Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
This is my overarching problem with BigFooty.

Hear me out here...

In the above exchange, our guest here very clearly stated what a hypothetical situation would look like.

In that situation, Dunkley is denied a trade two years running - yep, totally fine, don't have a problem with that - is contracted.

But then, and for his/her sake, if Dunkley 'cracked the shits' - he'd be sent to the 2's in this hypothetical third year.

And I paraphrase, but; 'and the AFLPA could do nothing about it'.

Errr... yeah, they could. The grievance process is literally publicly available in the AFLPA CBA.

Forget they were offered pick 25, if they are treating him differently - ie. his form or fitness is not the reason he's in the twos, he has a gold plated, stone cold, open shut case of workplace bullying - this is not in dispute.

So yes - the AFLPA can, in fact, do something.

This isn't 'agree to disagree'.

This is a person who is factually wrong.

Hear me out here...

In the above exchange, our guest here very clearly stated what a hypothetical situation would look like.

In that situation, Dunkley is denied a trade two years running - yep, totally fine, don't have a problem with that - is contracted.

But then, and for his/her sake, if Dunkley 'cracked the shits' - he'd be sent to the 2's in this hypothetical third year.

Errr... yeah, they could. The grievance process is literally publicly available in the AFLPA CBA.

Forget they were offered pick 25, if they are treating him differently - ie. his form or fitness is not the reason he's in the twos, he has a gold plated, stone cold, open shut case of workplace bullying - this is not in dispute.

You seem to keep ignoring the fact I never said they’d treat him differently. I said if he cracked the shits and insinuated that this would mean he would likely not want to play with the senior team. I’ve tried to explain this several times now but you keep saying the same thing. :)

Anyway, I’ll leave you to it. Again, hopefully dunks plays great this year and falls in love with the club again. If not, hope a great deal is struck for all sides. Have a good one mate.

If he cracked the shits. Quote properly and with context or you’ll look silly! It was right there and I’d literally quoted it for you already.

Sorry, but a club is not gonna be sued because a player decided he wanted to break contract and the club couldn’t facilitate a trade because someone was offering grossly undervalued (pick 25). It’s a dumb hypothetical regardless because he won’t be traded for that anyway.
You see the thing is, if he plays a significant amount of the season in the 2s (added to the fact it would be the second year in a row asking for a trade) then is he really worth much more than that at the trade table?

Hear me out here...

Completely agree about AFLPA.

Completely agree about AFLPA.

A player asked for a trade, we denied it - totally fine.

A player asked for a trade, we denied it and banished him to the 2s - Dude, you're gonna get got.

If Dunkley still wants out and still wants to join Essendon at the end of this year I can see us trading him what is the point of holding onto a player that wants out for the second year in a row if it were to happen

If Dunkley still wants out and still wants to join Essendon at the end of this year I can see us trading him what is the point of holding onto a player that wants out for the second year in a row if it were to happen

Doesn't mean you get offered peanuts either - that's not how it works.

FWIW I think the likeliest scenario is he again wants out, but the chances of it being Essendon this time are lowish.

Got to admit a little surprised by Beverage comments, wouldn’t thought if you want to rev him up it’d be behind closed doors.

Your mistake is in believing Beveridge is a good coach.

With the exception of the Dogs going God Mode (and still needing to be umpired over the line) in 2016 - he's been largely s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been a player request a trade two years running and have it denied both times?
Umm maybe Ablett getting out of GC? Not sure on the details there. All the others I can think of moved on the second attempt, sometimes to the same club and sometimes to another one.

Has there been a player request a trade two years running and have it denied both times?

Without going in to detail, the list of players who want out and get out is a lot longer than the list of players who don't get out.

Things also seem to change once the player says he wants out, a bit like cheating on your partner, it seems to change relationships between the players, etc. The only player I can remember who formally requested the trade and stayed for the long term is Ryan O'Keefe. Seems to be many more in the Daniher, Gibbs, Ablett Jr camp than not.

I think it's at Geelong? Part of the Cameron trade.

They get Cameron and we trade out of the draft, This ******* Club.

True.

If Merrett leaves and I think he might (probably doesn’t want to wait around for four-five years until we can challenge), we should still have two top 6 draft picks at a minimum.

Uhhhh okay? Have fun with the lacklustre midfield and bottom table list then. Why grab great young key talls if you won’t put a player perfectly suited for your group into the middle for a price he’s worth? Interesting take. Genuinely curious as to what you now think he’s worth.
Yeah we would love to give you pick 5 for a guy whose coach says is struggling and who can’t get a run amongst your top 6 midfielders. Seems legit.

Yep. He can't seem to keep his emotions out of this.

Then Bulldogs want us to trade for Dunkley the mid, not Dunkley the undersized and slow KPP.

I never understood the reason for keeping Dunkley.

The acquisition of Martin makes Dunkley's role in the ruck redundant.
The acquisition of Treloar makes his role in the midfield shaky.
The acquisition of JUH makes his role in the forwardline redundant.

I don't think they thought this through.

Makes Sam Power seem like a twat. That’s some really weird reading when you think of why they kept Josh Dunkley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question without notice eDPS

Merret leaves, we’ve 2 x top 4 picks (including pick two hypothetically).

Would you take two mids or do you take the key forward who is presumably going to jump out during the year?

I like what we’ve down list wise but none bar the Baldwin kid who is coming from a long way back are genuine key forwards. Eyre sounds more CHF than FF to me by the way.

Interested to hear your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back