Resource 2020 Finals Ticketing thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness to ticketek and the AFL, when SA health has half the stadium capacity (and all cheap standing room tickets) unavailable whilst having to cater for groups of up to 8 with a seat buffer, its not surprising the whole thing is a cluster.

It could just be me, but I feel with borders now open to NSW as well, an additional 5,000-10,000 people in an open air stadium isn't as much of a risk anymore.
The whole thing is a cluster* with ticketek even when the entire Oval is available.

Logic says that if you select cat 1, highest priced, that you get the best available. I did and ended up with a decent seat, but it's bloody annoying to find out that I could have done better. Ah well, I guess we'll be prepared next time. Just grateful to be able to go.
^This.

My seats are ok, but certainly far from best available. Being behind the goals makes it really hard to see footy at the other end. I would've taken many of the bays on either wing before the seats I've been given.

Nah its typical Ticketek AFL finals fu** up.

In prime spots at AO they allocate 1 aisle Ports, 1 aisle Geelong, 1 aisle Ports, 1 aisle Geelong
Pretty sure in 2014 when I was buying tickets they were allocating entire bays. And the AFL had gone and allocated basically the prime middle of the centre wing bays to Richmond. I had my membership and a mate's Tigers one. With his membership tickets were awesome seats on the wing, while I kept getting allocated back rows in the pockets in the Riverbank stadium.

Logic says that if you select cat 1, highest priced, that you get the best available. I did and ended up with a decent seat, but it's bloody annoying to find out that I could have done better. Ah well, I guess we'll be prepared next time. Just grateful to be able to go.
The AFL Finals' ticketing system certainly defies logic.

Its always a challenge trying to get a larger group together. I find the most frustrating part is not being able to choose your bay. Fair enough if its full, but being randomly allocated is annoying.

Anyway, i just hit the skids when @ 904 it said trying to even get two tickets in cat 1 was not possible due to the category being exhausted. I ended up getting 5 together in section 321 - which i ended up accepting. Would rather have been on a wing, but thats good enough.

Pretty sure in 2014 when I was buying tickets they were allocating entire bays. And the AFL had gone and allocated basically the prime middle of the centre wing bays to Richmond. I had my membership and a mate's Tigers one. With his membership tickets were awesome seats on the wing, while I kept getting allocated back rows in the pockets in the Riverbank stadium.

Yep I remember that. I couldn't get tickets in my usual bay and on game day it was full of Richmond supporters. Wound up around a few bays to the southern end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair that is how it always happens at finals, including at the MCG.

The same thing happened at SANFL finals at Footy Park when crowds were at capacity.
True, the AFL respects venue membership areas can't be sold to the public, but it pisses you off when most grounds only cover one wing with venue membership areas and the MCG have 2 and if we go there our fans get behnd goals, and pocket type seating, yet oppo fans can sit on the wings, no problem.

Unlike Footy Park members area, the SMA members area can be taken up by the public.

It's technically not our home game. We "earn" a final in our home state, but it's the AFL's game, and they can screw with ticket allocations in whatever way they like.

By offering them to away fans who can't come.

I ended up on the hill due to the cluster f*** of ticketek and it's crap system and website.

It was still a glorious day :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back