Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higgo is 21 everyone remember that
That’s true but the club has to be honest with players. If they fall out of favour or drop back a little in the pecking order then be up front about it. Careers can be over in the blink of an eye.

A tap on the shoulder in a way is the best thing for Jack or any player gives them the opportunity to seek other opportunities and get somewhere that’s a better fit

It sure does help to be quick though. The game plan revolves around speed.

He's worked in there before but it's clear even when he's been fit this year he's not in the best 22 and others have gone past him

How he's come back from the brain injury is the big unknown I suppose but it's going to be a tough 22 to get back into. You don't have long to make it in this game so if clubs are knocking if I were in Jacks position I'd think long and hard about a move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, but injuries happen, and Lambo and Edwards will not be around for ever either. He has not won a premiership with us, we need to keep the hunger going, some might have their hunger wane and look for more support for their family later as they age and father time gets closer. Some can taper off when they get older to.

He is a similar age to Bolton, Balta, Baker, Graham the next gen so he is important to the future of our success especially if he kicks on. Rioili is only 23 and Short 24 to

Last edited:
Every year we've let go a decent player who wasn't in our top 22 (lloydy, butler, miles) in order to try and get in a young kid who could be top 22 in future. I never agreed with these decisions at the time, but they all seemed to have worked out for us, so I trust the list management team. They've earnt it.

Dad's army geelong next

I've been having a discussion with a Cats poster on a MB thread on that. He doesn't see the age issue, or assumes that they have avoided gravity for so long it'll always be OK.

They are so close to a bit of bad luck leading to their team imploding it's not funny. A few injuries, like us last year and they are toast. They have about 8 guys at retirement age! They are the oldest AFL team ever! Seriously that's the end of the road time if I've ever seen it.

O'Halloran re-signs.
85e28332ccc872596f5473fa689f9248.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

O'Halloran re-signs.
85e28332ccc872596f5473fa689f9248.jpg

Was always going to happen when Caldwell left they wanted to keep Caldwell so would of upped their $ for this bloke

No harm done stay in contact and try again another time

I've been having a discussion with a Cats poster on a MB thread on that. He doesn't see the age issue, or assumes that they have avoided gravity for so long it'll always be OK.

They are so close to a bit of bad luck leading to their team imploding it's not funny. A few injuries, like us last year and they are toast. They have about 8 guys at retirement age! They are the oldest AFL team ever! Seriously that's the end of the road time if I've ever seen it.

One of the main reasons we defeated them and ran over the top of them apart from extra pressure and Dusty's brillance was they were too old as a collective

Assuming we're not needing to pay him a whole lot more, I hope Higgins stays. I thought he actually played some great footy early in the year. He had a couple quiet games before he was dropped but his intensity and attack on the footy was still great.
2020 was big for everyone, but Higgins had to deal with his return from a year off and playing in a new position, on top of everything else. I reckon he's in line for a big step with some more certainty in 2021.

so none of the mail in here has come through :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gosha said we were into hogan like a month or so back if I remember correct now media are linking us to him

Gosha said we were into hogan like a month or so back if I remember correct now media are linking us to him
i would seriously look at him he is only 25 and jack going to be 33 and we really need a replacement hogan and lynch forward is a potent forward line I reckon I think our culture would turn him around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but injuries happen, and Lambo and Edwards will not be around for ever either. He has not won a premiership with us, we need to keep the hunger going, some might have their hunger wane and look for more support for their family later as they age and father time gets closer. Some can taper off when they get older to.

He is a similar age to Bolton, Balta, Baker, Graham the next gen so he is important to the future of our success especially if he kicks on. Rioili is only 23 and Short 24 to
Need to look at key position players around the 21/22 age bracket
There will be some out there who would benefit from being intergrated in our system

same thing happened at north

This guy usually has very good mail.
Makes sense, they are closer to a flag than what Carlton or Essendon are.

Short memories people
Think of a deal we did with those good folk at ikon park and how well that worked out for us
Even the shallowest digging and due diligence should see this knocked promptly on the head
Just because we have been burned before, doesn't mean that will be the case again.

it half happened the year they missed the finals under scott, then Danger came and they began topping again...
With Gaz, Taylor, Hendo either gone or cooked, and Selwood starting to show signs his style of play is catching up with him...
Hawkins, had an awesome year, but is closer to the end than not...

Jeremy Cameron might cover the cracks for a year , maybe two, but the drop off is near...

Short memories people
Think of a deal we did with those good folk at ikon park and how well that worked out for us
Even the shallowest digging and due diligence should see this knocked promptly on the head
Difference is what we give up... Carlton screwed us big time on that, credit to them...

Dockers want to offload him, and potentially pay some of his wage... provided we are only locked into 1 year to begin with, this is a much better scenario for us, and a relatively free swing.

I'd want us to have a speicifc reason we thought Hogan could work out for us when he's not done so at Freo, and not just a blind belief that our culture will win out.

I will also say that on the outside the guy seems like a bad character, but in reality it's rarely about people being good or bad types. He has had a hell of a lot to deal with in the past, and was already struggling before having to deal with 2020, which had cut down many who were coming from a stronger foundation than he was. Although he's running out of excuses, it doesn't mean he's a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back