Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the H/S.

NANK SUDDENLY BECOMES PRIORITY
RICHMOND will have to make Toby Nankervis’ signature a clear priority now that Ivan Soldo has gone down with an injury that could threaten his entire 2021 season as well.

Nankervis has always wanted to stay at Punt Road but looked likely to be shuffled out because of Soldo and Callum Coleman-Jones.

Sydney was a natural link given their ruck issues.

Toby Nankervis will have to carry the rucking load without Ivan Soldo next year. Picture: Matt Roberts/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
Toby Nankervis will have to carry the rucking load without Ivan Soldo next year. Picture: Matt Roberts/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
Damien Hardwick has been reported as not guaranteeing the future of Coleman-Jones but despite a slip of the tongue in a press conference he immediately back-tracked and confirmed the contracted ruck would be around.

GWS and Adelaide are interested in Coleman-Jones but there is no prospect the Tigers would release him given his upside.

Gold Coast’s interest in Richmond’s Nathan Broad is real as he faces being pushed out of the Tigers side for the foreseeable future but the Suns are intent on retaining cap space for their bevy of emerging stars.

It means he would be more likely to get an extra year of tenure but less salary, with the Suns unwilling to give up quality picks for the 27-year-old.

Noah Balta’s emergence at Richmond means the Tigers are shuffling backline spots, with David Astbury the latest key defender ready to come into that backline.

Dual premiership player Broad has been one of the club’s unsung heroes shutting down elite forwards with a minimum of fuss.

From the H/S.

RICHMOND will have to make Toby Nankervis’ signature a clear priority now that Ivan Soldo has gone down with an injury that could threaten his entire 2021 season as well.

Nankervis has always wanted to stay at Punt Road but looked likely to be shuffled out because of Soldo and Callum Coleman-Jones.

Damien Hardwick has been reported as not guaranteeing the future of Coleman-Jones but despite a slip of the tongue in a press conference he immediately back-tracked and confirmed the contracted ruck would be around.

GWS and Adelaide are interested in Coleman-Jones but there is no prospect the Tigers would release him given his upside.

Gold Coast’s interest in Richmond’s Nathan Broad is real as he faces being pushed out of the Tigers side for the foreseeable future but the Suns are intent on retaining cap space for their bevy of emerging stars.

It means he would be more likely to get an extra year of tenure but less salary, with the Suns unwilling to give up quality picks for the 27-year-old.

Noah Balta’s emergence at Richmond means the Tigers are shuffling backline spots, with David Astbury the latest key defender ready to come into that backline.

Dual premiership player Broad has been one of the club’s unsung heroes shutting down elite forwards with a minimum of fuss.

Don’t see why Broad would go for less money and if Gold Coast aren’t willing to give up what is fair I’m sure there would be other clubs that would look at Broad. Interesting to see what they mean by quality picks.

From the H/S.

Then GC can GAGF if they think they can take a player for next to nothing.

I read somewhere that he wanted to go back to WA with his girlfriend so stuff GC - lets deal with Freo and shake that tree instead.

Don’t see why Broad would go for less money and if Gold Coast aren’t willing to give up what is fair I’m sure there would be other clubs that would look at Broad. Interesting to see what they mean by quality picks.
Less money per year but the extra year makes up and more for it in the long run perhaps.

Then GC can GAGF if they think they can take a player for next to nothing.

I read somewhere that he wanted to go back to WA with his girlfriend so stuff GC - lets deal with Freo and shake that tree instead.
What would be Broads draft pick range?

What would be Broads draft pick range?

That’s a hard question because it varies so much depending on the situation and club your dealing with. E.g we got pick 54 for Butler which is unders but then there’s examples of team getting overs. E.g Collingwood got pick 19 for Wellingham which became Grundy.
I think Gold Coasts second rounder this year is fair given the uncertainty of the draft and less players will probably be taken. If they aren’t prepared to give us a fair pick that we’d use this year then we look at a player or a future pick.

That’s a hard question because it varies so much depending on the situation and club your dealing with. E.g we got pick 54 for Butler which is unders but then there’s examples of team getting overs. E.g Collingwood got pick 19 for Wellingham which became Grundy.
I think Gold Coasts second rounder this year is fair given the uncertainty of the draft and less players will probably be taken. If they aren’t prepared to give us a fair pick that we’d use this year then we look at a player or a future pick.
2nd rnd sounds fair enough.
I,ve mentioned it before but maybe with the list size cuts maybe we should target their future 2nd and not this years.
Prefer we keep this years list intact as much as possible.

The person saying that would be the only one in the room after 30 seconds

Gotta start somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the H/S.

Tiger71 fmd this is exactly what you have stated. Maybe you should start a new career?

Hey Tom Green

Feel like coming to a club in contention? Do you want to come to a club with a long history? How about if that history included a member of your family? How about if that family member was your grandfather? And what if your grandfather was not just a player but a legend of said club?
You know you want it.View attachment 962343

P.S. your welcome to bring some friends with you 😏
Is that DIMMA ....

My gut feel tells me just because Broad hasn't played the last few weeks..bar a game, that people don't think we can get a good pick for him, or much in return.

This is ridiculous. He would be a walk up start in any other team in defence and his experience would be very noticeable. Broad is a dual premiership player and started this year in career best form.

The only positive for us, is that we have great depth. But is this a reason why we shouldn't accept what he is actually worth for something mediocre..once again? Like Butler/Ellis (or even Lloyd).

Houli will likely retire next year, if not this year, and what if one or two of Short/Baker/grimes/astbury/balta go down? Broad is above another VFL player stepping in like Garthwaite.

I’d just make broady happy and give him the extra year. Not a fan of breaking up a back six/seven when it’s in its prime

Like T71 said, we'd be asking for a player in return, not a pick.

He mentioned Jeremy Sharp being the one we want.

Makes sense for them to give up kids as well.

They have enough and need to start getting competitive by bringing in some mid 20s guys ready to go.
They have 52 players on their list this year. If the list cuts impact them the same as everyone else, then they'll have to let some go for sure.

I’d just make broady happy and give him the extra year. Not a fan of breaking up a back six/seven when it’s in its prime
Agreed if he’s happy to stay- can never have enough depth.

But if he doesn’t play finals, Rance returns and of course Balta’s development he might see the writing on the wall.

Agreed if he’s happy to stay- can never have enough depth.

But if he doesn’t play finals, Rance returns and of course Balta’s development he might see the writing on the wall.

Can’t see tross coming back TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back