Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted I missed the 3rd quarter because I went for a run, but I’ve watched the first half and the last quarter and I can remember him touching it about three times. One was a goal when the ball fell in his lap in the goalsquare when someone else tackled an Adelaide player high.

Yep. Disappears again.

If he isn’t getting spoon fed the ball he disappears.
Stepho's still an immature kid with a heap of development to come. He should become a very very good footballer for North once he matures.

Granted I missed the 3rd quarter because I went for a run, but I’ve watched the first half and the last quarter and I can remember him touching it about three times. One was a goal when the ball fell in his lap in the goalsquare when someone else tackled an Adelaide player high.

His third quarter was very very good.

Watching the full game, the issue with Stephenson is that he lets his man run off and doesn’t bother following him. Did it a few times when his opponent just ran off him and had the ball delivered to him running out of the backline and then when he went into the middle in the 3rd his player ran from through the centre right past him into the forward line when they had the ball. Stephenson just stands and watches.

I suspect that’s one of the issues he has never bothered to fix.

Stepho's still an immature kid with a heap of development to come. He should become a very very good footballer for North once he matures.

He’s Billy Hartung on the wing and Alex Fasolo up forward.

Ultimately his inability to win contested ball and apply pressure will never change.

Hes enigma Stephenson. When the team is flying he is a leading front runner and looks to be a world beater. But when the heat is on and there are hard balls to be one, he's more invisible than WHE.
That cheap shot on an Adelaide player with 30 seconds to go, that led to a 50m penalty and another Crows goal, speaks volumes about the sort of front running player he is.
Pass.

He’s Billy Hartung on the wing and Alex Fasolo up forward.

Ultimately his inability to win contested ball and apply pressure will never change.

Yeah that's a concern, but I think he'll get better at it and I think there's a place ofr outside players. His pressure is inconsistent, but that's fixable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes - I was watching him skirting packs and avoiding contact when the game was there to be won in the last qtr.
Still not a 4 qtr player- same old, same old that he’d be bagged for if he was still with us.

we would have made him a better player with our bagging... we only did it for his own good

yes - I was watching him skirting packs and avoiding contact when the game was there to be won in the last qtr.
Still not a 4 qtr player- same old, same old that he’d be bagged for if he was still with us.

Yes, but he had a very good third, we'd improve a lot if our flankers were one quarter players rather than no quarter players.

Also saw him running forward a few time for the cheap spill out the back when what North needed was somebody to lay a tackle or force a turnover.

All that this negativity about Stephenson accomplishes is condemning Hine and other personnel for selecting him in the first place, particularly as we really needed a CHF who was still available. If Stephenson was such a bad selection then Hine must also be a poor judge of player flesh. He has rarely got a top 10 pick correct in the past 10 years unless it's an obvious father son selection like Moore. If he is so inept at his job, he should follow Buckley out the door this year.

All that this negativity about Stephenson accomplishes is condemning Hine and other personnel for selecting him in the first place, particularly as we really needed a CHF who was still available. If Stephenson was such a bad selection then Hine must also be a poor judge of player flesh. He has rarely got a top 10 pick correct in the past 10 years unless it's an obvious father son selection like Moore. If he is so inept at his job, he should follow Buckley out the door this year.

He had a great first half to his career at the Pies, but the hits have dried up big time.

i've heard the new regime is going to bring them all back.... all of em... every last one... mick...frankie raso.... all of em... not one left behind... it will be magic... i'm going to cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back