List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that what is their current pick 33 is the most likely deal unless we can package something up to get one of their first-round picks.

Higgo + pick 25 for pick 16 could work. We should be doing anything we can to get another first rounder.

Higgo + pick 25 for pick 16 could work. We should be doing anything we can to get another first rounder.

Places Higgins at a value of around pick 48. Would rather keep 25 and take 33 and try and ship them to clubs that need pick relief.

Places Higgins at a value of around pick 48. Would rather keep 25 and take 33 and try and ship them to clubs that need pick relief.

Could possibly do a bit better but given his age and the fact we'd probably only keep him for another year, it would be a good result imo. Also keeping in mind we'd be getting picks for Brown and Polec.

How can Geelong keep doing this and stay in the salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How can Geelong keep doing this and stay in the salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Other deals like jobs for wives, marketing and sponsorship opportunities etc. All outside Cap if discreet.

Pies do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a blip on the radar for Crouch. He hasn't got a bad boy image. He'll apologise, say it's out of character, yada, yada.

The story will get lost in the finals and by free agency time in 5 weeks all will be forgiven.

Clubs won't care. They'll say the right things to the media and fans, but in the end the opportunity to grab a big name for nothing will overule everthing.

Clubs won't care. They'll say the right things to the media and fans, but in the end the opportunity to grab a big name for nothing will overule everthing.

Totally disagree. My guess is that there was a ~20% chance he netted Adelaide pick 2, now there'd be less than 5%.

The potential that he could do it again will limit any contract he gets to no more than 3 years and I think it'll affect his payment.

Clubs are reluctant to take on behavioural risk that may ruin the reputation of the club and upset sponsors etc. Yes it's the only issue in his career but it's still a pretty significant error of judgement on his behalf and one that will be enough to affect how keen clubs are on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back