Game Day Geelong vs St Kilda, Mon Aug 10 @ GABBA, 6.10 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Ryder in. Phillips (brother of Tom from Collingwood) good outside runner. 2 rucks are redundant this day and age and Ryder doesn't pose problems for us down forward with how tall our backline (read: shouldn't) is I would think. Just my opinion

NB This is massively off topic so I've hidden most of my post in a quote to try and compress it. Read the quote if you like.

You wouldn't have 18 teams with 9 in only one city either.

The facts are that we inherited a 22 game season from the 1970s when the VFL had 12 teams.
You are speaking my language!

Wonder if we may now swing a late late change with Ryder out - maybe manage one of our tall defenders with say Zuthrie to return?

Looks like we are as selected.

Saints have been in great form. The only slight against them, is do they actually have an out and out star player?
All premiership teams have several.
Steele, King, Marshall are close.
Watching how frenetically they play, it is hard to think we can match them, but Freo did.
Not sure how this one goes, but it could be a repeat of the home and away of 09 v Saints

You are speaking my language!
Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy when I let it out of the box haha.

Anyone listening to Krock and know which player they're talking about that got sledged hard and didn't play the return game the same year? At first I thought it was Dalhaus but now I'm thinking it's Rohan?

Anyone listening to Krock and know which player they're talking about that got sledged hard and didn't play the return game the same year? At first I thought it was Dalhaus but now I'm thinking it's Rohan?
GAJ?
Rohan v likely

They didn’t play the second game Because they were sledged?? I’d hope our players have thicker skins to be honest.

Rohan

That would be rohan. They rested him against the swans the second time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints have been in great form. The only slight against them, is do they actually have an out and out star player?
All premiership teams have several.
Steele, King, Marshall are close.
Watching how frenetically they play, it is hard to think we can match them, but Freo did.
Not sure how this one goes, but it could be a repeat of the home and away of 09 v Saints

When he was playing for GWS i thought he was going to be a star of the competition

Then when he went to the Saints i thought he had stagnated for a year or 2 - but this year apparently he is playing really well - and i read a week or 2 back he comprehensively beat some top player - forgotten who that was

But he is playing well and he has got talent - as evidenced by his early games for GWS

but it could be a repeat of the home and away of 09 v Saints
In what way? They open up with 5 straight and then we pull it back and overtake them, only to be pipped right at the end? Because in terms of quality I don't see it. This Geelong side doesn't have anywhere near the skill level, nor is does it have the bravery in game plan and resilience that the '09 Geelong side had.

In what way? They open up with 5 straight and then we pull it back and overtake them, only to be pipped right at the end? Because in terms of quality I don't see it. This Geelong side doesn't have anywhere near the skill level, nor is does it have the bravery in game plan and resilience that the '09 Geelong side had.
Neither does the STK side, what say you to believe that it wouldn't be close?

Did we over take them?? I though stokes kicked one in the last to draw the scores level before Gardner took that hanger and knocked out Taylor. Can’t remember us ever leading?
Either way it was an Amazing game.

Grateful to be a Cats supporter since 1975. In the last 16 years we won 3 premierships, basically in the race every year but 2. Contrast the Saints. No Premiership since 1966, and in the same 16 years they went up, never made it, all the way down and only now a real contender. Go Cats.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Did we over take them?? I though stokes kicked one in the last to draw the scores level before Gardner took that hanger and knocked out Taylor. Can’t remember us ever leading?
Either way it was an Amazing game.
No, you're right. The Stokes goal tied it up. I misremembered. Still, did well to draw it level.

And away we go.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back