List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t trade sav

If I was wells I’d say:

Precedent set at danger RFA trade.

But Cameron is older coming off a worse year.

Won’t be playing with pies so no threat of going elsewhere.

He has given 10 years of great service you should not get in his way and We suggest you take pick 9 as compo

but given we understand how hard it is losing gun players (Ablett, Kelly), we feel it’s right to offer something slightly better than pick 9, but not full value

That offer is either:

1) pick 11 and pick 18
2) pick 11 + 33 + one of Constable/narkle for Cameron + 46

However if you don’t accept, you will need to take the risk of getting nothing. The risk we will engineer it a different way and potentially up his contract so you cannot match

You have until the first day of FA to decide. If you don’t accept we may just up his contract a little and you can’t match and you’re left with just pick 9 and egg on your face.

You won’t be getting better

I think between the clubs the discussions will beprofessional and not acrimonious but tactically what you suggest is a real possible outcome.

Brian Cook and I quote "Jeremy will be nominating for Free Agency on the 30th of October and we will not be making any comment until then. We have other things to concentrate on"

Could not be more blunt and wasn't in the mood to be chatting about it. All he said is that the board signed off on the multi year deal which is the usual governance position. He also sits on the list management decision team.

Brian Cook and I quote "Jeremy will be nominating for Free Agency on the 30th of October and we will not be making any comment until then. We have other things to concentrate on"

Could not be more blunt and wasn't in the mood to be chatting about it. All he said is that the board signed off on the multi year deal which is the usual governance position. He also sits on the list management decision team.

I like this. Shuts down the talk since we have other things to focus on this week.
But also sounds like we believe we can get him as a FA. Nothing like the Dangerfield situation then.

He has been very blunt lately. Wasn't afraid to say we were chasing Cameron and to be honest probably already knew by that stage that he wanted to join.

I like. If they actually want to match, force them to do so and become the first team to officially withhold a free agent from leaving.

Thats a really sh*t comment!!!
I may have worded that very very badly! I meant he wAs the complete opposite he is nothing like their midfield. Poor use of words.

I like it. Sounds like Cooky's pissed that GWS are creating all this controversy during our Grand Final week prep.

Given that they released details surrounding Cameron's departure and not us, it's probably really rubbed us the wrong way and we're basically saying 'shut the f*ck up and stop being so unprofessional about all this'

That is not an accurate reflection of his value in games. He is often our leading midfield tackler; at the same time je is outstanding getting through traffic with ball in hand. And he is only 22.

This is a deliberately provocative move by GWS. Don't feed it ...
My bad, Completely stuffed up the wording. If he was at GWS he would be their only two way runner I meant to say but I’m a dumb ass.

I like it. Sounds like Cooky's pissed that GWS are creating all this controversy during our Grand Final week prep.

Given that they released details surrounding Cameron's departure and not us, it's probably really rubbed us the wrong way and we're basically saying 'shut the f*ck up and stop being so unprofessional about all this'

To be fair though, Brian Cook said a few days ago that Geelong were really into JC. I don't know why he would have said that (part of a strategy to demonstrate to JC that we were deadly serious?) and of course GWS had to respond publicly to their supporters. I don't think GWS can be blamed for reacting as they have.

Cats play off in a Grand Final in 3 days. Jeremy Cameron nominates Cats. Hawks finish bottom 4 and have offered Kyle Hartigan a 3 year contract. It’s a great time to be a cats fan.

Cats play off in a Grand Final in 3 days. Jeremy Cameron nominates Cats. Hawks finish bottom 4 and have offered Kyle Hartigan a 3 year contract. It’s a great time to be a cats fan.

Throw in 3 first-round picks into the mix too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair though, Brian Cook said a few days ago that Geelong were really into JC. I don't know why he would have said that (part of a strategy to demonstrate to JC that we were deadly serious?) and of course GWS had to respond publicly to their supporters. I don't think GWS can be blamed for reacting as they have.

I think he was talking and let that sort of slip out because of him talking to WA radio station...

Pure_Ownage

PO....can you explain to me why GWS gets Pick 9 as compo for Cameron, but the Crows get Pick 2 as compo for Crouch, when the money difference is hardly mega.....I am missing something here....

Pure_Ownage

PO....can you explain to me why GWS gets Pick 9 as compo for Cameron, but the Crows get Pick 2 as compo for Crouch, when the money difference is hardly mega.....I am missing something here....

Because the pick band is tied so the clubs get the pick after wherr their first pick would have been based on ladder position.crows 1 gws 8.

Pure_Ownage

Bands 2+4 are end of round (1st and 2nd rounds respectively)
Bands 1+3+5 are given straight after that clubs pick before traded, tied to ladder position (1st/2nd/3rd rounds respectively)

So crows finish 18th, have pick 1, get pick 2.

GWS finish 10th, have pick 9, get pick 10.

Of course it would be, a young bloke like Parfitt, just recently signed a new deal, happy at Geelong, playing good footy and has just helped us into a Grand Final, now he’s seeing his name thrown up as going to GWS.

I really do wish the announcement Cameron wants to come to Geelong was done after this weekend.
The other side of it is that Parfitt would be quite impressed at himself that he's an actual recruiting target. As would Esava and Sam Simpson. When you see demand, you know that you're not actually too bad. So they'd actually have a bit more confidence going into the final that they are pretty decent players.

One thing I find very weird is GWS suggesting contracted players off Geelong's list - such as Parfitt. That's akin to forced trading.

You would suggest players who are out of contract, as they have a choice in the matter and may be seduced by a different club. If a player is contracted, that would suggest that they want to stay at their club.

In a roundabout way, it would be like Daniher nominating Brisbane and EFC requesting Neale in return.

Or distilling it further, it could be simply Geelong tomorrow requesting GWS trade Conoglio or Kelly for our top 2 picks, as if they were cattle. Their response would be - "Why would be trade players who have signed with us and who want to stay with us?"

Back