News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club haven’t read the room with the feedback on social media, I would hope Rendell and Tredder’s on 5AA tonight has confirmed how supporters will react to not matching. Maybe they wanted to see how supporters react to either scenario by leaking to Theo to make sure they weren’t pissing us off again?

I wonder who from the club gets wheeled out to face interviews on 5AA, 7 News, etc.

1.png

Im ringing but no one is picking up.

Yes I have a general enquiry. WTF are you doing in handling this Brad Crouch situation.

Tomorrow’s the day. Reckon they’re working out a trade with the AFL stamp which gives us the equivalent of Brads trade value and a little more so Saints get Brad for his trade value less a little bit - that little bit being where the compo comes in. I.e. Saints and Crows split the benefit of pick 28 and trade on normal terms.

I wonder who from the club gets wheeled out to face interviews on 5AA, 7 News, etc.
It'll be Kelly, he seems to do all the talking.

We just aren't used to our footy manager doing that yet.

Exactly.

Selling now, when his value is low, is insanity.

Rolling the dice with the FA possibility was a good strategy - based on part of the strategy being "We'll let him go if it nets us band 1 compo, otherwise, he stays," - as the AFC stated repeatedly.

Take that sentence out of the FA exploration, and it's just ******* stupid.
In all honesty the club should have traded brad last year. The problem was his greedy manager who poorly advised his client on his worth. We could have likely received the sun's future first which would have been pick 5.

In all honesty the club should have traded brad last year. The problem was his greedy manager who poorly advised his client on his worth. We could have likely received the sun's future first which would have been pick 5.
I don't reckon the Suns wanted him at the price he was asking, and nor should they.

Time to get this bloke in..

View attachment 1002465
Brad Crouch no matter what

Email Kelly, the other two are worse than useless.

Emailed as below;

Hi Adam,

I’m a passionate Crows supporter (previously a corporate member) currently living overseas.

I’ve watched the Crows lurch from one absolute disaster to the next over the last few years, with dismay, anger and disappointment.

I was excited with your appointment, and to date, you’ve been a breath of fresh air in what is a stale (and incompetent, unaccountable) management team.

The decision to explore Free Agency with Brad Crouch was a great one – based upon your repeated statements that we would be open to it, provided we received suitable compensation (ie; Band 1).

The fact that we failed to achieve this, and completely misread the situation (yet again), is an absolute disaster, and the only response should have been to instantly match the Saints offer; as the rhetoric from the AFC, and your statements, indicated we would.

St Kilda clearly see us as a weak Club, which can be exploited (and given the last few years and our abysmal list management, who can blame them); surely this is where we draw the line in the sand, match the offer, and retain our B&F Winner at a comparatively low salary. We cannot possibly let him go for such a poor return – and that includes the possibility of trading that compensation pick for a higher pick; this does not change the fact that we would be letting him go for significantly undervalue.

I am hoping you are a key plank in leading the AFC out of the shambolic last few years, and rebuilding the respect and professionalism that our organisation used to have. This is a real line in the sand moment for the AFC, and I believe the overwhelming sentiment from the supporter base is to match this offer and stand our ground. If the Saints call our bluff, we, once again, look weak, disorganised and lacking a clear plan to move forward. This is a fork in the road moment – continue the embarrassing efforts of the last few years, or start to re-establish ourselves; I hope the right decision is made.

I'm a 38 year old lady who loves talking about the footy. I am not some uncouth bitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to get this bloke in..

View attachment 1002465
I raise you.

1HXg.gif

Need to trade Matt now.
I'd be interested to see how much we would be offered on the market. To me he's the more easily replaceable of the brothers yet has had a better career.

Can someone post a link where the Afl has said that we get a band 3 compo. I’ve only seen it in media forms rather than direct from Afl.

Can someone who pays more attention to this shitshow please clarify: if we match we only have to match the base contract, i.e. 4 x 600k, not all their triggers for extra salary and a fifth year.

Is that right?

Yes

And the market has spoken

Why are we rating Brad as elite when the market does not?

Port, Richmond and Geelong all well run clubs with good current list mgt were only prepared to give Brad 3 year terms

St Kikda is the exception however it is a trigger based contract which they can manipulate

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You match it and force a trade.

Email sent.

Went as follows;

Dear Mr Kelly,

You stood up in front of the world a little over a week ago and made the solid claim that if Brad did not net the club pick 2... you and the club would match and either force a trade for a better deal or try and keep brad.

I have two young boys under 6 and do you know what happens when I make a threat to them to take away the ipad, toys, lollies and other privillages they like and then dont follow through on that threat?..

The next time I try and make the same threat it falls on deaf ears.

The rest of the competition is like my two little lads right now.. waiting to see if you follow through on the threat to match.

If you dont, the club will be an absolute laughing stock and never taken seriously at the trade/free agency table again.

Accepting pick Pick 23 for brad is a fail of epic proportions and I am not sure you understand the backlash this will bring from the supporter base.

Do not * this up anymore than you guys in charge at the club already have.

Regards
A concerned Crows supporter.

Bit more reserved than the one I sent Fagan last night...

Email sent.

Went as follows;

Dear Mr Kelly,

You stood up in front of the world a little over a week ago and made the solid claim that if Brad did not net the club pick 2... you and the club would match and either force a trade for a better deal or try and keep brad.

I have two young boys under 6 and do you know what happens when I make a threat to them to take away the ipad, toys, lollies and other privillages they like and then dont follow through on that threat?..

The rest of the competition is like my two little lads right now.. waiting to see if you follow through on the threat to match.

If you dont, the club will be an absolute laughing stock and never taken seriously at the trade/free agency table again.

Accepting pick Pick 23 for brad is a fail of epic proportions and I am not sure you understand the backlash this will bring from the supporter base.

Do not fu** this up anymore than you guys in charge at the club already have.

Regards

The last bit probably sees you get screened.

But I liked it.

Email sent.

Went as follows;

Dear Mr Kelly,

Do not fu** this up anymore than you guys in charge at the club already have.

Regards

:D

Can someone who pays more attention to this shitshow please clarify: if we match we only have to match the base contract, i.e. 4 x 600k, not all their triggers for extra salary and a fifth year.

Is that right?
No, you match the contract.

The FA compensation is the bit that relates to guarenteed money.

If we think we should keep him now, we match.

If we want to force a trade, the trade should happen without matching, and the two clubs divide up the compo pick. Extra pick 23 or whatever in the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back