Autopsy Rd 18 Blues go down fighting in Simmo's farewell game

Who gave their all in Simmo's farewell game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

well fought in the end. we had already handed back the momentum through some shonky defensive turnovers before some of that umpiring. don't know that we would have won without the gift goals, but it's a nice thought.

on to next year. need some more talent across almost all lines.

Thanks to Simmo and Kreu, absolute legends and really sad they're not going round again.

On another note i don't know what everyone else watched, that was a shite performance, we only stayed somewhat close thanks to heavy rain and Brisbanes poor kicking for goal. A dry deck and we lost that by 50. We've got a lot of work to do this off season.

Don't worry mate the toy throwers will still say it was a failed year because we weren't in the 8, despite the lions and saints winning less games in their 5th year
Mate why is witherden not getting a run at lions Injured or omitted

Mate why is witherden not getting a run at lions Injured or omitted

It's mainly because their back six are incredibly strong. They're preferring to run Rich (tonight makes it obvious why) Birchall (better in the air and has experience and veteran smarts) Ah-Chee (breaks lines, tackles hard and is the second coming of J. McGovern according to his play tonight) and Starcevich (not as good disposal-wise but bigger body and better 1-on-1 defender). Still a strong player, but they have other players who offer points of difference to their backline which is worth losing Witherden's elite disposal.

There is a perception every time we run out with Murphy as one of our leaders that we are not fair dinkum.

There is a reality every time we run out with Murphy as one of our leaders that we are not fair dinkum.

It is the one disheartening thing about looking forward to next year.

This will sit fairly and squarely with Teague.
It is incomprehensible that he will rubber stamp the unacceptably embarrassing conditional contest avoiding football that Murphy now consistently serves up.
The opposition know it and rate Carlton accordingly.
What example/message does Teague’s condoning of this standard send to our younger players who he rightfully demands more of.
If Carlton exists too carry individuals to personal milestones over building a team capable of competing for premierships, the drought will continue unabated ...

Err, possibly they said they didn’t want to be chaired off? These lads aren’t big on fanfare, it’s quite obvious once you meet them or talk to others who have played with them or know them well.
Simmo got chaired off in his 300th. I think this was a more important occasion than that. Just get 2 players to go to him and put him on there shoulders.

It at least shows our supporters and the footy world that there was at least an effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we were pretty good, just beaten by a side that is better then us. It was an improvement on the last couple of weeks imo.
Harry hitting the scoreboard again helps this side so much and long may it continue.
thank god we have Walsh in this side.
to be honest though it’s probably a good thing the season is over, not much is really happening for us. Treading water abit.

Wild to think we're equal 4th for qtrs won this year alongside Richmond and St Kilda and only behind Lions, Cats and Port.

Now just to learn how to stem the flow when things aren't going our way and to be smarter when kicking forward.
Stopping these run ons has to be our #1 priority over the off season.

Don't think i've seen it mentioned yet, but

10 Goals 1 Behind. For 61 points.

Good goal kicking.......Carlton.......really.....is the tide turning or was it a fluke. Good goalkicking is about good clear thinking, which comes from feeling more accustomed.

A positive....maybe.

61 points would have won a lot of games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not game enough to watch that again, but I didn't see what you did.
I'll take your word for it but I still think there's a good player there with the heart and drive we demand.
Not worried about the other 'potential delistees'.
But the game I saw Pols did a fair bit right.
Won't be a gun.
Will be an asset to the club.

Interestingly I've noticed the last 2 games he's played hes started up around half back with SPS deeper in the pocket. Both games has been moved to Sammos man about 5 mins in.

Kruez and simmo, 2 of my favorites, well done gents, true blues men
Thought we played well except that one quarter which has been an issue most of the year, fix that and we win 2 or 3 more games and play finals
We not there yet but i dont think we are far off
Walsh, we are very lucky to have him, martin is a player, cracks in hard love it, mackay is going to be very speacial and cant wait to see him along side charlie, exciting times, hope cripps can be rebuilt the poor bugger, looks very sore
Hold ya heads up blue boys we are building something

Well.. Lappin can't how do you expect me to?

Come on, enlighten us on how that's even remotely relevant to disproving we weren't in too top heavy...

Have a look at Lappin first point, then the tackle numbers

Think it speaks for itself

Being tall hasn't hurt us in other games, what has hurt us all year is our one paced game style and by extension our footskills

Have a look at Lappin first point, then the tackle numbers

Think it speaks for itself

Being tall hasn't hurt us in other games, what has hurt us all year is our one paced game style and by extension our footskills

You're too much of a stats man. They never tell the whole story.

Our tackle numbers don't reflect the quality of our tackles. So many just don't stick.

Tackle numbers don't mean we didn't go in too tall. You're also just in love with tall players. Wanted us to draft Lukosius ahead of Walsh despite all the talented talls we already have... thank Christ we didn't...and yes I know that talls generally take longer but imagine our midfield without Walsh...

The talls are generally prone to struggling more at ground level. That is a fact which is what Lappin's point was - "ball spends more time on the ground than ever before"... think he makes a better point than your tackle numbers stat...

BTW, Levi, McGovern and Pittonet had very little say in your beloved tackle numbers and generally provided fa around the ground...and that's not just last night..

To top that off, TDK had his worst match since he's run out in the Navy Blue. How do explain having 4 talls that gave us nothing last night not being a problem? And don't make the conditions excuse... surely selection panel had a look at the weather report...

BTW I'm certain his first point was directed to players like Murphy...

This is right up there with that Dow was our most defensive runner against GWS stat you pulled out...

Back