Universal Love Harry Taylor calls time on his career

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLIDING DOORS
Does Geelong recruit young Harry if M.Egan does not bust his foot?
No Mal probably not.

Stick to the mystery mids please.

GO Catters

I can't remember if it was his first or second game, but he looked immediately, very good. I remember a pre-season game in about 2012 or 13 when he played on Taylor Walker who was getting a reputation as the next Buddy. Harry utterly demolished him, using Tex as a step ladder several times. Probably the best CHB I think I've seen with the Cats...although Egan had a great couple of seasons.

Great servant of the club and tremendous defender for us since being drafted. How fortunate we were and what a great selection it was that after losing Egan we were able to replace him with a ready-made player from the stage leagues who could immediately come into a top side and hold his own. In only his second year he put in a herculean effort keeping a prime-form Nick Riewoldt at bay in a tight grand final, and in the early 2010s, as others retired off, developed into an elite key back and made that end of the field his to command. As the last remnant of our premiership defence, his retirement signals the end of an era. Even post-flags he and Lonergan were key pillars of a highly reliable, consistent defensive unit.

Right time for him to go. He was just too slow at the end. Going to miss him, though. The current KPDs just don't inspire the same level of confidence, but you have to give them the chance to evolve. We have been quite spoiled with quality big defenders in recent years.

Great servant of the club and tremendous defender for us since being drafted. How fortunate we were and what a great selection it was that after losing Egan we were able to replace him with a ready-made player from the stage leagues who could immediately come into a top side and hold his own. In only his second year he put in a herculean effort keeping a prime-form Nick Riewoldt at bay in a tight grand final, and in the early 2010s, as others retired off, developed into an elite key back and made that end of the field his to command. As the last remnant of our premiership defence, his retirement signals the end of an era. Even post-flags he and Lonergan were key pillars of a highly reliable, consistent defensive unit.

Right time for him to go. He was just too slow at the end. Going to miss him, though. The current KPDs just don't inspire the same level of confidence, but you have to give them the chance to evolve. We have been quite spoiled with quality big defenders in recent years.

Good timing on the retirement. I thought he did well to extract what he did this year. Played on some quality forwards right from the start - Franklin, Brown, Pavlich, Clok and Riewoldt just to name a few.

We dont know that.
true.. but its fair to assume that Wells would not have been looking for a Matty Egan replacement had he been healthy.

GO Catters

true.. but its fair to assume that Wells would not have been looking for a Matty Egan replacement had he been healthy.

GO Catters
Taylor was not just an egan replacement though. Also quite capable as a foward. Plus we needed a harley replacement too. in the end taylor was more a harley replacement and lonergan ended up being the egan replacement.

Harry may finally be heading back West - only took him to retire from the top level & his former team to approach him...

And good luck to Jansen in his VC role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back