List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will we ever find out anything about his salary?

Jon Ralph saying $2.5mil over 3 years. For a base salary that seems a bit high from the original rumors

Will we ever find out anything about his salary?

Jon Ralph saying $2.5mil over 3 years. For a base salary that seems a bit high from the original rumors
One will probably be base salary, not counting any incentives.

One will be assuming all incentives are met.

The result will probably be in the middle.

I think Stef gets pushed out. I get the sense the club are waiting for the AFL to announce list size reductions. That way Stef becomes the victim of decisions outside the club’s control.

McStay deep. Joe the prime target and part time ruck. Hippy playing the long roaming Riewoldt CHF role.

Yeah fwiw I’ve heard that the club has already made the call not to offer Stef a contract.

This is from a friend of a friend though so I wouldn’t listen to my mail and there’s a minimum 50% chance I’m talking total crap.

One will probably be base salary, not counting any incentives.

One will be assuming all incentives are met.

The result will probably be in the middle.

Plus likely that there are triggers for additional years at a lower $ e.g. year 4 at 600-650. As it isn’t guaranteed it’s not part of the compo formula but would offer us good value if he is fit and firing.

Plus likely that there are triggers for additional years at a lower $ e.g. year 4 at 600-650. As it isn’t guaranteed it’s not part of the compo formula but would offer us good value if he is fit and firing.
yeah i reckon that would be right. We take the risk and get the benefit of averaging out the cost if we not only get him going, but keep him going into a 4th and 5th year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friendly reminder that we'll have Hipwood, Cameron, Daniher and Rayner up forward. ******* hell.

Imagine the Coleman brothers buzzing around up there too after 2 more years development.

Also, what a blessing it was that Jamie Elliot stayed at Collingwood last year! Let us save our coin to bring in a top tier KPF and subsequently contributed to the Pies absolutely butchering their salary cap.

Welcome to the den Joe.

johnholmes.jpg

Last edited:
On top of old horror hill in a secret AFL laboratory,
Professor Weirdo and Count Kook were in their monstrous glory. working out the Essendon compo

Six drops of the essence of terror, Five drops of sinister sauce,
When the stirring's done may I lick the spoon?
Of course ha ha of course.
Now for the tincture of tenderness, But I must use only a touch,
For without a touch of tenderness, He might destroy me!
(Professor Weirdo, bumped) Whoops too much.
(Prof) "Better hold your breath it's starting to tick:
(Count Kook) Better hold my hand I'm feeling sick -
(Joe) Hello Fages
(Prof) What have I done?
I'm Joe, Your brand new forward !!

Ah yes

a classic

Well done to Noble.
Back on 26 Oct ZoBlitz said to me "If I promise to text Noble with your thoughts, will you stop trying to convince us"
Looks like he did, and Noble listened!
Despite all the protests of how deluded I was, all the gifs, and smart arsed comments deriding my suggestion of a 3yr contract at a higher base rate, that's exactly what has happened.
What a surprise.
It looks like Noble is a lot smarter than the Brisbane supporters on here.

Further proof that many Essendon supporters just can’t grasp the concept of a win-win deal 🤦‍♂️

It is just nuts that this news feels kind of normal and expected.

Imagine telling this board of 2016 that by the end of 2020 we'd have finished 2nd twice, made a prelim, traded in a Brownlow medallist, and now had Joe Daniher joining the club.

There are some days of this Fagan reign that seem better than even the best case scenario you could've hoped for back then. Genuinely had concerns in 2016 that we might never be able to be a successful club again due to a bunch of systemic issues in our club and in the competition. There was a genuine sense of despair and hopelessness, not just surrounding that season or that coach or that playing list but in the actual capacity of this football club to ever be even remotely decent again.

So this is just quite remarkable really. Wonder what's next.

Great player when fit. How we can get help get him fit, whether that’s physically or mentally

I’m having trouble feeling excited about this trade as I’m worried about how bad his body is. Trying to pin my hopes on the lions medical staff getting him up and about and remembering how a number of years ago he carved us up at a game at Docklands amongst the feral bombers supporters. Just not feeling the excitement and love about the trade at the moment. Perhaps post Covid lockdown syndrome and a full moon in Melbourne has got to me this week. Hope I’m proved wrong.

I’m having trouble feeling excited about this trade as I’m worried about how bad his body is. Trying to pin my hopes on the lions medical staff getting him up and about and remembering how a number of years ago he carved us up at a game at Docklands amongst the feral bombers supporters. Just not feeling the excitement and love about the trade at the moment. Perhaps post Covid lockdown syndrome and a full moon in Melbourne has got to me this week. Hope I’m proved wrong.

Don't think of it as a trade, because it wasn't. All it cost was salary cap which we've got plenty of.

Don't you like free stuff? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back