Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But it was ok to allow returns from Italy, America & UK?

Medical experts are saying what Slats is saying, quarantine is not up to scratch!

As some have said all along, use Xmas Island. They’ve done it already, so do it again.
I don't like the ban either and think it will hurt them politically however the rate of infection in returnees is much higher than the other nations you mentioned.

XMAS island should be explored but what is it actual capacity under COVID isolation conditions especially with 200+ criminals there waiting for deportation which have damaged the place.

As for Slats, the cricketers went there knowing there was a risk so who cares.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't like the ban either and think it will hurt them politically however the rate of infection in returnees is much higher than the other nations you mentioned.

XMAS island should be explored but what is it actual capacity under COVID isolation conditions especially with 200+ criminals there waiting for deportation which have damaged the place.

LOL

Yep slate the cricketer just landed the biggest hit at scomo. He's the lefts poster boy and activist against this. He will surely get the sympathy from the west LOL

Maybe albo can get a pic with slater. Invite him to a press conference maybe?

Man I have to say this is surely pulling the heart strings. I can already picture the greens and labour crying.

Hope this anger last a couple more days. This needs to seep into all WA and QLD minds

HOLY * BILL SHORTEN IS ALSO YOUR POSTER CHILD.

Shorten and the cricketer!!!! What a dream team

wasn’t his travel approved by the govt?
I thought that was the process?

Man I have to say this is surely pulling the heart strings. I can already picture the greens and labour crying.

Hope this anger last a couple more days. This needs to seep into all WA and QLD minds

HOLY fu** BILL SHORTEN IS ALSO YOUR POSTER CHILD.

Calm down, you are hysterical.

HOLY fu** BILL SHORTEN IS ALSO YOUR POSTER CHILD.

Rather flippant for such a situation.

Scumo's response is quite typical, quite pathetic. Its just a form of dog whistling.

Do something outrageous to vilify others. Its straight out of the Conservative playbook.

Bit of red meat for the self righteous.

Lets not mention the FKT up vaccine roll out of the FKT up quarantine centres. ie the Real issues of failure.

I struggle to have any sympathy for wealthy sportspeople suffering in 5 star accom

that said, if this travel was signed off and approved by the govt, they do have a duty of care to bring them back

and this goes the same for any arrangements that the govt reviewed and approved.

there is a big difference between this and lying about your reason for travel, hopping via third nations, or ignoring govt advice and travelling anyway

I struggle to have any sympathy for wealthy sportspeople suffering in 5 star accom

that said, if this travel was signed off and approved by the govt, they do have a duty of care to bring them back

and this goes the same for any arrangements that the govt reviewed and approved.

there is a big difference between this and lying about your reason for travel, hopping via third nations, or ignoring govt advice and travelling anyway

Lol look at the faux struggling sympathy. Lets be honest here. CRICKETER BAD. WAIT SCOMO BAD. CRICKTER GOOD. is what's going in your brain. Enough of the faux principles

Lol look at the faux struggling sympathy. Lets be honest here. CRICKETER BAD. WAIT SCOMO BAD. CRICKTER GOOD. is what's going in your brain. Enough of the faux principles

if it was the crickers had ignored the advice and went over, i wouldnt give two *s

the issue is the govt approved travel. this will catch doctors without borders volunteers, aid workers, and health professionals who have gone over with the govt stamp of approval.

the cricketers have zero to fear. its the rest i worry about (who dont have the same accom or protections that they do)

It does not really matter if you have sympathy or not. It does not really matter why people travelled either. And it does not matter if someone like Slater is hysterical or not.

I am actually quite happy to shut everyone out. That means I am safe. That means Australia does not get another outbreak. I can see howe that would be widely popular. And I can see how it is even more widely popular when it involves shutting out "others". But that is the easy path.

You cannot simply abandon you own citizens because it is too hard.

No government can do that.

And for those who didn't think race was at play here, think for one second what reaction one tweet from a white cricketer has generated compared to hundreds and maybe thousands of "others".

