News Crouch & Stengle Caught with Illicit Substance

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked with some drug at a festival or two. Cocaine in Australia is about 20 percent purity, you are literally sniffing oanadil and washing powder. Only idiots touch cocaine in this country. You probably get higher from her perfume when you sniff cocaine off her stomach..
Which is why we need a for profit industry with standardised amounts like booze.

I get it's more dangerous, but people are doing it, let's get those tax dollars

Or start with shrooms and LSD which are apparently safer

Seeing a lot of comments here saying "well it's no big deal, who cares about drugs" and that is valid. But not many people are actually saying that's the issue

Being so incompetent that you get busted for drug possession as a public figure is the issue here.
I maintain its a big deal. It's yet another issue that tarnishes the club and again brings into question player and club culture. The fact the players were selfish enough to be out in public with drugs at this time in the clubs history unfortunately speaks volumes.

Yes I understand a fair few players do drugs. I'm not naive. But its the blatant choice of being out in public and placing themselves at risk.

I'm really also annoyed at people on here so willing to write this off as no big deal yet those same people tore strips of club leadership and how the culture is crap and its all Burton, Roo and Chapman's fault for everything. At what point do players need to take responsibility for their own role in club culture?

I don't know about anyone else, I'm fed up with seeing the club in the news.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is happening on Hindley at 5am on a Monday morning?? I am past it these days, I get to 1am and I cannot keep my eyes opened!
The homeless bugger off to McDonald's to spend thier earnings for the Night begging. The cops will be looking for someone to pick on because they're bored. The strippers will be calling cabs as the rich finally leave. Cleaners will be arriving, kitchen hands will be sorting out the rubbish in alleys, chefs for the breaky trade in alleys getting thier last nicotine hit for awhile. Shift change for the 7 elevens..

Hungry Jack's will be full of girls who don't want to go home without penis. McDonald's full of stupid people and KFC the lonely but not desperate.

And you'll have footballers off thier head on abit of coke mixed with mostly washing powder..

Once upon a time you'd find Tony modra in an alley behind crazy horse. No cLorhes, drunk and women with big smiles on thier faces

Im actually more filthy on Stengle that Crouch.

I believe Crouch is gone, so there is no obligation to us what he has done. Sure he might still be a Crows players, but Im pretty sure before Monday both he and the Club knew that he played his last game.

Stengle needs a kick in the head, not literally. I cannot believe the stupidity demonstrated here, he should be on his last chance here and told he will be sacked for any future indiscretion.
It's all about trust moving forward with Stengle. Do we trust him not to transgress again? Considering in less than 8 months he placed himself in legal trouble twice, I'm really not sure.

Deciding to trust a player or not is a really massive call when we have the best access to the draft we ever had.

Which is why we need a for profit industry with standardised amounts like booze.

The gov run the drugs anyway..

That's a conversation nobody wants to have.

Gov allows critical ingredients in meth, to be openly sold by pharmaceuticals, in bulk..
And then makes sure the police target back yarders, because they hate competition.

I maintain its a big deal. It's yet another issue that tarnishes the club and again brings into question player and club culture. The fact the players were selfish enough to be out in public with drugs at this time in the clubs history unfortunately speaks volumes.

Yes I understand a fair few players do drugs. I'm not naive. But its the blatant choice of being out in public and placing themselves at risk.

I'm really also annoyed at people on here so willing to write this off as no big deal yet those same people tore strips of club leadership and how the culture is crap and its all Burton, Roo and Chapman's fault for everything. At what point do players need to take responsibility for their own role in club culture?

Tarnishing the club's image and all that is the real issue. The actual taking of drugs is not, no one cares if 20 year olds take drugs

I’m wanting to know more about Jack Watts retirement.

BigFooty 101. Put out a cryptic post that you know something everyone else doesn't, then claim that you can't/shouldn't post what you know.

I’m sure Nicks is ropeable right now, and this is just a guess on my part, but I reckon he might use this to be the making of Stengle.

Nicks is big on building the relationship- based culture. Stengle is clearly now on his last chance - surround him with enough love and it could be a very powerful motivator. I don’t think Nicks will just cut him loose.

Crouch is a different matter because of the trade situation plus more senior player. Not sure how that will play out

Good post. The club has made a lot of steps in the right direction this year. Then these *******s drag us right back down.

BigFooty 101. Put out a cryptic post that you know something everyone else doesn't, then claim that you can't/shouldn't post what you know.

Any truth to the rumour that Jack was the taxi driver??

I’m not saying he was, I’m not saying he wasn’t. Clearly there are things we don’t know. Or maybe I know them but can’t say.

Who can say?? I don’t know.

But it raises the question, and every question has an answer.

If only we knew what it was.

We may never know. How do I know that?? I can’t say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northern Territory already running the supply component control for booze. It makes so much more sense to legalise and control it. Anti drugs people point at secondary supply as if to say if you can't stop that then just leave all the profits and quality control with the bikies and organised crime. That has worked a treat so far.

it doesn't tarnish the club.

The homeless bugger off to McDonald's to spend thier earnings for the Night begging. The cops will be looking for someone to pick on because they're bored. The strippers will be calling cabs as the rich finally leave. Cleaners will be arriving, kitchen hands will be sorting out the rubbish in alleys, chefs for the breaky trade in alleys getting thier last nicotine hit for awhile. Shift change for the 7 elevens..

Hungry Jack's will be full of girls who don't want to go home without penis. McDonald's full of stupid people and KFC the lonely but not desperate.

And you'll have footballers off thier head on abit of coke mixed with mostly washing powder..

Once upon a time you'd find Tony modra in an alley behind crazy horse. No cLorhes, drunk and women with big smiles on thier faces

Damn, that's what I've been doing wrong all these years!

Instead of going to the Hindley St nightclubs I should have been hanging out there offering a "Big Jack".

It really sounds like we only have a token interest in keeping Brad
I don't get that at all from those statements, to me it sounds like we're keen to keep him unless he can get a deal elsewhere that results in a better outcome for the club. It will be interesting where that line gets drawn though

We are?

We'll come down like a ton of bricks on these guys
Yep.

Age wont let you perform on the field any more? That's fine.
Get sanctioned for draft tampering. No biggie.
Let a mind camp scandal run in the media for two years. Whatever.
Go from grand final to bottom in a couple of years. That's footy.

But, we will not tolerate off field shenanigans from players in any way, shape or form.

Maybe. I guess it was a pretty bad look last year when he shopped himself around and then when he got no interest to then state he wanted to stay.
He got interest, that's why he wanted to test the waters.

We weren't interested. Sliding doors moment perhaps ??

Thats not what he said at all, he just said that they would have to deal with this first as this is higher priority, but that they would be meeting with brad again soon
Probably with a big smile on our faces that says.

"Well Brad, you might have ****ed yourself now, so heres a 3 year deal for 400K"

Maybe. I guess it was a pretty bad look last year when he shopped himself around and then when he got no interest to then state he wanted to stay.
He didn't shop himself around. His manager tested the market as there was interest, and was using that as a bargaining tool for a pay rise with his next contract. Brad has been very consistent about wanting to stay. We can't blame him for trying to get a bigger pay rise, everyone does that in any job. Covid and this incident might have cost him a lot of $$$ though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back