Review Good vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Brainfart of epic proportions..

i thought he was good in the 1st quarter.. but was deplorable for the rest of the game.

Not particularly. Wage would be around the minimum and we've got plenty of list changes to make already in the next two.

At worse, we have a backup ruck for three years (Angus Graham memorial list position). Best we found a cheap key forward. Still Himmelberg genuinely breaking out has caught us completely by surprise, I reckon.

I feel like he's starting to do more with his touches, but he just doesn't seem to get any easy ones.

Do the others not look for him when he's free? I don't know. He just seems to have to work so hard for his touches

He seems to be dreadfully unlucky as well. I think it was in the first he was in a stoppage, made a run to create an option and the ball went straight to where he started initially.

I don't know if it's just a mentality thing or if he really lacks a football brain. I am certainly hoping it's the first one.

The saltiness on the Blues board, brings ironically tears of joy.

This time last year, those campaigners had the better of us, when they beat us while we were on the way down and them falsely believing they were on the up.

Another Finals campaign missed.
How long as Teague got left?

There must be some parents of gun U14-15 players getting awfully nervous their sons careers might be wasted at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butts got about 5 years worth of development in 1 game. I liked what I saw even though he got monstered in the second half and was probably the reason we let Carlton have a sniff.
I really liked that Nicks left him on McKay.

Hartigan probably would have stopped a couple of those goals, but this did a lot more for his development.

Not worth starting a new thread about it, and dont know where to put it, so ill just place it here

first wooden spoon

1. St Kilda - 1874
2. North Melbourne (As Hotham) - 1879
3. University - 1885
4. Port Adelaide - 1886
5. Western Bulldogs (As Footscray) - 1887
6. Richmond - 1891
7. Carlton - 1894
8. Sydney (As South Melbourne) - 1903
9. Melbourne - 1905
10. Essendon - 1907
11. Geelong - 1908
12. Hawthorn - 1915
13. Fitzroy - 1916 (Or 1936 if you deem 1916 as avoiding the spoon)
14. Collingwood - 1976
15. Brisbane Bears - 1990
16. Brisbane Lions - 1998
17. Fremantle - 2001
18. West Coast - 2011
19. Gold Coast - 2012
20. Greater Western Sydney - 2013

Adelaide - 2020??????

Even if we win it, we're the last club standing.

Nah, everything Reid touches turns to gold. It must have been a request to get cheap depth for both key forward and ruck positions.

Good
Lachlan Sholl. Going to be a star for us. Gym over the preseason please.
Schoenberg. Just continues to get better and better. A strong preseason and he's a starting mid.
Matt Crouch. Thought he was outstanding controlling the stoppages.
McAdam. Crucial marks.
Gibbs. Nice way to finish his career happy for him, hope he can get his life back on track now.
Brad and Lairdy. Played well.
Keays. Fights all day. Keeper.
Himmelburg. Build the forward line around this bloke. He has it.
McPherson. Just gets it done and will do for the next 200 games.

Bad.
Eleni. Disgusting she keeps getting a game, presumably because she's female.
Fogarty. Don't know what he is right now. Needs to work it out over summer or his career will come to a close quicker than he knows.
Frampton. Simply not AFL standard in his efforts. Could be ok if he was consistent in his efforts.

Ugly.
Kelly getting a game.

Not worth starting a new thread about it, and dont know where to put it, so ill just place it here

first wooden spoon

1. St Kilda - 1874
2. North Melbourne (As Hotham) - 1879
3. University - 1885
4. Port Adelaide - 1886
5. Western Bulldogs (As Footscray) - 1887
6. Richmond - 1891
7. Carlton - 1894
8. Sydney (As South Melbourne) - 1903
9. Melbourne - 1905
10. Essendon - 1907
11. Geelong - 1908
12. Hawthorn - 1915
13. Fitzroy - 1916 (Or 1936 if you deem 1916 as avoiding the spoon)
14. Collingwood - 1976
15. Brisbane Bears - 1990
16. Brisbane Lions - 1998
17. Fremantle - 2001
18. West Coast - 2011
19. Gold Coast - 2012
20. Greater Western Sydney - 2013

Adelaide - 2020??????

Even if we win it, we're the last club standing.
Do Port have an AFL wooden spoon?

I know we have only beaten Hawks, GWS, and Carlton but 3 wins in a row, and 4 picks inside the top 30 as of the moment, Has very exciting times ahead for us. Like I said last week were not as far away as people thought we were.

Surely Cornes and everyone shut up about our kids not being any great now.

I really liked that Nicks left him on McKay.

Hartigan probably would have stopped a couple of those goals, but this did a lot more for his development.
Agree getting schooled in the second half of second game is an easy shake off and learning experience. Easy shake off.

Brainfart of epic proportions..

i thought he was good in the 1st quarter.. but was deplorable for the rest of the game.
Is it?

He's depth in multiple positions for close to minimum cash. He's a body there for a couple of year to provide backup. It's not a massive deal.

I have no idea what this graph means. Are they really saying Fogarty had a better game than Mrouch?

Yup. By whatever metrics and weighting champion data used, they rated Fogs influence as more important than Matt Crouchs.

Seems a bit to skewed to a couple of statistics, but also Matt does have a habit of getting a lot of ball and not really doing anything with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back