Rumour Tigers accused of groping teammate

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick abruptly cut short his press conference on Friday amid allegations two of his players had groped a teammate.

Network Ten senior reporter Hugh Riminton questioned Hardwick about two recent post-match incidents in the Tigers' dressing room, after wins over the Western Bulldogs and Brisbane Lions.
Richmond's Mabior Chol.

Richmond's Mabior Chol.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
It has been alleged defender Nick Vlastuin groped Mabior Chol after the Lions match at the Gabba, with Chol, according to Riminton, reacting in a manner that "plainly indicates he wasn't expecting such an action".

After the win over the Bulldogs, also at the Gabba, Riminton claims that Jayden Short grabbed Chol's genitals.

Riminton said he had not received a complaint from any player.

When questioned if he had any knowledge of the incidents, Hardwick replied: "No mate."

Last edited:
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick abruptly cut short his press conference on Friday amid allegations two of his players had groped a teammate.

Network Ten senior reporter Hugh Riminton questioned Hardwick about two recent post-match incidents in the Tigers' dressing room, after wins over the Western Bulldogs and Brisbane Lions.
Richmond's Mabior Chol.'s Mabior Chol.

Richmond's Mabior Chol.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
It has been alleged defender Nick Vlastuin groped Mabior Chol after the Lions match at the Gabba, with Chol, according to Riminton, reacting in a manner that "plainly indicates he wasn't expecting such an action".

After the win over the Bulldogs, also at the Gabba, Riminton claims that Jayden Short grabbed Chol's genitals.

Riminton said he had not received a complaint from any player.

When questioned if he had any knowledge of the incidents, Hardwick replied: "No mate."

guessing he could be nicknamed horse as well. Wonder if Nahas got the same treatment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disgraceful behaviour, and on multiple occasions.

I can't understand why Richmond haven't already suspended this players indefinitely.

quick somebody call the wambulance

I guess you would be upset and Richmond did alot worse to the crows in 2017 and you never recovered emotionally.

They'll (media) try and turn in to a racist thing and not a big dick thing.

Try to?

Riminton added: "The question to you is, if this is horseplay, are all premiership players within Richmond expected to tolerate [this] or is it just the black player is expected to tolerate it. A question for you Damien Hardwick."

Must be a slow news week, between "Richmond players asked for some groceries" and now this which was broadcast on TV and i'm pretty sure i've seen someone that has it as their avatar

Also this is bizarre " Riminton said he had not received a complaint from any player. " Why would Chol complain to some random journo if he had an issue....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back