Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From a in/out perspective yeh sorta. We used the Brown collateral to sweeten the Stephenson deal.

Not sorta.

For Stepho and Atu:

The Kangaroos gave up two second-round picks (No.26 and 33) as well as a future fourth-round selection, receiving the two players and pick No.39 in return.

What we got for Brown:

The Kangaroos acquired picks 26, 33 and the Demons’ future 4th round selection (currently tied to the Brisbane Lions) in exchange for Brown, pick 28 and its future 4th rounder.

Out: Brown, 28, future 4th.

In: Stepho, Atu, future 4th

Not sorta.

For Stepho and Atu:

What we got for Brown:

Out: Brown, 28, future 4th.

In: Stepho, Atu, future 4th

Yeh it gets convoluted.

In net terms I view it as:

#28 (+small change) = Stephenson + Atu
Brown = #39

Everything else was just sand passing through our fingers in the paradox of time.

Not disputing your presentation of it, just how I process it as a net result.

Yeh it gets convoluted.

In net terms I view it as:

#28 (+small change) = Stephenson + Atu
Brown = #39

Everything else was just sand passing through our fingers in the paradox of time.

Not disputing your presentation of it, just how I process it as a net result.
When I buy stuff in Aldi then 2 weeks later I see the same s**t being sold on the discount table for half price I double down and buy another one. I then feel like I got 25% off each item.

Now in this situation I am adding in Jed Anderson and Jared Polec so when I look at the total transaction it feels like we got a fair deal.

I am of course going off all those reports that Jed cost us two first rounders and Polly is on at least a million per season which is completely true as far as I know.

Mason Cox rated elite by Champion Data.

I think they should just pack it up and go home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wasn’t that impressed by the bloke’s academic credentials in comparison to his contemporary’s stellar background.
I think Professor Coombes was selected for his life and work experience rather than his 30 year old academic qualifications:
Lindon has worked in Aboriginal Affairs for over 20 years in a range of positions. He is currently an Industry Professor at the Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education & Research at the University of Technology Sydney

Prior to joining UTS, Lindon was a Director at PwC’s Indigenous Consulting (PIC). Lindon has held leadership positions in Indigenous organisations as the CEO of the National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples, a representative body that provides a national voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and was also the CEO of Tranby Aboriginal College in Glebe, the oldest Indigenous education institution in Australia.

He has previously worked in a range of roles in the NSW Government. The last position held there was in the Senior Executive Service as Executive Director of Policy and Research at the NSW Department of Aboriginal Affairs.

I think Professor Coombes was selected for his life and work experience rather than his 30 year old academic qualifications:
I read the same page you did. It was more comparison of the two.

Mason Cox rated elite by Champion Data.

I think they should just pack it up and go home.
He didn't believe it either - tweeted that it must be rated on height.

Good luck to him. But can't see any dramatic happening. Happy to be wrong.
good luck to the saints fans, they gonna need it, one of the most frustrating players to barrack for.

seriousely though he was always a big chance to get picked up if he had a chance to train with a club, he always shined on the training track, it was match day where he was shown up.

Last edited:
I read the same page you did. It was more comparison of the two.
It was a misleading comparison. He wasn't appointed professor of indigenous education and research in 2018 on the back of his 1994 BA. He was appointed because of his 20 odd years experience in senior leadership roles in indigenous communities, government and business. Similarly, I'm sure it was this experience that was valued in his contribution to the report.

It was a misleading comparison. He wasn't appointed professor of indigenous education and research in 2018 on the back of his 1994 BA. He was appointed because of his 20 odd years experience in senior leadership roles in indigenous communities, government and business. Similarly, I'm sure it was this experience that was valued in his contribution to the report.
Yea, I went right out of my way to make a misleading comparison that I posted the direct links to the exact same information that you posted. :rolleyes:

You making a mountain out of a molehill. The comparison was purely that I was more impressed by her record, nothing more. I have already my thoughts clear on the report and the weaknesses of the systemic racism definition.

Yea, I went right out of my way to make a misleading comparison that I posted the direct links to the exact same information that you posted. :rolleyes:

You making a mountain out of a molehill. The comparison was purely that I was more impressed by her record, nothing more.
You may have posted the link but I think it is telling that you chose to focus on the least relevant aspect of the bloke's qualifications. And you certainly presented it as if it laid doubts to his ability to author such a report.
Whereas, I think more relevant would have been to mention his five years working for PWC's Indigenous Consulting, his position as CEO of the Congress of Australia's First Peoples, and various roles in the senior executive service of the NSW public service.
I have already my thoughts clear on the report and the weaknesses of the systemic racism definition.
I couldn't follow your argument there to be honest. You seemed to be conflating systemic racism with unconscious bias. The report also doesn't actually define systemic racism, although it uses the term a few times. It defines "interpersonal racism" and "structural racism". I also don't buy your argument that we should only focus on "overt racism".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back