BBL BBL Match 32 Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Stars at Metricon Stadium 2120 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

loooooooooool

Larkin is definitely a decent bat, if he had the power hitting he probably could have gotten Stars over the line, but I stand by my comment that he's just not a T20 batsman. Would be better off with some Grade cricket apprentice boiler-maker who can brute force the ball into the second tier. Same goes for guys like Dunk and Gotch.
They don't exist

This chick needs to lose a few pounds :oops:

That’s 3 wins on the trot against the Big 3.

I hate to be that person fellow Heat fans but is it to early to start discussing finals?

I'm happy about the win but I'm disappointed we didn't win by more. Clearly the better team. I wanted to see the stars NRR take a massive hit.

I'd be worried about the stars making the top 5 from here. You could only say that they are better then their Melbourne Rivals. But other then that every team has their measure. And I don't really rate the canes or the strikers.

whatever happens in these DLS revised target matches in BBL, you kinda feel sorry for whichever team loses.

(as a neutral of course)

the DLS is a disgrace, both teams need to bat the same conditions. How the stars get more runs to chase than heat actually got is ridiculous and then to not get 4 of their 10 overs as the heat did with power play is just crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How old is Craig Simmons? Surely he can't be up to much these days!
He was listed for WA. He didn't play many FC games and he did get a contract based on grade cricket form, but he wasn't a complete nobody.

I'm happy about the win but I'm disappointed we didn't win by more. Clearly the better team. I wanted to see the stars NRR take a massive hit.

I'd be worried about the stars making the top 5 from here. You could only say that they are better then their Melbourne Rivals. But other then that every team has their measure. And I don't really rate the canes or the strikers.

They beat the Canes and should beat the Scorchers when we finally get to play them in about the last game...

Talk up a ruined season by rain, screwed by rain and DL twice against bottom teams

the DLS is a disgrace, both teams need to bat the same conditions. How the stars get more runs to chase than heat actually got is ridiculous and then to not get 4 of their 10 overs as the heat did with power play is just crazy.

Once it rains you can't do this. The DLS isn't perfect but it is the next best thing we've got. I think it works well enough for 50 over games, but the algorithm for T20s needs a bit of work. I don't know how to solve it.

But if a team were pacing themselves for a 17 overs game and it gets reduced to only 10 it means they were robbed of 7 overs. If they knew they would only get 10 overs they would have thrown the bat and scored a few more. But the thing is, did they look at the radar and know more rain was coming, in which case the rain delay was not unexpected but gambled upon.

I don't know what the answer is to make a genuine fooproof system. Not allow teams a rain radar perhaps??

That’s 3 wins on the trot against the Big 3.

I hate to be that person fellow Heat fans but is it to early to start discussing finals?

Only one more ‘away’ game in QLD left to make the most of it before coming to a real state and playing on real grounds.

You got smashed by the Stars in a 20 over game this season! It’s funny to think the Heat will play 4 games in Melbourne and none against the Stars.

Once it rains you can't do this. The DLS isn't perfect but it is the next best thing we've got. I think it works well enough for 50 over games, but the algorithm for T20s needs a bit of work. I don't know how to solve it.

But if a team were pacing themselves for a 17 overs game and it gets reduced to only 10 it means they were robbed of 7 overs. If they knew they would only get 10 overs they would have thrown the bat and scored a few more. But the thing is, did they look at the radar and know more rain was coming, in which case the rain delay was not unexpected but gambled upon.

I don't know what the answer is to make a genuine fooproof system. Not allow teams a rain radar perhaps??

But power plays overs make a big difference. Heat had one quiet over but 2 good and 1 superb over. Then they get extra credit for facing less overs than their original target. So they’ve gained a lot and lose nothing because Stars are now facing an extremely tough chase.

Raufs only over with field back goes for 5, he bowls both overs after a 2 over power play and Heat don’t get away and probably make less than 100.

Fletcher is a dud. Expect Cricket Victoria to transfer him over to The Renegades next year so they can get the Stars another international player. We can't have an under performing player for mommies little darlings.

Fletcher is a dud. Expect Cricket Victoria to transfer him over to The Renegades next year so they can get the Stars another international player. We can't have an under performing player for mommies little darlings.

If there’s no bubbles hopefully we can get Bairstow back. At least then he can be in the country if needed without being in the test squad

Only one more ‘away’ game in QLD left to make the most of it before coming to a real state and playing on real grounds.

