley as well as stated above ....

Didn't sydney agree to a fairly reasonable deal in the end? Carlton refused cause sos is dumb

Future first and some picks should work?

Assuming we can still bring in MRJunior.

It's seems unlikely you can find an 'a grade' small fwd in free agent market.

Even with injury the last draft crop looks miles from getting a game. 2mums, turner, ccj etc. As well.

Do you want another layer of youth or target someone that'll improve the best18? 25 years old so best footy should still be ahead of him

Last edited:
Didn't sydney agree to a fairly reasonable deal in the end? Carlton refused cause sos is dumb

First first and some picks should work.

Assuming we can still bring in MRJunior.

It's seems unlikely you can find an 'a grade' small fwd in free agent market
Nah, Sydney at no point we’re going to trade, he had just signed a contract extension with them.

Won’t come to us anyway, can’t offer him the cash that the Blues can.

Nothing to worry about when Jack retires as we have

African Wayne Carey - Mabior Chol
The next Nat Fyfe - Hugo Ralphy smith
" Maurice Rioli " - Need i say more
Jacky Chan Higgins
$hai Razzle/Dazzle Bolton
Jason 'Even i dont know what im gonna do' Castagna
Does Ralphsmith look like a genuinely good prospect?

Why do we need Papley? Higgins, Aarts, Castagna, Rioli (haven’t given up hope he’ll rediscover his best form), Maurice Jnr, Lambert, Edwards, Stack, Bolton, Baker, etc. are all players who can play the small forward role. Papley is good but I would never want to burn pick 5 (or the equivalent of) on a small forward.

We need an A grade mid or mid with A grade potential.

We don’t need mids, looks at our list. We plenty to go through that position. Small/medium gun forward we don’t. Can’t rely on George, rioli or Higgins.

Lol clearly we can given we have won two flags.

Small forwards are just role players.

I'm all for another gun mid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We don’t need mids, looks at our list. We plenty to go through that position. Small/medium gun forward we don’t. Can’t rely on George, rioli or Higgins.

If Higgins can learn to use the ball then he will be one who is capable of kicking 30 plus and having a direct hand in 15-25. Right now though he would be our worst user of the footy in the team by foot.

What we lack is a genuine gun outside player with a mixture of elite disposal and running ability. In saying that these type of players aren't what you break the bank for and often go missing when needed. Outside of that we need a replacement for Jack going forward as CCJ isn't a like for like and you could argue that even with Balta emergence that another KPD is needed with Astbury heading towards the end of his career.

This years draft is stacked with KPP talent although Im not sure how good they actually are given some aren't playing. I wouldn't be opposed to using the Rance money on FA mid like B.Crouch and then using our first on Jack long term replacement but our priority should be to lock Vlastuin, Balta and Bolton on long term deals before targeting players from other clubs.

I’d be pissed if use that type of money on a brad crouch. We have the mids and the young ones are developing. Agree with the user ala a Whitfield type but still would love a genuine small crumbing goal kicker with polish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back