Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2021 - “2nd comes right after 1st”

Remove this Banner Ad

Common sense prevailed in the end, there was no reason they shouldn’t have been playing GWS in Sydney once the NSW Government’s 5 days of isolation rules were put in place and the AFL got off their arse and sorted out logistics

So only Forth and Gould available to come in to the side if they make a change as they were emergencies last week with Phil confirming the rest of last week’s non-playing list stayed separate. Extra ruck in Gould to ruck with Metcalfe against the extra height of Erin McKinnon from GWS might be one they look at.
Probably back Metcalfe in given she dominated last week.

Probably no reason to change the side then.

Probably back Metcalfe in given she dominated last week.

Probably no reason to change the side then.

McKinnon is 11cm taller then the Eagles ruck, totally different contest for Metcalfe, plus I’d take anyone in over Considine, but that’s just me.

Does anyone know what the story is with Rounds after this weekend? Can't seem to click on fixtures beyond that on the sites I go to (AFLW for starters), so I wonder if they're doing it as they go. I want to buy tickets for our game vs. Richmond at Punt Road, as the Tigers 'sold out' their first game there.

Does anyone know what the story is with Rounds after this weekend? Can't seem to click on fixtures beyond that on the sites I go to (AFLW for starters), so I wonder if they're doing it as they go. I want to buy tickets for our game vs. Richmond at Punt Road, as the Tigers 'sold out' their first game there.

Yeah the AFL wiped the fixture after this week and will now do them a week or two at a time.

Going to be awkward if we get a home game in a fortnight, I’ve already booked flights/accomodation for the originally scheduled Collingwood game.

Yeah the AFL wiped the fixture after this week and will now do them a week or two at a time.

Going to be awkward if we get a home game in a fortnight, I’ve already booked flights/accomodation for the originally scheduled Collingwood game.
Thanks for the info, and sorry about your dilemma. Was looking forward to going to that one too. Hopefully it still happens that night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone seen the video where Erin hypnotised Chelsea and told her she was leaving to play for west coast? Super hilarious but goes to show how passionate and committed Chelsea is to our club.

Injury update today. Chloe Scheer and Rachelle Martin both a chance to be fit for this weekend, if they get through training this week.

Considine will miss 1-2 weeks, Varnhagen is also 1-2 weeks away. No word yet on when Cox will be back.
Scheer and Varnhagen are in the best team if fit, and looking forward to their return. I’m not sure if Cox will be an instant in if fit.

Is there any update on ticket sales for this game? From memory, tickets were set to go on sale at 11AM. I just checked Ticketek's website and they say

"Ticket sales for Round 3 of the NAB AFL Women’s Competition have momentarily been put on hold."

Are they going to become available at 11? At a later time? Not at all?
Got a text from the club
sales delayed due to covid situation

Is there any update on ticket sales for this game? From memory, tickets were set to go on sale at 11AM. I just checked Ticketek's website and they say

"Ticket sales for Round 3 of the NAB AFL Women’s Competition have momentarily been put on hold."

Are they going to become available at 11? At a later time? Not at all?

Yep very last minute - the club had put a post on socials just after 9 advising tickets were about to go on sale, then about 2 hours later the AFL suspended all sales.

I get why you'd suspend sales for the Victorian games, but suspending sales for our match makes zero sense at all.

Yep very last minute - the club had put a post on socials just after 9 advising tickets were about to go on sale, then about 2 hours later the AFL suspended all sales.

I get why you'd suspend sales for the Victorian games, but suspending sales for our match makes zero sense at all.
The AFL wouldnt have wanted people to commit to buying tickets if they had to change the fixture and plans so late due to lockdown.

If you paid $10 for your ticket and then found out 2h later. Sorry, game is moved to Brisbane. Would you be annoyed?

AFL just ensuring everything was set.

However, AFL needs to communicate alot better. That was 2.5 hours of no news. Nothing on the afl app, nothing on the aflw app, nothing on the afc app, no news articles. Nothing on FoxSportsNews.

If it wern't for the 9:45am text from the Crows. I'd have been going wtf is happening.

Need better communication. MUCH better communication.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back