Prediction Who should we take with pick 2?

Who do you want at pick 2?

• Riley Thilthorpe

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Elijah Hollands

Votes: 111 45.7%
  • Logan McDonald

Votes: 86 35.4%
  • Will Phillips

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Denver Grainger-Barras

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hollands for mine.
Has the most star power and we need a star!
As opposed to a solid 200 game servant.
The knee is a thing but you gotta roll the dice imo. You don’t risk you dont get.
Seems a guy who can bust a game open and will drag us out of the fire with goals from midfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On draft night, don't think Adelaide bid on JUH.
So, after pick 1 (Thilithorpe is what people are saying) bid on JUH, then wait for the offers to come in.
I think we will get great offers - and for me there are only two I would consider.
6.7 and dons 2021 first
5, 27, and GC 2021 first

I want an extra first in 2021 - must be demanded before we consider anything.

Another consideration is splitting 11, for two picks in the teens (pies, GWS)
I think with GWS we can get a fair bit for 11 (13 and 15?), as I don't think they take that many picks to the draft.

Hollands is my first pick, - one touch, elite skills. ...how many of this type have North had over the past 15 years?

Goldie leaves a big hole, if there's iGoldie 12 Pro Max available, upgrading tank, hands, forward craft, disposal, then maybe another decade of ruck dominance is absolutely worth going for? (i snuck the first vote in for RT :cool:)

Not too sure on McDonald and DGB. I guess i'm leaning more towards midfield/centre square needs over bookends.

Phillips would the perfect cunnington underling. There was nothing left to give in the death riding thread, and i fear that's where drafting Phillips was won and lost.

Would love to use Adam Sandler's "Click" controller, and fast forward 13 months and have Horne on board, combined with picks 2 & 11 this year then put this rebuild talk to bed good and proper.

Having pick 2 has this board top 5 focused. Time to take a look at *'s draft thread and see who they have coming in the next tier just in case this talk of trading 2 eventuates.
Goldy leaves a hole; but not a critical one.

Any of the listed would be fantastic options. I share the same concerns over McDonald as some others, so I am leaning towards Hollands with the crows taking the local boy. Judging by the sheer hype that the club is pumping into Comben indicates to me that we aren’t super concerned with our KPF stocks, and we are happy to use later picks based on needs, which is a KPF (pick 11), a small lockdown defender and another small forward.

Really cannot go wrong here. I rather we didn’t trade out pick two as this is our one opportunity to nail really elite talent.

We need top shelf superstar talent on our list asap. We need a matchwinner, a Judd, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield etc not project KP/Ruck types that take a few years to develop fully. I’d kill for another Matt Rowell.

I've avoided looking at highlights of draftees for a few years now. Purely because everyone's highlights are good.....it's hard to pick apart which kids are the best.

But with pick 2 at our disposal......it would seem to be down to a few players with that pick.

Hollands is the one I'd go with.

McDonald is good for our needs but Hollands looks like the sorta player that will impact games. His speed and confidence to go on either foot will cause problems for opposition zones and he'll bring his teammates in the game.

Based on Luffy and Claytons comments were taking Hollands or McDonald. If Adelaide don’t choose one of them best available suggests we’ll go McDonald.

Hollands could realistically slip to 3 and Sydney will take him and Campbell. Amazing.

Hawks will regret belting the Suns in the last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Phillips to me seems like the "safest" pick of the lot - but I doubt we see him at pick 2.

But Hollands could be absolutely anything - high risk/high reward.

McDonald fills a need with Brown gone - I know there are big wraps on Comben - but he has been battling through injuries.

Adelaide to hopefully make our decision a bit easier..

All this downgrading talk absolutely shits me. We’ve been having mid first round picks for years. But special players are taken with elite picks - we’ve hardly ever had those. In fact not since Wells.

To trade it given the evenness of picks 5 onwards, would be basically saying give us two good players instead of 1 great one. That’s not how we build a premiership.

Will Phillips to me seems like the "safest" pick of the lot - but I doubt we see him at pick 2.

But Hollands could be absolutely anything - high risk/high reward.

McDonald fills a need with Brown gone - I know there are big wraps on Comben - but he has been battling through injuries.

Adelaide to hopefully make our decision a bit easier..
The club constantly praising Comben to insane levels indicates to me that we aren’t as worried about our kpf stocks as some. We may very well go with Hollands.

We need midfielders.

What talls live up to the draft pick? Franklin yes but Watts, Gumbleton, Hansen, Patton, Jesse "I'm having a dry spell" Hogan?

McDonald has additional risk with the go home factor, so what mid would we get at 11 for those choosing him?

Not adverse to trading 2 if we get multi first rounders 2020 and 2021.

We need the type of drafts that the Hawthorn and Geelong dynasties were originally built on.

All they have done since is cherry pick talent in the competition once they became a destination club.

I bet we trade out of pick 2..... can see it now....actually bookmark it...

I think you are right, they wanted 5 picks, or so they said last night, I still think the better option is to burn next years round 1 pick, we ain't gonna be this bad two years in a row, we ain't Carlton or St Kilda.

next years first for 5 and GC's 2021 2nd

We need top shelf superstar talent on our list asap. We need a matchwinner, a Judd, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield etc not project KP/Ruck types that take a few years to develop fully. I’d kill for another Matt Rowell.

His name is Will Phillips. He will be there to be selected at pick 2.

On draft night, don't think Adelaide bid on JUH.
So, after pick 1 (Thilithorpe is what people are saying) bid on JUH, then wait for the offers to come in.
I think we will get great offers - and for me there are only two I would consider.
6.7 and dons 2021 first
5, 27, and GC 2021 first

I want an extra first in 2021 - must be demanded before we consider anything.

Another consideration is splitting 11, for two picks in the teens (pies, GWS)
I think with GWS we can get a fair bit for 11 (13 and 15?), as I don't think they take that many picks to the draft.
Agree that the above 2 scenarios look the best to us and we need another first next year.

I would make * go a bit further though

They hand over 6,7,8 and their 2021 first rounder FOR our 2 and 11 and a future 3rd.

The key to the * deal is that Dodo won't be able to negotiate - it will be during live trading and it will be Brady saying to him...take it or leave it now...I have GC on hold on the other line...

All this downgrading talk absolutely shits me. We’ve been having mid first round picks for years. But special players are taken with elite picks - we’ve hardly ever had those. In fact not since Wells.

To trade it given the evenness of picks 5 onwards, would be basically saying give us two good players instead of 1 great one. That’s not how we build a premiership.

I agree and am very opposed to trading it.

I think the only way it makes sense is if we get a top 5 pick in 2020 and 2021 out of it.

Back