yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
OK, play nice.
Put a trade idea in here, but if those reading it don't like it, play the ball, not the man & counter, rather than attack.

Here goes:

3 way trade involving Freo, Carlton & the Dees.

Freo give first pick 2020 + Andrew Brayshaw away and receive Paddy Cripps.
Melbourne give Angus Brayshaw away and receive Freo's first pick.
Carlton give Paddy Cripps away and receive Angus & Andrew Brayshaw.

Reasoning: Angus is the Joel Selwood of the Brayshaws' in my opinion, in that he is by far the most talented of the brothers. I know my Freo brethren think I undervalue Andrew & I agree with them to an extent, but that is something I'll get to with them. For mine, Angus is quality, but is going nowhere with the Dees & needs a change of scenery. Ergo Melbourne could afford to let him go & getting a first round draft pick would excite, particularly after trading out theirs last year.
Freo would be getting a bona fide star, I mean Cripps is in the best 5 players in the comp in my opinion, but he is struggling a bit this year. Pair him with Fyfe & you have the 2 best clearance beasts in the comp. What's not to like about that? Sure, there are WA key position talents available in the first round, but if you could get Cripps & Fyfe in the same team. That is the stuff of USA Dream Team quality midfield going on!
OK, the hard sell is Carlton. Why give away their best player, young captain, superstar? Isn't he a free agent soon? He doesn't strike me as someone who would do the dirty on a club & if this weren't to go through, he could become Carlton's greatest ever captain, sorry Big Nick, or is it Sticks? OK, let's look at this year. The Blues have gotten better, but their main man has not been as good as last year???? So that means the rest of the team is taking up the slack. Now replace that one superstar with 2 best 22 mids who get the ball as much as him, generally speaking.

I don't know.

I wear purple shaded glasses of course.

I'd like to hear counter offers, or even better an acceptance from supporters of each team.

Our first rounder + 3 of our spuds for Bontempelli.
Massive over pay. 2nd rounder + 2 spuds + no name young kid that all Brisbane fans on BF are positive will be a star despite not getting a kick in the seconds should do it.

I think I'm understanding this thread. Shaun atley (a 200 game veteran with line breaking pace) and Mason wood (potential superstar??) for Matt Rowell, the inexperienced Injury ridden young man with only a few games under his belt.

Dont forget to mention Rowell is homesick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ely Smith? Seems the type Essendon needs, and isn't getting games yet for Brisbane

Honestly wouldnt be surprised, he doesnt look likely to get a game any time soon...But then his worth wouldnt be much in a trade. Delisted pick up, id suspect.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised, he doesnt look likely to get a game any time soon...But then his worth wouldnt be much in a trade. Delisted pick up, id suspect.
Can't imagine Draper is actually worth that much more which is why I suggested Smith. Although it's Dodoro, so for all we know he'd be asking for a 1st rounder or something stupid

Can't imagine Draper is actually worth that much more which is why I suggested Smith. Although it's Dodoro, so for all we know he'd be asking for a 1st rounder or something stupid

We definitely need to snare a good Ruck, Draper was a tongue in cheek suggestion as per the thread title...but I wouldnt say no to someone like him requesting a move!

Before this week I would have said someone like Witherden maybe...Or Matho is stuck behind guys like Lyon and CEY at the moment, he wouldnt be a terrible addition to your midfield/forward.

Has anyone offered 3 spuds to a developing team for an early 2nd/late first? Big body, protect the kids etc.
There was a Carlton/GWS trade that is near enough. GWS gave up Plowman, Sumner, Lamb and Philips for pick 28 and later picks. 3 of them were spuds but Plowman has become a good player for Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back