You got smashed by the Stars in a 20 over game this season! It’s funny to think the Heat will play 4 games in Melbourne and none against the Stars.

We have never been a home town flat track team. If you look throughout our history, most seasons we fare better away from home. I’m actually pretty sure our record against Melbourne based teams is better down there than up here. I know we always tend to bottle it against the Renegades at home.

You bring up the fact we got smashed by the stars in our opening 20 over game but fail to mention the teams named that day. We were missing Steketee, Mujeeb and Wildermuth who have been our best 3 bowlers. Our next best bowler has probably been Gregory who also wasn’t in that game because we had pie chucked Dan Lawrence there. You also had NCN and Hussain who will play no further part of BBL10. Batting wise you didn’t have Pooran then but we also had no Burns, Bazley or Denly either that day who will be in the side for the remainder of the season. Oh and did you forget to mention out XI contained the likes of Simon ******* Milenko, Jack Wood, Tom ‘Has Been’ Cooper, Ben ‘Has Been’ Laughlin and Matthew Kuhnemann? We fielded a pub team.

All that aside, that was also the only game we haven’t been competitive in and was also our weakest possible team we could have fielded. We also choked 3 almost unloseable matches which had we had more composure, we could be 7-1 and top of the ladder. Long way to go now but I know which franchise’s shoes I would rather be in at this point in time out of the 2 teams that played tonight.

But power plays overs make a big difference. Heat had one quiet over but 2 good and 1 superb over. Then they get extra credit for facing less overs than their original target. So they’ve gained a lot and lose nothing because Stars are now facing an extremely tough chase.

Raufs only over with field back goes for 5, he bowls both overs after a 2 over power play and Heat don’t get away and probably make less than 100.

Be that as it may, both teams had advantages and disadvantages in this scenario. Stars get a harder run chase but Heat get robbed of runs when they were originally planning their batting based on a 17 over game.

Some will argue that the Heat probably knew that it was going to rain anyway and that the original 17 over match will shorten again thus favouring us, but I’d counter that by saying that’s smart tactics and your mob were the moronic ones who sent us in. The stars would have been privy to the same weather information and if you knew it was going to rain, why didn’t you bowl Zampa earlier for 3 overs before the game got reduced so you wouldn’t of had to bowl Cartwright?

At the end of the day, I don’t think you will find anyone non bias who will say that the better team didn’t win.

Serves them right and couldn’t of happened to a more deserving franchise.

Their whole MO since inception has been about recruiting high end star power players based on marketability, flair and entertainment value rather than consistency and actual output and it has led to them being one of only 2 teams yet to win the comp.

They’ve always been quick to claim the best of everything in Melbourne as if the BBL in Melbourne only revolves around them and that the Renegades don’t exist. From claiming the Stars moniker, to claiming the MCG as their home ground, to claiming majority of the Melbourne support by marketing being the flashier team, to claiming Shane Warne as a inaugural signing and to having first dibs over the Renegades on international signings whilst the Renegades get the scraps. Yet it was the Renegades that won a title first.

Arguably one of their most successful international players consistency wise was someone on the other end of the spectrum in Luke Wright. But the Stars true to form seemed obsessed with recruiting the shiny new toy as a show of status with the likes of Kevin Pietersen, Dwayne Bravo, Dale Steyn, Andre Fletcher, etc. They’ve started to go away from that a bit since last season but still seem too top heavy and still rely on 2 or 3 players to win them games.

You only have to ask us Heat fans what basing your game plans on that type style leads to success wise? Massive inconsistency, wild form swings and an unreliable line up to get the job done. The Heat are starting to find a better balance finally and have more contributors than in recent time but the Stars still seem to be fixated on they’d rather lose pretty than win ugly. Until they fix those issues they won’t be winning a comp unless someone bottles a final they way they did against the Renegades.

Lol , too funny

The heat rely entirely on Lynn swinging from his ass and getting away with it once in a blue moon.

Flukes the first comp and done * all since.

Also comparing Fletcher to any of those others is hilarious, he was an absolute last minute signing because they lost an international who despite having been dropped over a year ago, suddenly got an unexpected international call up.

So if you seriously want to compare the Stars current crop of internationals to chasing high end talent, well it’s clear you’ve got no clue.

Also I think our KP signing turned out better than Freddie or McCullum!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back