News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we'd finished 9th, the narrative would have been wildly different and the AFL wouldn't have manipulated things behind the scenes to avoid us getting pick 2. It would have been pick 10* (12 or whatever after other compensation picks) and we'd be done.

I'm extremely angry and pissed off that we're being punished even more for being the worst team in the competition this year, and also that the club didn't get on the front foot to emphasise that it is Band N compensation, not a specific pick. That they also allowed a terrible offer to get submitted it also pretty damning.

I think it would be the other way around. We have until the deadline to match. If we don't, his contract with the Saints becomes official.
Ok thanks. The fact that we are so close and there has been no info leaked in the media makes me think we aren't going to announce anything before the deadline. So if that's the case then looks like we are just accepting the compo pick. We normally start getting little bits of info come out in the few hours leading up to an announcement during this time of year.

Nice to hear Barret went back to the 'ol reliable of bringing the camp up as why Crouch wants out.
These idiots can't even call it as it is that he is chasing the best coin he can get. He wants out as we rightly aren't offering him the deal he wanted. End of. Nothing to do with the camp. Give it a rest Barrett.

Jesse Hogan traded for pick 54 is pretty wild, shows how far he has fallen
Likely still on pretty good coin. Shows you how much Freo wanted him out.

It’s band 1 and it’s pick 2 . That is what it realistically was and is for us and it wasn’t going to happen . You’re making a seperate point which I agree with , it should be reported differently in media
And I'm confident if we'd finished 8th we wouldn't have had the clubs and the AFL media bum boys screaming and we'd be getting the pick after our 1st...the system stinks as does outside interference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Mitch Cleary on that radio saying other clubs arced up because they didn't want is to get pick 2 and AFL house know it wasn't good for North Melbourne, sums up everything. This delaying in matching shouldn't be whether we are wanting to match or not, but that we are arguing to the death with the AFL legally over it.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hearing Mitch Cleary on that radio saying other clubs arced up because they didn't want is to get pick 2 and AFL house know it wasn't good for North Melbourne, sums up everything. This delaying in matching shouldn't be whether we are wanting to match or not, but that we are arguing to the death with the AFL legally over it.

didn't stop them gifting GC that priority pick last year that fcuked us and others right up at the top of the draft

And I'm confident if we'd finished 8th we wouldn't have had the clubs and the AFL media bum boys screaming and we'd be getting the pick after our 1st...the system stinks as does outside interference.
This time ....I don’t thinks it’s a conspiracy , I think that Brad lost alot of value thru the year thru various reasons and unfort that has been the difference

as a club of course you’d make his contract a bit more incentive based given his injury and professionalism questions , the crows themselves had the same questions

if you go thru my post history of last few months on this I found it surprising that so many people thought we’d get band 1 or pick 2 or whatever you want to call it

Wha? Collusion and manipulation in this competition for a desired outcome? Gtfo.

If that's what happened then it confirms the complete and utter corruption of the league. And the worst thing is, apart from Crows fans on BF, no one will really care.

So the other teams weren't worried about Essendon getting pick 7 for Daniher? If they were worried about North Melbourne give us pick 3. The disgusting part is that Brad will end up getting paid 800k per year and us getting pick 23 for it. What a joke of a 'competition.'

If that's what happened then it confirms the complete and utter corruption of the league. And the worst thing is, apart from Crows fans on BF, no one will really care.
Could you imagine if that happened to Collingwood - what do you think Eddie would be doing?..I wish we had a guy like him at our help that has no truck in going after whoever is attacking his club

It makes zero sense to not match and then still trade with St Kilda. Pick 23 disappears in that scenario which is worth having on the table to dissect in a wash up deal.
Not really.the problem with matching and then doing a trade is that the trade needs to pass the sniff test which means that what we give up has to be roughly commensurate with the trade in. It the AFL think we are paying massive unders on the trade to sweeten the compensation then it will be blocked. A trade on the other hand without the matching is simply all about brads worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back