AFL Autopsy RND 10: Down to the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a half decent list that has potential that's being trained to be way too defensive and conservative at a given contest. Spoil instead of marking to advantage. That's a league wide problem, but it's clear as day that it effect players skills and decision making, they then struggle when it comes to the offense side of the game. Leading, competing, wanting to take on the game.
We have a only a half decent list when we are fully fit.

However our depth is dreadful, and so if we are missing 4 or 5 best 22 players we become BOG average. As we are now.

Look at Richmond at points last year and this year, West Coast's Grand final team in 2018 and GwS last year. Good teams can cover those losses.

We cant, and even when fully fit we are maybe a top 6 or 6 side, but certainly not challenging for a flag.

We have the dumbest, softest, unaccountable and undisciplined list in the comp.
A club of mediocrity where everyone from the front office to the playing list that just want to pick up a pay cheque.
Place needs complete overhaul and clean out. Start with getting ride of the following:
TBC
Gleeson
Zaka
Cutler
Stewart
Smack
McKenna
Dodoro
Harvey
+ plus many more

Does Woosha ever watch our games?

f36b86f853004ac18998bf651f4502420fb78f9c.jpeg

FFS.

Cameron said the same thing. All coaches do it's not a Worsfold thing. But I guess it's just so much easier to hate the coach.

Shock horror one week after the AFL says there will be large fines for any comments on umpiring coaches don't want to say much.

I get it people are angry, they are emotional they want the coach or club to show some emotion. Guess what? They won't.

You want emotion? The players show emotion.
McKenna. Smith. Walla.
All decking players after they have got rid of the ball and being undisciplined. All slammed on this board and by the same fans that want the coach to rant in a presser to validate their emotions

2 goals in the 2nd half.

FTLOG could we have tagged Taranto Whitfield or Coniglio?

Yes they were lucky but again our 2nd half efforts were poor despite missing more cattle.

4 days off then a game then 3 days off then a game. Suns and Saints quicker than us and more skillful.

GC have Witt's so I'd be saving Drapes for Marshall/Ryder

Zaka sprints offensively jogs defensively. Damn I missed the intensity of The Guelf.

RESTED Drapes Cutler
INJURED Towny
DROPPED Zaka Irish

IN Hibbo Clarke Mozzy Ham Flipper

FFS.

Cameron said the same thing. All coaches do it's not a Worsfold thing. But I guess it's just so much easier to hate the coach.

Shock horror one week after the AFL says there will be large fines for any comments on umpiring coaches don't want to say much.

I get it people are angry, they are emotional they want the coach or club to show some emotion. Guess what? They won't.

McKenna. Smith. Walla.
All decking players after they have got rid of the ball and being undisciplined. All slammed on this board and by the same fans that want the coach to rant in a presser to validate their emotions
My comment wasn't that serious. Just making light of a s**t situation.

My comment wasn't that serious. Just making light of a sh*t situation.

Yeah mines more targeted at the tweet itself and some other comments that followed.

He's not allowed to talk sh*t about the umpiring, and he obviously doesn't have anything nice to say about them. Saying he didn't see it is a very effective way to kill the question without being a dick or 'no commenting' his way to the front page.
Say want you want about worsfold but he’s an elite media performer. Gives the journos nothing and they hate it hahahaha. They just want a headline or click bait.

Wrong

We do have a good list

The problem is half of it is always ******* injured.

The ‘injuries’ argument is honestly worse than the umpiring one. We don’t have any more injuries than any other team. Our list is exactly where we sit on the ladder, and have for the last 5/however many years.

You could argue if Giants had Toby Green tonight, they would have one by 5 goals. But you can’t, because he was hurt and every team has injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do hope we're following up with the AFL because this happens way too often for it to be a coincidence.

It's just bad umpiring at bad times mate.

Gws copped a howler when Hurley slid in and took out the guys knees when they were out.
The free to Walla was an "even up" after they missed the Langford free, it wasn't really there.

They are just bad calls, and we have copped a few of the more memorable ones because of the result of the free. The Ward one was a goal, the McGrath holding the ball was a goal.

There is no conspiracy, the umpiring is just trash.

Have to start playing for frees. It’s nasty business but every team does it but us.

We have to start being coached into begging to the umps. Watch how Geelong do it, both hands out and pleading for a free no matter how obvious/ non obvious the free. Dangerfield and Selwood are halfway through getting tackled and are looking for the ump trying to motion a high free kick. Pay close attention to the Cats when they put pressure on the umps to pay a deliberate out of bounds or really any free kick. We have to start getting coached on how we appeal / play for frees.

It's just bad umpiring at bad times mate.

Gws copped a howler when Hurley slid in and took out the guys knees when they were out.
The free to Walla was an "even up" after they missed the Langford free, it wasn't really there.

They are just bad calls, and we have copped a few of the more memorable ones because of the result of the free. The Ward one was a goal, the McGrath holding the ball was a goal.

There is no conspiracy, the umpiring is just trash.
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but making it out to be like it's no different to other sides is also ignoring the truth. By that, I don't mean the other sides don't cop bad calls, but interpretation seems to go against us most of the time. Townsend was concussed and that wasn't a free kick in front of goal. Ward's incident is a free. That's what makes this sport unprofessional.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but making it out to be like it's no different to other sides is also ignoring the truth. By that, I don't mean the other sides don't cop bad calls, but interpretation seems to go against us most of the time. Townsend was concussed and that wasn't a free kick in front of goal. Ward's incident is a free. That's what makes this sport unprofessional.
Honestly, not sure what Shaw is supposed to do there. His eyes were on the ball, he took the ball (well, fumbled it but it's clear what his intent was) and Townsend caused the head high contact. We're rightly upset about the Ward decision, it was incorrect, but if it was our defensive goalsquare and one of our defenders were punished for that I would have been screaming.

we seem to give a lot of frees away

in the ruck, downfield, holding the man

must be something about the way we play the umps don’t like

Umps are blameless?
FFS.

McKenna. Smith. Walla.
Yeah.....didnt stop Clarkson from saying anything ....but heay lets just accept it ...why not

Two things that need clearing up urgently.

1. Umpires can win or lose you a match.

2. Just because you criticise the umpires doesn't mean you let your own team off the hook. They are not mutually exclusive.
100% this. Team is responsible for letting a 29 point lead go. The AFL is responsible for ensuring the game is umpired correctly. I actually feel sorry for the umpires. Rules and interpretations continuously change, making it all a mess.
Honestly, not sure what Shaw is supposed to do there. His eyes were on the ball, he took the ball (well, fumbled it but it's clear what his intent was) and Townsend caused the head high contact. We're rightly upset about the Ward decision, it was incorrect, but if it was our defensive goalsquare and one of our defenders were punished for that I would have been screaming.
I don't believe intent is considered when paying a high free kick. I don't mind letting that go if it's consistently paid that way. It's not, which makes it very confusing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back