This is the height of populism. And it is dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To them, it's the principle of the matter. The 'integrity' of government outlays. They'll spend $1.50 to make sure some 'underserving sponge' doesn't get $1.
It really has come to that. I love Richard Denniss's work in cutting through the risible, embarrassing horseschitte that politicians of all stripes (but right now, overwhelming from the conservative side) come with up to justify policies that do the exact opposite of the greater good.

His book "Econobabble" is essential reading for all Australians and I see he's just released a revised edition. Easy to read and ruthlessly critical of self-serving BS.

fu** out of here. Biggest hypocrite scum views.

Mcgowan ban good
Ardern ban good
SCOMO BAD

but but nothing. ******* hypocrites.

Scomo got to get out stage and ******* bash Sky news aus and labor.

Utter the ******* words

'But we will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come', Election campaign launch

‘Ardern hasn’t made it illegal to leave NZ without some border force approval. And have they got ‘thousands of cases a day’ because of it?

the problem for Aussies, which they don’t realise till they come in contact with the ‘process’ is it’s a joke. People are resubmitting requests for approval unchanged until they get an approval

this ain’t some temporary ban it’s been in place over a year now and it keeps getting extended quietly. There’s a Supreme Court challenge but it’s costing the challengers more and more as the govt delays delays delays.

‘a couple of countries have had their Supreme Court tell the govt to get sensible when they have had a chance to act

It does not really matter if you have sympathy or not. It does not really matter why people travelled either. And it does not matter if someone like Slater is hysterical or not.

I am actually quite happy to shut everyone out. That means I am safe. That means Australia does not get another outbreak. I can see howe that would be widely popular. And I can see how it is even more widely popular when it involves shutting out "others". But that is the easy path.

And for those who didn't think race was at play here, think for one second what reaction one tweet from a white cricketer has generated compared to hundreds and maybe thousands of "others".

Letter in today's SMH:

"To clarify, if you come from the US to Australia with a nasty COVID variant, you are given two weeks in quarantine. If you are an Australian citizen and travel from India to Australia COVID negative, you are given a five-year jail sentence."

every time i think the government has gone too far with this, i am surprised with the reaction.Everytime there is a new draconian rule or law it gets huge support. "keeping us safe"

Mcgowan has been tapping into this rich source of xenophobia/safety/protection trifecta and it worked like a charm for him.

we're honestly at the point where if scomo said we need to round up all indians in Australia and put them in a camp people would be saying "oh this is so terrible we have to do this"

It couldn't be because Slats is a high profile (and sometimes ridiculed) sportsmen could it?

DITTO. NZ does not have draconian outward travel bans and they are just as ‘ safe’ if not safer than aussies

every time i think the government has gone too far with this, i am surprised with the reaction.Everytime there is a new draconian rule or law it gets huge support. "keeping us safe"

Mcgowan has been tapping into this rich source of xenophobia/safety/protection trifecta and it worked like a charm for him.

we're honestly at the point where if scomo said we need to round up all indians in Australia and put them in a camp people would be saying "oh this is so terrible we have to do this"

‘fascist behaviour perfected during asylum seekers/terrorism now being turned on the general population. Opposition has long ago been humiliated and suppressed as cowed

‘the point with fascist behaviour is it doesn’t moderate itself, in fact it creeps by it’s very nature.

you’d think such as McGowan with 53 seats from 59 in the latestelection would realise he could ease up a bit in the name of civil liberties. But no he’s doubling down and demanding the feds follow suit.

‘we really really need to clip our politicians wings. The higher levels of society won’t do it because frankly, they can pay their way around this stuff indeed they seem to have no issues. Can’t imagine who slater has upset. Sports people film stars etc - all who are more prone to risky behaviour than normal people....no problem

Last edited:

Scomo is

a) racist (travel ban)
b) incompetent (aussies home by xmas, vaccine rollout)
c) all of the above

I'm old enough to remember when Peter Dutton caught covid in the US and flew it back here.
Alex Hawke's in-laws on the Ruby Princess too but the Indians are all apostates as far as these Hillsong nutters are concerned and of little concern.

I think he is a very sinister individual who doesn't go out of his way to express a reverence for democracy.

Lots of people don't go out of their way to express a reverence for democracy. That is in no way an indicator that it will fall by the wayside any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back