List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

"Physically and mentally I'm in a great space so I'd love to play on next year providing that continues in the second half of the year and that's a discussion that we'll obviously have when it needs to be," Walker told AFL.com.au

Agree with @crow1970 on a lot of things, and about Thommo, but not on Tex here.

There are some clear caveats above, and I believe Tex will be realistic about his position.

Fogarty needs to be in the team and we need to make him our forward target; but having Tex there to help him should be an advantage - if our coaches are smart enough use it.

None of those picks would be in play for any of the players you mentioned, no matter what picks we included. Talia and Lynch have zero trade value, if we traded them it would be for a very late pick to get them to their destinations of choice.

Crouch might get us a late first at best.

Fogarty is the interesting one, high draft pick but hasn't got the runs on the board yet. Would realistically be a 2nd-3rd rounder at this stage IMO unless he has a breakout 2nd half of the year (in which case we wouldn't trade him)

He was pick 12. Everyone carries on like he was a top 5 pick. Collingwood took Stephenson with a heart condition over him. I keep saying why did the Saints pass on him at their back to back picks IIRC 7&8? They were desperate for a forward. Then Naughton goes to the Dogs before him. Red flag should have been blinding the Crows recruiting team. Ok he was a SA lad and given our departures maybe they ignored all the flags.

Taylor has been unbelievable, a magnificent servant and deliverer of quality moments where you just scream yes!
He shouldn’t go on after this year with us.
If he goes somewhere else, fine,
If he bleeds the club he needs to make way.
thoughts, rebukes and connections ensue.

I would trade him to another club to play and start his coaching career. Like Hodge and Mitchell. Benefits are we get his salary of the books and he comes back later to coach with fresh ideas.

In a playing/coaching role he would IMO.
Of course he wouldn't. He isn't someone on an ambitious head coaching journey. He is someone who has a very old school connection to the idea of "club".

In terms of rucks next year, I'd be fine going in with Frampton as the backup to replace Strachan, but would like it if we could find an ultra athletic ruck type to try and develop as a change of pace type from Sauce/ROB types.

Find someone raw, but with great physical tools late in the national draft/rookie draft knowing he'll have a few years to develop.

In terms of rucks next year, I'd be fine going in with Frampton as the backup to replace Strachan, but would like it if we could find an ultra athletic ruck type to try and develop as a chance of pace type from Sauce/ROB types.

Find someone raw, but with great physical tools late in the national draft/rookie draft knowing he'll have a few years to develop.

Yeah, that thought has crossed my mind as well, especially as Frampton wouldn't take away that many ruck minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was pick 12. Everyone carries on like he was a top 5 pick. Collingwood took Stephenson with a heart condition over him. I keep saying why did the Saints pass on him at their back to back picks IIRC 7&8? They were desperate for a forward. Then Naughton goes to the Dogs before him. Red flag should have been blinding the Crows recruiting team. Ok he was a SA lad and given our departures maybe they ignored all the flags.

given that over half of first round picks every year suck dog balls, that’s a lot of weight you’re putting on other teams selections as if they have some greater insight

Good news Sloane has been given the all clear by his ophthalmologist so expect he should play the Showdown.

We badly need him... even if he is not at his best.

Listened to him on Rowie. Said he's done a lot of work and has been running for nearly 3 weeks. Weird that he'd then have to pass a fitness test of ours. To fail it you'd think his retina would need to detach again.

Agree with @crow1970 on a lot of things, and about Thommo, but not on Tex here.

There are some clear caveats above, and I believe Tex will be realistic about his position.

Fogarty needs to be in the team and we need to make him our forward target; but having Tex there to help him should be an advantage - if our coaches are smart enough use it.

If he was genuine he would straight bat it. What happens when he says he wants to is the Rowies of the world start dialling up the pressure, qualifications are ignored. He's tempered it slightly from the unconditional 'I want it done sooner rather than later' of 3 weeks ago, but he's still pushing his barrow. And he's clearly struggling physically, so the bit about his body is untrue and he'll maintain that public stance regardless. This will be Thommo repeated, he'll be forcing us to delist him as he'll have taken retirement off the table publicly. We won't delist him, our club doesn't have it in us.

Mostly I'm going by everything he's ever said and done.

"Everything"? So his choice of electricity provider suggests this to you.

Seriously though, what would be interesting would be a straight statistic of captains transitioning into the coaching caper. I reckon only Roo from our 6 retired players hasn't coached to at least a state league level. So I'm going with 83% chance he'll dip his toe into coaching. Captains I reckon need to have an inherent teaching gearing, I reckon they're pre-disposed to coaching.

Listened to him on Rowie. Said he's done a lot of work and has been running for nearly 3 weeks. Weird that he'd then have to pass a fitness test of ours. To fail it you'd think his retina would need to detach again.
Surely Sloane would be much more useful than Lynch was in his last few games... where he didn't train for 3 weeks...

Surely Sloane would be much more useful than Lynch was in his last few games... where he didn't train for 3 weeks...

I think Sloane will pick up where he left off. Sounds like he's done plenty and will be niggle free. Just find it weird he'll have to pass a fitness test of ours to return from a detached retina after surgeon sign off. How do you fitness test a retina recovery?

"Everything"? So his choice of electricity provider suggests this to you.

Seriously though, what would be interesting would be a straight statistic of captains transitioning into the coaching caper. I reckon only Roo from our 6 retired players hasn't coached to at least a state league level. So I'm going with 83% chance he'll dip his toe into coaching. Captains I reckon need to have an inherent teaching gearing, I reckon they're pre-disposed to coaching.

It WOULD be a pain in the ass moving states and changing energy providers. ;)

How is it that AFC is not in the top handful of clubs with salary cap space? Article says NM, Hawks and Bombers.

How many of our B and C grade players must be getting A grade salaries?
Interesting... Adelaide was included in a similar list I saw earlier this year, published in the media (probably The Age).

How is it that AFC is not in the top handful of clubs with salary cap space? Article says NM, Hawks and Bombers.

How many of our B and C grade players must be getting A grade salaries?
Because the article is nothing more than a VFL puff piece, that's why Port who is challenging and outside VIC have their target players listed. AFC would have space.

Back