You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather dogs. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.
I’ll also renew my membership but I’m still disgusted at the club. Fans are right to be angry, it’s a disgraceful mess.

I’ll also renew my membership but I’m still disgusted at the club. Fans are right to be angry, it’s a disgraceful mess.

No problem with people being angry but not renewing memberships is a disgrace.

Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.
images (38).jpeg

Some people will be moved by yesterday's events to not renew their memberships. While my decision to renew would never be solely based on something like player movement, I can understand the frustration.

Instead of telling people that they ought to be ashamed, I think that you should try a bit more empathy.

People are genuinely and reasonably upset by the dump of players for so little in return. Others like me are perturbed by the treatment of a good player and person such as Adam Treloar, who has himself shown considerable passion for our club.

So while a minority might not renew, others are venting, and I think it is fair enough. Good players are being moved on while a lackluster football department remains unscathed, under a President who has been in the throne for nearly a quarter-century.

The unwashed are getting restless.

I'm renewing.

I want to retain my reserved seat + I'm looking forward to the next AGM meeting where hopefully the members can voice their displeasure on the current set of events.

I don't blame a single person who doesn't want to renew. Yesterday broke a lot of people.

Some people will be moved by yesterday's events to not renew their memberships. While my decision to renew would never be solely based on something like player movement, I can understand the frustration.

Instead of telling people that they ought to be ashamed, I think that you should try a bit more empathy.

People are genuinely and reasonably upset by the dump of players for so little in return. Others like me are perturbed by the treatment of a good player and person such as Adam Treloar, who has himself shown considerable passion for our club.

So while a minority might not renew, others are venting, and I think it is fair enough. Good players are being moved on while a lackluster football department remains unscathed, under a President who has been in the throne for nearly a quarter-century.

The unwashed are getting restless.
Even the washed are getting restless.

Your post is a disgrace!!
How dare you judge what other people feel.
How dare you think you are the judge of who should be a supporter.
How dare you even think you are holier than thou.
How dare you tell Collingwood supporters to f.. off.
How dare you tell them they are not supporters.
WTF do you think you are calling people dogs?
You are the disgrace!!

No problem with people being angry but not renewing memberships is a disgrace.

It’ll renew. But those not renewing are probably doing to so to highlight that what has transpired over the past few years is the real disgrace.

Disgraceful things to have occurred under the current regime include:

The moronic treatment of Neil Balme to bring in Grubby Allen - who probably had a hand in white anting our club for some unknown reason. This, IMO, has cost us a better culture and probably a premiership

Bringing in guys like Beams, Wells, Mayne and even Trelaor.... Beams showed his true colours after leaving us the first time.
Wells was too old and as we saw his body was broken. Mayne has been serviceable but paid way too much.
Treloar wasn’t worth 2 forst rounders nor the figures the media scum are throwing around.

We constantly have the most injuries or are amongst the most frequently injured team in the league.

We seem to have to pay a premium in dealing for trades withother clubs. Treloar, Phillips, Stevenson and witts are all good examples of this. Going out of coming in, or as we’ve seen even keeping our own. We pay our players like they’re A graders when they’re way off that mark. At least this week goes some way to rectifying that and hopefully setting a nee trend.

We have well fallen behind the likes of hawthorn, Geelong and Richmond. I’m most aspects. And membership numbers aren’t growing and will take a hit.

To be honest I don’t really see what we stand for as a club any more.

I’m hoping this 2 week period is the genesis of a new age at collingwood. Because other than a few moments we can’t seem to build anything truly dominant. Apart from 10-11 we haven’t been a powerhouse for a long time.

Maybe we should all increase our memberships and sponsorships and really tell the club how happy we are with how things are going. Maybe we can convince Eddie bucks and Ned Guy to get lifetime appointments despite their failures? They are bigger than the club after all and we must support them.

Also the points in your post are so utterly stupid it's almost a waste of time dissecting them. People aren't upset that players left, it's that we once again got humiliated on the trade table and brought nothing in. You should be ashamed of yourself turning on fellow supporters like a rabid dog when they are the ones actually helping the club in the long term. The club Needs to know we are furious and won't accept incompetence. One day you will understand that.

The utter lack of consistency of many of these 'people' is mind numbing. I've been around this board since before our last flag and I've watched several members closely - first with amazement, then with annoyance before finally treating their posts with utter contempt.
But don't put it all on the posters mate, this site is a shadow of what it was before the last flag. Posters are now allowed insane latitude and they know it, this in turn has attracted the worst element and encouraged a toxic culture.
There are more than a few here that aren't supporters a-holes and would have been thrashed senseless at the old Vic Park outer.
But that is modern living for you with the self entitled deferred to by one and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respectfully disagree

The utter lack of consistency of many of these 'people' is mind numbing. I've been around this board since before our last flag and I've watched several members closely - first with amazement, then with annoyance before finally treating their posts with utter contempt.
But don't put it all on the posters mate, this site is a shadow of what it was before the last flag. Posters are now allowed insane latitude and they know it, this in turn has attracted the worst element and encouraged a toxic culture.
There are more than a few here that aren't supporters a-holes and would have been thrashed senseless at the old Vic Park outer.
But that is modern living for you with the self entitled deferred to by one and all.

