Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Hawthorn round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would rather we just use Rotham in the role we’ve been trying to give to Brander. Rotham was projected to be a wing/flanker when drafted, not a third tall. Rotham was supposed to be one of the more skilful players in that draft I thought.

For some reason we’re trying to turn a KPP into a wing, and a wing into a KPP.

Or we could just leave the midfield as it is seeing as we've gone 6-0 since dropping the extra mid we were trying to shoe horn in

I reckon the Eagles could rest half the team and still win by 10 goals against our headless chooks,,!
Looks like a good opportunity to give some of your kids a run, so accordingly the following who should be 'managed' are:
Kennedy
Natanui
Shuey
Darling
McGovern
Sheppard
Gaff
Ryan
Barrass
Sheed

Given the coach's duty of care responsibilities I'll send that list in an email later today for Simmo's consideration...
Dont rate Kelly or Yeo mate?

Yep, good call on it only needing to be 2 weeks if every team were here.
So 2 weeks into the 4 weeks of finals and players are free to roam about as they please.
Perhaps there would even be a sneaky chance of a full capacity Optus Stadium by the time the grand final event.

All a pipe dream though as I doubt restrictions ease any time soon this year. Though we have no cases it's still important to keep some levels in place in the event Covid makes its way back over here (if the trends in Vic continue its inevitable it'll spread to other states).

Not sure about a pipe dream.

If the Eagles hub like Freo (they are off to Cairns for three games prior to finals) that will be the 2nd time WA clubs have moved interstate to QLD.

What could occur is round 1 if finals happens in QLD and after that the finals move to WA / SA.

Only two finals per week from the second week on and we get the most of the finals at decent stadiums with decent crowds and $$$.

If the WA and SA move back to a hub and then need to remain there through finals that could be 8-9 weeks away from home for no reason other than the Vic and QLD clubs are in QLD.

QLD get first week of finals and then finally Brisbane will need to join a hub like the rest of the competition has.

That could work however we all know the AFL would just love the Lions to win another flag and in Brisbane to "grow the game". So yer, they will force Port and the Eagles to hub for 8-9 weeks prior to the GF if they make it while the Lions don't move anywhere.

I kind of like Ah Chee, he has so much promise and he is trying his guts out. Just need an extra 20% actual statistical output somehow.

Unfortunately I can see Rotham being dropped for Gov as the only change. He doesn't deserve to be dropped though.

Rest Hurn against the young Hawks. Rotham stays.

Hurn's legs are not getting any younger.

If the Eagles hub like Freo (they are off to Cairns for three games prior to finals) that will be the 2nd time WA clubs have moved interstate to QLD.

What could occur is round 1 if finals happens in QLD and after that the finals move to WA / SA.

Only two finals per week from the second week on and we get the most of the finals at decent stadiums with decent crowds and $$$.

If the WA and SA move back to a hub and then need to remain there through finals that could be 8-9 weeks away from home for no reason other than the Vic and QLD clubs are in QLD.

QLD get first week of finals and then finally Brisbane will need to join a hub like the rest of the competition has.

That could work however we all know the AFL would just love the Lions to win another flag and in Brisbane to "grow the game". So yer, they will force Port and the Eagles to hub for 8-9 weeks prior to the GF if they make it while the Lions don't move anywhere.

I'm surprised we're heading off to hubs again so soon. I wouldve thought they would anticipate ours (and ports) finals involvement and keep those teams at home for atleast a few more weeks.

The extended 8-9week period in hubs is basically going to nullify both of us by finals.

Though I guess almost every team is in the same boat now other than Brisbane / GCS.

Our record at Adelaide Oval means we have effectively 2 possible home locations for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it defies logic when you think about the WA teams having too relocate to QLD.

WA is the only state allowing 50% attendances in at games and we are pulling the biggest crowds.

No one is going to the matches in QLD and it is not an AFL state.

Surely, commonsense should prevail and the WA teams should remain here.

But that's right, it is just the VFL being corrupt as usual taking backhanders from the QLD Government with no intention of making the competition fair, even or interesting.

INteresting take out from last week - with respect to Oscar's ruckwork.

Some discussion about the aerobic work Oscar does when rucking to do his best to wear out the opposition rucks.

We know endurance isn't a strength of Nic - and oppo rucks will try and expose that - but it appears that Oscar is on the front foot and running them hard to take to limit this part of their arsenal. And of course he is talented enough that you can't let him roam free.

INteresting take out from last week - with respect to Oscar's ruckwork.

Some discussion about the aerobic work Oscar does when rucking to do his best to wear out the opposition rucks.

We know endurance isn't a strength of Nic - and oppo rucks will try and expose that - but it appears that Oscar is on the front foot and running them hard to take to limit this part of their arsenal. And of course he is talented enough that you can't let him roam free.
I liked how BT mentioned Vardy was 'ready to come back' into the side the other day. Doubt he'll get a look in now that GOAT Allen has learnt how to ruck

I'm surprised we're heading off to hubs again so soon. I wouldve thought they would anticipate ours (and ports) finals involvement and keep those teams at home for atleast a few more weeks.

The extended 8-9week period in hubs is basically going to nullify both of us by finals.

Though I guess almost every team is in the same boat now other than Brisbane / GCS.

The other teams will be in hubs longer because their states couldn't control themselves.

So from a finals perspective that sounds like a 'them' problem that they need 'us' to fix.

Now where have we seen / heard that before?

The other teams will be in hubs longer because their states couldn't control themselves.

So from a finals perspective that sounds like a 'them' problem that they need 'us' to fix.

Now where have we seen / heard that before?

I dont fully understand why everyone needs to be in Qld but I guess AFL are just buttering them up for finals. They need a story for the year thatll generate revenue and interest much like WWE. I suspect Brisbane / GCS are it this year.

I dont fully understand why everyone needs to be in Qld but I guess AFL are just buttering them up for finals. They need a story for the year thatll generate revenue and interest much like WWE. I suspect Brisbane / GCS are it this year.
Hence Neale4Brownlow

Also i put $25 on Brissy to win the GF

Who do you think the AFL would prefer to win?

Brisbane or GWS.

That will be why we and Port will cop a raw deal. Likely play a 'home final' at the GABBA v Brisbane.

Who do you think the AFL would prefer to win?

Brisbane or GWS.

That will be why we and Port will cop a raw deal. Likely play a 'home final' at the GABBA v Brisbane.

They'd probably be happy with either tbh. But Brisbane would be the better result for the comp I reckon.

Atleast Brissie are going to be top of the ladder and "earn" the monster homeground advantage.

Its better than it just being locked away at the G by default anyway.

I liked how BT mentioned Vardy was 'ready to come back' into the side the other day. Doubt he'll get a look in now that GOAT Allen has learnt how to ruck

Vardy is probably behind Hickey as the lead ruck and behind Williams as the backup ruck.

BT’s analysis was almost certainly reading the injury list and going “hmm, there’s a name I recognize and it says he’s a week away”.

Vardy is probably behind Hickey as the lead ruck and behind Williams as the backup ruck.

BT’s analysis was almost certainly reading the injury list and going “hmm, there’s a name I recognize and it says he’s a week away”.
BT knows as much about our list as he does about commentating in a relevant manner. Brian is roaming through our list guessing and making a fool of himself.

Well if Nic goes down again it could be DeJaVu for Vardy into the side late in the season to snag another medal

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back