Game Day Geelong vs St Kilda, Mon Aug 10 @ GABBA, 6.10 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The match review panel has assessed contact between Tom Hawkins and Matt Stevic from the first quarter of the Geelong and St Kilda match. Contact has been deemed high, intentional with severe impact. Hawkins has been charged with a level 5 offence and will be summarily shot at dawn.
Hawk will be lucky if he doesn't get rubbed out just because of this discussion.

Wondering who plays on Butler, can Bews or OConnor do a job?
Taylor and Henderson on King and Membrey work well, Kolo and Blics on Battle and Ryder/Marshall with Henry playing as the intercept spoiler/marker seems OK.
Looking forward to seeing Danger, Joel and Stegen unleashed together for the first time when they should all be fresh and ready, crazy to think we've been able to rely on Menegola and Guthrie so far but the improvment might come from the bigger names
Huge week for the team to show we're in it this year against 2 sides in good form near the top

Looking forward to seeing Danger, Joel and Steven unleashed together for the first time when they should all be fresh and ready, crazy to think we've been able to rely on Menegola and Guthrie so far but the improvement might come from the bigger names.

I'm with you in hoping that the skipper and Danger might give us a big boost around the ball tonight, after both having some time out of the middle in recent weeks.

Not sure at all whether Steven will thrive in tonight's scenario. But if Guth and Mena keep up their good form, we should at least be competitive in the middle.

And, if we're not, a little like the Carlton game, I don't really think it will matter too much who is playing in the backline. If the ball is coming in fast and unpressured, I think we'll really struggle.

Reckon the mod team should sponsor a few beers for our lone representatives at the game. What say you, dazbroncos?
put it on my tab.... just tell them Daz's tab when you purchase. Should be fine.

Enjoy

Thank me later

GO Catters

Sorry to intrude but not sure where to ask on your board.

Fog and Simpson out as managed is interesting as I thought both would be best 22 now.

Is it because of the short turnaround and both be back next game?

Or are they just fringe best 25, will they both be back or just one?

Thanks in advance and good luck for tonight's game.

Fog and Simpson out as managed is interesting as I thought both would be best 22 now.

Its 1/2 managed and 3/4 getting the more experienced guys back into the team - and my maths is deliberate.

Id have them both borderline best 25.... but im also keen on getting more games into them. Others will differ in opinion.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s due to the rotations policy with the short breaks between games . I suspect any sort of soreness or niggles will result in a game off.

Something WCE won’t have to worry about

Need to smack them out of the middle. Danger back in there, Guthrie, Menegola and Selwood should be way too strong. If we do, 4-5 goal win.

If we don’t, I can see a painful 3-4 goal loss where they jump us early and we never recover. You know the type.

Really hoping St Kilda serve up a top class performance against us tonight. The footy is only going to get harder from here and each game will become a test for finals. Need to start settling the team and sorting the wheat from the chaff. i'm hoping for a win without injuries but that seems like a luxury these days. Which Geelong turns up tonight?
Also, Chris Scott alluded in the press conference to the fact that Cocky is 1-2 games away. I know he's probably going to blow a hammy and be gone for the rest of the season, (Menzel curse) but I'm just super excited to see the kid out there again. When you actually look at our last decade, we have lost some absolute superstars to injury. Cocky, Menzel, Egan etc. These guys were/are premiership material. Fingers crossed Cocky gets back out there and stays out there.
Cocky is not a kid anymore. Middle age man, few grey hairs have appeared. Yes it’s been that long! I think Brisbane climate might help ala linc. McCarthy , so get him in!

It's the short turnaround I expect them back on Friday. 4 day break is requiring us to rotate.

Huge implications on tonight's result for us. At 6-4, a win will consolidate our spot in the top 4, but a loss ahead of the big game against Port on Friday would see us lose touch with the top 4, particularly with WC having a game in hand, and pile the pressure on for the remaining 6 games.

Should win! Time to bully the pretenders! They’ll have their speed and outside run and will be dangerous at times. Our whole philosophy was to stock up for another crack at a flag, so Hendo, Taylor and Steven- Its go time! Win this and a free hit at Port.

Just like we did against Brisbane. That is the template for tonight.

I don't think either are in our best 25 if we had a fully fit list. With Ablett and Dahlhaus out they are thereabouts. I'd expect they will probably do Fog and Simpson in for Close and Atkins or whatever for the next game. I wouldn't be overly confident on their long term position in the side though with Clark, Narkle, Ablett, Dahlhaus, Cockatoo all outside the team at the moment and competing for similar positions.

Need to smack them out of the middle. Danger back in there, Guthrie, Menegola and Selwood should be way too strong. If we do, 4-5 goal win.

If we don’t, I can see a painful 3-4 goal loss where they jump us early and we never recover. You know the type.
Personally I think the saints are the exact type of side that our game plan is set up to defeat.
If they try and move it too fast under pressure we will destroy them.

However, we do have this small issue where we don't put on enough scoreboard pressure to lock fast scoring sides out of a come back.

I haven't watched port yet. I understand their style is similar.

I think we are feeling too confident on the back of a win against a team who are playing for draft picks so there is nothing to take away from that North Melbourne game at all.
The week previously, we jumped right out of the blocks against a team who will play in the grand final before they found their A game and ran all over the top of us just as they did to Carlton last night.

St Kilda have beaten Richmond and Port Adelaide already and they should do just enough to get by us tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back