List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Williams could play a midfield role similar to Shai Bolton last night. Would compliment our mids well

With Zorko injured and on the wrong side of 30 our midfield really lacks any zip at all. Perhaps Bailey can help in this but it was really apparent last night the speed Tigers possessed through the middle and our lack of it. For mine Williams would be a super get....sadly a pipe dream.

Sorry but do you watch the Lions games? McStay was 7th for contested marks last year and sits just outside the top 10 this year.

To say he doesn't like to mark is like saying people don't make inane comments on BigFooty.
Fair enough I stand corrected. I was just making the observation that on many occasions he was trying to bring the ball to ground which may be a part of our game plan.

Fair enough I stand corrected. I was just making the observation that on many occasions he was trying to bring the ball to ground which may be a part of our game plan.

It definitely is and he probably does it more than he should but he has to make a snap judgement whether to go for the mark and risk having the ball spoiled out of the danger area by his opponent or try to knock it down to the front of the pack where we should have crumbers ready to pounce.

It was also very obvious that Skinner and Ballenden had been instructed to do the same.

There's a reactions video from early this year when he commented on a Hipwood 'dropped mark' that fell into the hands of a teammate who set up a goal.

Williams could play a midfield role similar to Shai Bolton last night. Would compliment our mids well
yeah, was thinking that after Bolton tore us a new one. Think we have bigger concerns such as a lack of a KPF that we can rely on week in week out but if Williams is on the table we take him in a heartbeat. Would allow Zorko to play forward more now that he's starting to decline athletically.

Is he declining athletically or is it symptomatic of his injury which needs time to heel? Anyways he is getting older and definitely would be requiring time up forward. Williams would add that pace but I hope that if he was brought in it would be as a full time midfielder. Start Robbo in the bench and have Williams as the other winger rotating through the centre.

T
It definitely is and he probably does it more than he should but he has to make a snap judgement whether to go for the mark and risk having the ball spoiled out of the danger area by his opponent or try to knock it down to the front of the pack where we should have crumbers ready to pounce.

It was also very obvious that Skinner and Ballenden had been instructed to do the same.

There's a reactions video from early this year when he commented on a Hipwood 'dropped mark' that fell into the hands of a teammate who set up a goal.
Thanks for the clarification 💥

Is he declining athletically or is it symptomatic of his injury which needs time to heel? Anyways he is getting older and definitely would be requiring time up forward. Williams would add that pace but I hope that if he was brought in it would be as a full time midfielder. Start Robbo in the bench and have Williams as the other winger rotating through the centre.
Zorko is a machine... Got 3 or 4 years left in him for sure. Williams would be a huge get but doubt he will be available.

Honestly I'm leaning towards Taylor Walker. I know he's going to be 31 next year, but he has the best record out of all the modern day key forwards against Richmond. Since 2012 Walker has played 9 games against Richmond, averaging 3 goals and 1.7 behinds per game. The only team standing against us obtaining a flag is Richmond, as they demonstrated on Tuesday. Our system in which we play our footy can hold up against other clubs besides Richmond.

Adelaide is rebuilding, i'm sure Walker would be keen to try and win a flag before he hangs up his boots, considering he lost a grand final to Richmond. Plus we have the noble connection to get the deal done. These interview (25 Feb, 2020) below indicates to me that he would enjoy the Brisbane lifestyle.
1596639108864.png
1596639136774.png
1596639237238.png
1596639269067.png
1596639369688.png
1596639406311.png
1596639451913.png
1596639524152.png
1596639568415.png
1596639624747.png

Last edited:
Walker's body is pretty much shot, he can barely jump these days. I'd imagine he'll retire at the end of the season.
That's what people was saying about Birchall, when we traded for him. Clearly you didn't watch the interview, in which he stats he wants to play on considering he's contracted until next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I'm leaning towards Taylor Walker. I know he's going to be 31 next year, but he has the best record out of all the modern day key forwards against Richmond. Since 2012 Walker has played 9 games against Richmond, averaging 3 goals and 1.7 behinds per game. The only team standing against us obtaining a flag is Richmond, as they demonstrated on Tuesday. Our system in which we play our footy can hold up against other clubs besides Richmond.

Adelaide is rebuilding, i'm sure Walker would be keen to try and win a flag before he hangs up his boots, considering he lost a grand final to Richmond. Plus we have the noble connection to get the deal done. These interview (25 Feb, 2020) below indicates to me that he would enjoy the Brisbane lifestyle.
View attachment 928502
View attachment 928503
View attachment 928504
View attachment 928505
View attachment 928507
View attachment 928508
View attachment 928509
View attachment 928510
View attachment 928511
View attachment 928512

Walker has been horrible for 12 months.... nearly cooked. We wouldn't look at him in a million years.

Would rather Charlie Dixon over Brown and Walker! Out of contract this year!
Although I really wouldn’t mind a play for Daniher!

Would rather Charlie Dixon over Brown and Walker! Out of contract this year!
Although I really wouldn’t mind a play for Daniher!
I just don’t understand the Daniher talk.

The guy has had mesh surgically implanted in his groin to hold him together, and still can’t get back on the field.

Every time Essendon ramp up his running, he has a set back.

Dixon, I would have.

That's what people was saying about Birchall, when we traded for him. Clearly you didn't watch the interview, in which he stats he wants to play on considering he's contracted until next year.

How much leading and jumping does Birchall really need to do compared to a KPF?

I just don’t understand the Daniher talk.

The guy has had mesh surgically implanted in his groin to hold him together, and still can’t get back on the field.

Every time Essendon ramp up his running, he has a set back.

Dixon, I would have.
A restricted free agent so if we were lucky and the dons didn’t match, we could get for free, he has enormous upside and with the history of our medical team, you would nearly back them in to fix him up!

View attachment 928502
View attachment 928503
View attachment 928504
View attachment 928505
View attachment 928507
View attachment 928508
View attachment 928509
View attachment 928510
View attachment 928511
View attachment 928512

Sorry, but 😂😂😂

Would rather have Josh back.

A restricted free agent so if we were lucky and the dons didn’t match, we could get for free, he has enormous upside and with the history of our medical team, you would nearly back them in to fix him up!
He’s not free. He would cost a significant portion of the salary cap to pry away from Essendon

Draft pick compensation relates to the guaranteed portion of contracts. That would require a $700k to $750k per year of guaranteed money over 4 years for Essendon to receive band 1 compensation.

That’s a huge gamble.

He doesn’t have any upside if he can’t get back on the park.

Our medical teams history is largely preventing soft tissue injuries. Namely hamstring injuries.

We can’t prevent an injury that has already occurred and required surgery.

As much as everyone else, I would love a straight kicking, contested marking full forward to round out our forward line.

Unfortunately there really aren’t any that appear to be attainable via trade (or draft for that matter).

So I would rather look towards other avenues to goal.

Improve and increase our depth of small forwards and flankers who can kick goals and also rotate through the midfield.

And look to add midfielders who can kick goals from the midfield and rotate forward.

If we’re going to persist with Hipwood, McStay and a ruck forward, because we are unable to improve this part of the list, we need to add to the likes of Cameron, McCarthy and Rayner.

Why waste time on a half fix in brown, go all out for Jeremy Cameron. We will not win a premiership with our current forward line.

He is obviously one of the best forwards in the game, but I honestly don’t think I could cheer for the bloke. Have zero love for Cameron after his dog act on Harris and seems like a bit of a knob head. Great footballer, but I won’t be forgiving him any time soon after his dirty actions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back