Jenkins Narkle and Constable for Essendon mid 2nd rd pick

Jenkins gives Bombers a reliable 2nd forward and bridging forward
Narkle can play mid/fwd
Constable gives them another in and under Mid

Jenkins Narkle and Constable for Essendon mid 2nd rd pick

Jenkins gives Bombers a reliable 2nd forward and bridging forward
Narkle can play mid/fwd
Constable gives them another in and under Mid
You have a very interesting definition of "hypothetical".

Possibly left field but more hypothetical than anything.

Daniher and Saad wanting out of Essendon and Essendon wanting first rounders for them from Brisbane and Carlton. Would something like this work*?

*all picks pre compensation and bidding.

Carlton trade out 7+45 and 2021 3rd to Brisbane for 16+17 and 2021 2nd (Thoughts here Brisbane are the buyers for a top 10 pick will have to pay a little more and I can't see any other top 10 pick team trading, maybe Freo maybe Adelaide if {big if} they get 2 [would think 8 could be moved for two in the teens] but Carlton may purely to piss Essendon off on the Saad trade)

Carlton trade out 16+Bris 2021 2nd (maybe their own but I settled with Brisbane's) to Essendon for Saad.

Brisbane trade out 7 to Essendon for Daniher+ 42. (later pick swaps as well possibly).

But this would leave:
Carlton in: Saad, 17
Carlton out: 7, 45, 2021 3rd.

Brisbane in: Daniher, 42, 45 and Carlton 2021 3rd.
Brisbane out: 16, 17, 2021 2nd.

Essendon in: 7, 16 and Brisbane 2021 2nd.
Essendon out: Saad, Daniher, 42

Assuming Caldwell would nominate Nth over the Saints and GWS match the Cameron FA offer.

Ben Brown and Norths second to GWS
Cameron to Cats
Caldwell and Geelongs pick 9 to North

Seems a win win win if all agreed.

Assuming Caldwell would nominate Nth over the Saints and GWS match the Cameron FA offer.

Ben Brown to GWS
Cameron to Cats
Caldwell and Geelongs pick 9 to North

Seems a win win win if all agreed. Maybe an extra 2nd in there going to GWS somewhere
LOL

So GWS basically get Ben Brown for Jeremy Cameron and Jye Caldwell?

GWS getting bent over and reamed with no lube there.

Try again.

Cameron is worth 2 possibly 3 of Geelong's 1st rounders without even bringing the Roos into the discussion

LOL

Try again.

Cameron is worth 2 possibly 3 of Geelong's 1st rounders without even bringing the Roos into the discussion
Why don't you make it six first rounders while you're at it ?

LOL

Try again.

If GWS want another year or two as contenders before their door may close they need another key forward. Brown has kicked just as many goals between 16-19 and excluding this season as Cameron.

North’s second is almost equal to the cats last first rounder. So essentially an equal goal kicking player swap to help them hopefully reach a premiership before it’s too late. Brown will help them achieve that more than draft picks right now

If GWS want another year or two as contenders before their door may close they need another key forward. Brown has kicked just as many goals between 16-19 and excluding this season as Cameron.

North’s second is almost equal to the cats last first rounder. So essentially an equal goal kicking player swap to help them hopefully reach a premiership before it’s too late. Brown will help them achieve that more than draft picks right now
And what of Caldwell?

You are in Disneyland if you think GWS are giving up Cameron and Caldwell for Ben Brown and a 2nd round pick.

And what of Caldwell?

You are in Disneyland if you think GWS are giving up Cameron and Caldwell for Ben Brown and a 2nd round pick.

I guess that’s why it’s called the Hypothetical trade thread and all depends on how much weight the Giants might put into getting a gun forward as a direct replacement over draft picks

Possibly left field but more hypothetical than anything.

Daniher and Saad wanting out of Essendon and Essendon wanting first rounders for them from Brisbane and Carlton. Would something like this work*?

*all picks pre compensation and bidding.

Carlton trade out 7+45 and 2021 3rd to Brisbane for 16+17 and 2021 2nd (Thoughts here Brisbane are the buyers for a top 10 pick will have to pay a little more and I can't see any other top 10 pick team trading, maybe Freo maybe Adelaide if {big if} they get 2 [would think 8 could be moved for two in the teens] but Carlton may purely to piss Essendon off on the Saad trade)

Carlton trade out 16+Bris 2021 2nd (maybe their own but I settled with Brisbane's) to Essendon for Saad.

Brisbane trade out 7 to Essendon for Daniher+ 42. (later pick swaps as well possibly).

But this would leave:
Carlton in: Saad, 17
Carlton out: 7, 45, 2021 3rd.

Brisbane in: Daniher, 42, 45 and Carlton 2021 3rd.
Brisbane out: 16, 17, 2021 2nd.

Essendon in: 7, 16 and Brisbane 2021 2nd.
Essendon out: Saad, Daniher, 42

#16 is more than enough for Saad, no need for Carlton to throw in a 2nd as well

And what of Caldwell?

Personally, I like the trade. Let's get it done.

Adel In: Fantasia, Pick 6 (Dons), Future 3rd round (Dogs)
Adel Out: Pick 2

WBD In: Pick 2 (Crows)
WBD Out: Dunkley, Future 3rd

Ess In: Dunkley
Ess Out: Pick 6, Fantasia

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dogs get Logan McDonald and JUH. JUH also moves from a pick 2 big at best to a pick 3 bid at best

Dons recruit his brother Kyle Dunkley along with his brother accepting to come to the club on money and midfield minutes

Everyone's happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs get Logan McDonald and JUH. JUH also moves from a pick 2 big at best to a pick 3 bid at best

Dons recruit his brother Kyle Dunkley along with his brother accepting to come to the club on money and midfield minutes

Everyone's happy
What’s in it for Adelaide?

#16 is more than enough for Saad, no need for Carlton to throw in a 2nd as well
In the big scheme of things it’s your future third and you keep your future second.

I’m aware 16 is probably enough but if you gave up Brisbane’s future second I don’t think you should be to upset by it.

Everyone's happy
If we're losing Dunkley, we shouldn't have to add the future 3rd to get Pick 2. Also can't imagine we'd want 2 key forwards from the same draft unless we shipped Bruce/Schache off or moved Naughton back.

Can't imagine Adelaide goes for that deal either tbh. Only really works for Essendon

If we're losing Dunkley, we shouldn't have to add the future 3rd to get Pick 2. Also can't imagine we'd want 2 key forwards from the same draft unless we shipped Bruce/Schache off or moved Naughton back.

Can't imagine Adelaide goes for that deal either tbh. Only really works for Essendon

Dogs have options as you've stated yourself
3 tall forwards
Naughton can go back
Tall kids take time
Bruce not doing alot

Pick 6 potentiallh passing up on guys like Cerra, Rozee, Bailey Smith, Max King, Serong types from the last 2-3 years

Dogs have options as you've stated yourself
3 tall forwards
Naughton can go back
Tall kids take time
Bruce not doing alot

Pick 6 potentiallh passing up on guys like Cerra, Rozee, Bailey Smith, Max King, Serong types from the last 2-3 years
We're in a position that we want to compete soon. We can't rely on two 18 year old KPFs if we want to be serious in finals. I'd rather keep Dunkley

Even if he wasn’t I’m pretty sure you could grab him without having to move pick 2 to 6.
I would think you are absolutely correct.

To be honest I’m falling in the basket we won’t be getting pick two as compo so it won’t be happening anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back