Jonmac weren't you the one constantly belittling other supporters telling them how dumb they were for believing media reports which are all lies and bullshit?

But weren't the media and fans completely correct and you've been utterly wrong this whole time? But yeah keep believing you know more than anyone else if it helps you sleep sunshine.

Sounds like you got thrashed senseless. Lighten up mate.

I’m thinking of buying additional memberships. To help make up the shortfall. :oops:

A lot of hysteria on here in the last few days. Yes, it feels like a poor return for the players out. But my Cats supporting husband thought we did well out of the Treloar trade. Lovely guy, loyal and true, but probably the most ineffective ‘elite’ midfielder going around.

I want a flag, and this may be the turn towards that.

I have written to the club asking for a postponement on payment while I assess my options.
This includes an AFL membership at half the price ex a joining fee vs my Legends membership.

I have progressively become restless with the way the club is run.
I think the best way to voice my opinion and make it count is to reduce the money they receive from me.
I intend to attend games and support the team on game day but with less money directed from me to the club as I do.
It will cost me a reserve seat, which I have enjoyed using, but I think it is time to take a stand.

But I don't get an option to vote Ed out because there is no standing option to do so.
There is a hubris in the way the Club is acting

- If the AFL can cut prices by 30% to reflect the loss of games attended in 2020, then I think Collingwood can do something similar, even if not of the same magnitude. There was poor messaging and transparency about the options to reduce fees in 2020 and, despite having large cash reserves courtesy of the pokies sale, the club maintains elevated membership prices despite having a mandated reduction in the costs to run the club. This is a member-owned not for profit, so those savings from a cut in salary and soft caps should be passed through in my opinion.

- Bucks treatment of departing players has been poor and I am surprised frankly. Make hard decisions, but do it the right way. Communicate and do so honestly, which he has failed to do with both Treloar and Stephenson. I hope he makes similar calls on one or two of his assistants if it is line in the sand time.

- Ed's approach is severely outdated. No term on his tenure, slags off other clubs who we need to trade players with, intervenes in list management, tries to get players to serve his needs as a media performer. The Mayne/Wells and Beams deals have his finger prints all over them and have come back to bite us.

He needs to be made accountable and the only way I think we can do that at present is to do so by not renewing memberships.

Last edited:
Calling people a disgrace because they don’t wanna fork out their hard earned cash in support of a club administration that has been terrible.

They still love Collingwood; just not the current group of campaigners running the business.

This thread is far worse because you’re attacking other supporters. I’ll take some of their melts any day over this holier than-thou-bullshit.

Grow up.

Are you also a Trump supporter?

I guess you are exactly the kind of person Eddie and his crew need. No matter how badly we mess up, they will still love us due to the black and white.

I love Collingwood. This trade period has been a disgrace to our proud history.

I do agree about people in the Gameday threads non stop bagging the s**t out of Treloars disposal. I would know I was in those Gameday threads and they were toxic af and have been getting worse by the year. Stopped going in them. Was just people bagging the s**t out of our own players.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of buying additional memberships. To help make up the shortfall. :oops:

A lot of hysteria on here in the last few days. Yes, it feels like a poor return for the players out. But my Cats supporting husband thought we did well out of the Treloar trade. Lovely guy, loyal and true, but probably the most ineffective ‘elite’ midfielder going around.

I want a flag, and this may be the turn towards that.

Did your husband (or do you) realise we literally got nothing back in return for Treloar? Pick 14 was obtained in a pick swap that was heavily in the Bulldogs favour (to the tune of 562 DVI points) and the future 2nd is mostly cancelled out by the difference. You need to look beyond the bullshit that Guy and Walsh have spun in the past 24 hours re: "acquiring picks".

That's not even mentioning that we now have zero collateral to match a bid for Reef if it comes where we hope it might and thus we have to find some additional 2020 picks again by diluting one of our first round picks or bringing back that extra future second round pick.

I understand wanting to put a positive spin on things and all, but at least have some awareness of what actually happened. We screwed ourselves really, really hard on that trade and basically gave Treloar away for nothing, while potentially still paying a significant portion of his salary for the next 5 years.

Did your husband (or do you) realise we literally got nothing back in return for Treloar? Pick 14 was obtained in a pick swap that was heavily in the Bulldogs favour (to the tune of 562 DVI points) and the future 2nd is mostly cancelled out by the difference. You need to look beyond the bullshit that Guy and Walsh have spun in the past 24 hours re: "acquiring picks".

That's not even mentioning that we now have zero collateral to match a bid for Reef if it comes where we hope it might and thus we have to find some additional 2020 picks again by diluting one of our first round picks or bringing back that extra future second round pick.

I understand wanting to put a positive spin on things and all, but at least have some awareness of what actually happened. We screwed ourselves really, really hard on that trade and basically gave Treloar away for nothing, while potentially still paying a significant portion of his salary for the next 5 years.

I know we got screwed in the trade. By a lot. But I also dont think that much of Treloar as a footballer. Its all relative.

The poor trade negotiation is down to the club and our (apparent) poor cap and contract management. There's poor management across the board at Collingwood. I'm not denying it. But I support getting rid of Treloar and his ridiculous salary. Its the start of fixing some of our problems. We still have a long way to go with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back