Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Yep. He can't seem to keep his emotions out of this.

Then Bulldogs want us to trade for Dunkley the mid, not Dunkley the undersized and slow KPP.

I never understood the reason for keeping Dunkley.

The acquisition of Martin makes Dunkley's role in the ruck redundant.
The acquisition of Treloar makes his role in the midfield shaky.
The acquisition of JUH makes his role in the forwardline redundant.

I don't think they thought this through.
I'd say we would have happily sold him last year if not for the marra situation. It just made first-rounders utterly useless to us. Most expect him to request a trade again and fair enough. I'd say a good first will get it done now that we can actually use it. Hope we flip him for a good KPB.

I'd say we would have happily sold him last year if not for the marra situation. It just made first-rounders utterly useless to us. Most expect him to request a trade again and fair enough. I'd say a good first will get it done now that we can actually use it. Hope we flip him for a good KPB.
Good first?

Pass.

Good first?

Pass.
Uhhhh okay? Have fun with the lacklustre midfield and bottom table list then. Why grab great young key talls if you won’t put a player perfectly suited for your group into the middle for a price he’s worth? Interesting take. Genuinely curious as to what you now think he’s worth.

Uhhhh okay? Have fun with the lacklustre midfield and bottom table list then. Why grab great young key talls if you won’t put a player perfectly suited for your group into the middle for a price he’s worth? Interesting take. Genuinely curious as to what you now think he’s worth.
Remember you’re on the Essendon board please.

He's not worth a top 5 pick. Which is what we'll have.

Dunkley isn't in the top 25 midfielders in the game. Nobody would hand over a top 5 pick and we certainly shouldn't.

Gee, and us Essendon supporters get continuously accused over rating our players 😐

Collingwood offered their future first as part of a three-way deal for Treloar that would give you guys enough points to match a JUH bid. You'd have a live pick this year in a strong draft so I doubt it was about JUH. They got caught in the optics without thinking about what it means for their list.

Thing is, we've gone for the rebuild path.

If things go the way I think they will for Dunkley, he won't be worth a good first. There's no way Essendon will give a good first (which is likely a top 5 pick) for a player that is barely best 22.

With Zach Merrett likely leaving, we'll take what is likely to be two top 5 picks to the draft. A lot of talented big bodied inside mids available. 2022 first round though is something we'd happily part with considering the Davey twins come.

He's not worth a top 5 pick. Which is what we'll have.

Dunkley isn't in the top 25 midfielders in the game. Nobody would hand over a top 5 pick and we certainly shouldn't.
At no point did I say a top 5 pick. Especially not in the upcoming draft which is loaded.

Collingwood offered their future first as part of a three-way deal for Treloar that would give you guys enough points to match a JUH bid. You'd have a live pick this year in a strong draft so I doubt it was about JUH. They got caught in the optics without thinking about what it means for their list.

Thing is, we've gone for the rebuild path.

If things go the way I think they will for Dunkley, he won't be worth a good first. There's no way Essendon will give a good first (which is likely a top 5 pick) for a player that is barely best 22.

With Zach Merrett likely leaving, we'll take what is likely to be two top 5 picks to the draft. A lot of talented big bodied inside mids available. 2022 first round though is something we'd happily part with considering the Davey twins come.
Yeah from memory that first rounder was also in some concocted deal with trealor to help Ned Guy save face. We’d already offered them something for Treloar so I get why we didn’t dilute that deal with this one.

If you’re in full rebuild mode then fair enough but that wasn’t the message last year was it? I’d say a 24 year old midfield bull would be very handy in a young team regardless also. He will be wasted in our team and I just don’t see him putting his all in which is prob fair. His head is elsewhere.

what’s a good first?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8-12 would be fine now that we can actually use it and have enough time to plan for him leaving.
Equally, it will probably be flipped for a prime time CHB which we’re desperate for so the value of the pick will prob be negligible for us.

I'd probably pay it.

Having said that, this idea that the Dogs 'couldn't use the pick' seems to be a bit of a s**t excuse.

Dogs could've traded it in to next year, traded it for a player - of course they could've used it.

At no point did I say a top 5 pick. Especially not in the upcoming draft which is loaded.
Anything above pick 15 for a midfielder of Dunkleys quality is questionable.

Mitchell went for 14 and he was a much better prospect.

Anything above pick 15 for a midfielder of Dunkleys quality is questionable.

Mitchell went for 14 and he was a much better prospect.

Yeah but he plays for Hawthorne now and thus is shithouse.

Besides, I have a lady boner for Dunkley.

Yeah from memory that first rounder was also in some concocted deal with trealor to help Ned Guy save face. We’d already offered them something for Treloar so I get why we didn’t dilute that deal with this one.

If you’re in full rebuild mode then fair enough but that wasn’t the message last year was it? I’d say a 24 year old midfield bull would be very handy in a young team regardless also. He will be wasted in our team and I just don’t see him putting his all in which is prob fair. His head is elsewhere.
Yeah I'd like Dunkley for sure given he complements our list, but it has to be at the right price. If we're giving away a top 5 pick, then it needs to be someone like Oliver (OOC) who has the runs on the board over Dunkley who had that one patch back in 2019 in his 6 year career. It's too irresponsible for a rebuilding side when this year's draft is stacked with talented inside mids.

If Bulldogs want a good price for a disgruntled player, then they'd hope Beveridge comes to his senses.

I'd probably pay it.

Having said that, this idea that the Dogs 'couldn't use the pick' seems to be a bit of a sh*t excuse.

Dogs could've traded it in to next year, traded it for a player - of course they could've used it.
I think if Dunks had maybe given us more time then yeah we could have but other clubs knew we would have had to flip it and therefore it’s value was diminished pretty substantially. They would have had us over a barrel hence why we held on to him and will now prob sell for one first that’s know the exact value of.

in terms of trading it for a player, that takes so much time. Not all trades are like the Adz Treloar one. They don’t happen overnight. It takes months of courting. Not sure there was a contracted CHB we could have gotten over the line in that time but I get what you’re saying.

What will Merrett net us if he walks?

You'd think that'd be a first - he isn't walking cheap. And if we are as s**t as probably will be - that might end up being a pick in the 5-7 region.

I think if Dunks had maybe given us more time then yeah we could have but other clubs knew we would have had to flip it and therefore it’s value was diminished pretty substantially. They would have had us over a barrel hence why we held on to him and will now prob sell for one first that’s know the exact value of.

in terms of trading it for a player, that takes so much time. Not all trades are like the Adz Treloar one. They don’t happen overnight. It takes months of courting. Not sure there was a contracted CHB we could have gotten over the line in that time but I get what you’re saying.

I'm actually surprised we didn't (well we may have tried) swap one of our triple firsts to Collingwood for theirs next year.

That would've been a tasty carrot to offer the Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back