Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2 May 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1104

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPS is 23rd man :thumbsupv1:
or there will be a late out, his named on the bench...

SPS named in VFL team at back flank as well. He’s basically fighting for a spot in best 22 against Stocker, Newnes, Cottrell, Williamson and now Newman. I think he’s the most talented of the lot but if he wants the spot then he’s gotta take it from them. This is good pressure. He’s OOC so it’s a good time to test out his ticker.

Are you saying the coaches or the fan base have no idea? Or are you legitimately saying Plowman is one of our best 3rd or 4th players? If so, l🤣🤣🤣

The best and Fairest isn't a measure of who your best player is as far as talent or skill goes. It measures who performed the best during that year. i'm sure seeing as it's voted on by coaches it includes consideration of which players are actually doing what they are being asked to do by the coaching staff.

You can be the best performed player in a year without being the best player on the list.

Cant wait to read some of the back peddling posts tomorrow after we beat the Bombers.

I think that we win regardless of the changes but that doesn't make the changes any less baffling. Where do they make sense as far as looking past this week goes?

General soreness reporting for duty

No doubt in my mind that Murphy and Williams were dropped.

Owies in for Murphy probably means that Gibbons will wander further up the ground. Owies will tackle and apply pressure. I hope he isn't timid at the higher level.

Parks in the defence makes me happy. More ferocity.

Dow must get time around the stoppages.

SPS being the sacrificial lamb this week as we had run out of those who could have the 'omitted' beside their name, except for Kennedy who didn't even play. I'd say he isn't doing what is asked of him and his intensity levels have been low. Should be the sub though as he can play back, midfield or forward if necessary.

I'm not worried about the midfield outs. Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, Dow, Stocker, Cuningham and Gibbons can handle things. Stocker isn't slow either so I'm not too worried about the speed in there. I think we will compete and I think we have sent a message this time, so expect the likes of Newnes to fight for his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS named in VFL team at back flank as well. He’s basically fighting for a spot in best 22 against Stocker, Newnes, Cottrell, Williamson and now Newman. I think he’s the most talented of the lot but if he wants the spot then he’s gotta take it from them. This is good pressure. He’s OOC so it’s a good time to test out his ticker.
Surely he wouldn't play him HBF in the VFL .. that would be crazy -- maybe they want him to request a trade out .. Fremantle or WC would take for a second or third rounder ..

General soreness reporting for duty

No doubt in my mind that Murphy and Williams were dropped.

Owies in for Murphy probably means that Gibbons will wander further up the ground. Owies will tackle and apply pressure. I hope he isn't timid at the higher level.

Parks in the defence makes me happy. More ferocity.

Dow must get time around the stoppages.

SPS being the sacrificial lamb this week as we had run out of those who could have the 'omitted' beside their name, except for Kennedy who didn't even play. I'd say he isn't doing what is asked of him and his intensity levels have been low. Should be the sub though as he can play back, midfield or forward if necessary.

I'm not worried about the midfield outs. Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, Dow, Stocker, Cuningham and Gibbons can handle things. Stocker isn't slow either so I'm not too worried about the speed in there. I think we will compete and I think we have sent a message this time, so expect the likes of Newnes to fight for his spot.

You think Williams was dropped???

That one can believe there is a single overriding logical reason that is influential enough to react with astonishment and anger to these changes, defies logic.
I haven’t expressed anger I still think we can win just think he deserves a spot in the 22 over others
I am astonished that others that think there inside knowledge to a faction of club think that there football analysis is better than the supporters because they have more money and I lol at there stupid sideways laugh emojis.
I think there locked into confirmation bias due to accepting inside gossip as fact without personal analysis

You think Williams was dropped???

General soreness just doesn't seem right for a blockbuster clash against the Bombers. Surely, these are the types of games he signed up for?

Surely the MC were drunk?? Horrendous changes. Glad we are paying 750 a year for Williams. Hasn't earned a cent of it yet. That fitness guru we got in is earning his cash though. We will get embarrassed tomorrow with that team. Dow straight in after an OK game against sh*t opponents is just DUMB
Dow dominated against Brissy VFL, dunno what you watched

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Murph and Williams were dropped though, I'd be a little dirty that they are too high profile to help out the VFL side. Maybe the risk is that they don't perform at the lower level so we can't bring them back right away.

If Murph and Williams were dropped though, I'd be a little dirty that they are too high profile to help out the VFL side. Maybe the risk is that they don't perform at the lower level so we can't bring them back right away.

What would be the point of dropping a player if they don't have to earn their way back through the VFL?
Doesn't make sense.

General soreness just doesn't seem right for a blockbuster clash against the Bombers. Surely, these are the types of games he signed up for?
He missed enough of them at GWS - he signed for the money end of story - if he was GWS he would still be getting the job done on the HBF and missing his 4-7 games a year --

I think Russel needs to put him in the cage or whatever it is cause he looks a little like kunfu panda at present

Personally. I think that the plan would always have been to rest a player like Murphy after 6 games or so, I don't believe he was dropped, he wasn't in the worst couple of players last week.

Williams has had injury concerns for a while now, I see no reason to doubt that he's out due to injury.

Eddie will be scheduled for a rest soon too, this will be his 5th game? Unfortunately, our injuries would have played a bit of havoc with plans on how to manage the older players this year, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back