News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that we haven’t matched or declined to match to this stage because that would mean legally accepting the compo, and therefore negate any legal position to appeal or take things further?
Possible.

It's unbelievable we've dragged this out so long for nothing to have happened either way.

Either we match or we dont, I'd have thought it was simple.

Don't throw out the toys with bathwater too early guys, You do understand that the reason for 3 days is so clubs can appeal the AFL compo decision,

Look at it this way they have not accepted the ruling, at this time,
Seriously, why would you throw that out there when you know there's a 0.0% chance of that being behind the delay?

Not really.the problem with matching and then doing a trade is that the trade needs to pass the sniff test which means that what we give up has to be roughly commensurate with the trade in. It the AFL think we are paying massive unders on the trade to sweeten the compensation then it will be blocked. A trade on the other hand without the matching is simply all about brads worth.
I think you've got that the wrong way around.

If we don't match = collect the compo, and then do a deal with the Saints, one that is weighted in our favour, that is when the "sniff test" applies - it's not "simply about Brad's worth" at that point, it's about the Saints doing us a solid by giving us a favourable trade so we end up with something more than the compo.

didn't stop them gifting GC that priority pick last year that fcuked us and others right up at the top of the draft
They had to try and break the cycle at the Suns, not saying it was right or fair but they had to do something as we had run out of bullets and feet to shoot

Only we could drag this out to a last minute decision where we'll announce a trade with a myriad of pick swaps that we try and sell as a win, when in reality it'll be unders for Brad's value.

Never change AFC.
Again that's entirely possible, but why has it taken so long. We didn't wait that long to get screwed with Danger.

Is it possible that we haven’t matched or declined to match to this stage because that would mean legally accepting the compo, and therefore negate any legal position to appeal or take things further?
Who knows. That's why I haven't been bothered getting carried away with it all, we have no idea what's going on or being attempted in the background.

We'll see.

I think you've got that the wrong way around.

If we don't match = collect the compo, and then do a deal with the Saints, one that is weighted in our favour, that is when the "sniff test" applies - it's not "simply about Brad's worth" at that point, it's about the Saints doing us a solid by giving us a favourable trade so we end up with something more than the compo.
The time for the Saints doing us a solid was in structuring Brad's contract to give us band 1. They deliberately didn't do it, whilst making it more than likely they will have to pay him the full amount with easy triggers.

if we don’t match, we’re pantless

Suspect is not wearing pants!

Hearing Mitch Cleary on that radio saying other clubs arced up because they didn't want is to get pick 2 and AFL house know it wasn't good for North Melbourne, sums up everything. This delaying in matching shouldn't be whether we are wanting to match or not, but that we are arguing to the death with the AFL legally over it.

Burn it all down

We are clearly waiting for something.... trades no double in play elsewhere to see if another club puts their hand up.

This is an ‘IF / THEN / ELSE’ type scenario that wouldn’t not take too long to structure

Get Damien Barrett onto it, he knows all about if / then

Just letting you guys we've found a missing child over here on the Saints board. Goes by the name of Volbeat. If one of you wants to come and pick him up by close of business that'd be great. Said his dad has a beard, goes by the name of Sanders. I think he might be joking.

Keep him.

I had sneaky mail this morning that we were going to accept 23 and Saints had gotten cold feet, so he’d be homeless, we‘ll find out soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking along the same lines. The legal team has advised the crows not to match or decline. Otherwise we think that the offer is not one that is in the best interest of the club and matching is not the best interest either, so dragging it out as a protest.

I'm gonna enjoy hearing why we've taken so long

"We explored all options to try and get the best deal for our football club, but in the end made the decision to accept the compensation offered by the AFL. We thank Brad for his service at the AFC, and now look ahead to the draft period with the strongest hand the club has ever had".

"We explored all options to try and get the best deal for our football club, but in the end made the decision to accept the compensation offered by the AFL. We thank Brad for his service at the AFC, and now look ahead to the draft period with the strongest hand the club has ever had".
Yup can see that coming too.

Bloody hell - how thick is Barrett. What a totally unprofessional journalist he is. SOS & MR are having to explain things to him as if he's a child!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back