Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you are coming from but if he demands to be paid like Martin then he can damn well be judged on Martin's output. Biggest waste of talent since Rene Kink
It's a big over reaction pile on at the moment. He broke his nose in a game and got subbed out, then misses 2 games with concussion protocol, played poorly in his first game back.

It's a big over reaction pile on at the moment. He broke his nose in a game and got subbed out, then misses 2 games with concussion protocol, played poorly in his first game back.

As much as people are critical of DeGoey to me he is the best reader of Grundy's taps and hits the ball at speed.

How many years has he been in the system??
How many off field indiscretions?
How many chances does he need to grow into a man?

How many years has he been in the system??
How many off field indiscretions?
How many chances does he need to grow into a man?
This season is very much make or break for me. If he doesn't pull his head in this year I really hope we trade him to some hole like North or the Gold Coast

This season is very much make or break for me. If he doesn't pull his head in this year I really hope we trade him to some hole like North or the Gold Coast
I was very much a fan in his initial season but now I'm fked if I know what he's waiting for.
I was a tearaway too in my youth but never had the type of opportunity that is sitting on a golden platter awaiting him.
All he has to do is reach out and grasp it.

Stuff goals or possessions, id love to see him come out and have 10 tackles this week while playing in the guts. Doesn't have the heart for it. There is a real softness to his game to be honest, both in hard ball gets and defensive efforts.

Only Play for Himself and Glory he can have got from it when the Few Times he does Something

I don’t where Jordan is, do we pay him on what we think he should be or pull the pin? I’m thinking give him a short contract that will keep him here and then judge after that with the big money deal or the opportunity for him be traded. I honestly think this is the most difficult decision for our list managers. Would we get a decent 1st round pick for him at the moment. I like Jordy and cross my fingers that he can be the player we all hope he can be for us.

Personally I reckon there is zero chance JDG is off anywhere. Particularly given how horrible our forward line already is.

It would also be silly of the club to ship him off whilst his value is so low, unless the offer is greater than what his current performance justifies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PieBeast you can laugh all you want. He had never won a BNF or been an All Australian and was 7 years into his career. He had only won Ports goal kicking once in 2011 a side that finished second bottom. Funny his first 3 full seasons post his knee reco he won 3 BNFs and was all Australian 4 times in a 6 year period.
Ignore posters like them, negative trolls

He is done. Stick a fork in him.
The quicker the club realises he ain't the person you want to build a Football team around the better. People compare him to Dusty, but let's be honest, he is an average footballer that does great things from time to time. A little like Jack Watts, plenty of ability but never comes to fruition.
Move him on while he is still worth something. No chance in hell would I offer him above $400k.
s**t post

That is far from the truth. He has a very low clanger count. He doesn't take the game on but he doesn't make many mistakes.
I think they should turn him into a ‘tagger’.
He isn’t a prolific possession gatherer, but at least seems to be able to tackle and has some pace. He may even learn a few things playing on the best midfielders.

I wish the coaches would throw players around to see where they may be able to get the best out of them.

He is credible, still involved in the game, When he told me , I was kind of disappointed, as I rate Jordy , on the flip side , in his time at the club,6 completed seasons, he has not had one top 10 finish in the Copeland, that is a massive disappointment for a player of his talent.

I’d love to know this too.

Like most people I’ve got limited connection to anyone in AFL circles. But one I do is a senior member in drafting/list management at another club.

This is not the kind of thing people outside the clubs involved are generally aware of, unless it is public to the point of media awareness.

Therefore I can only assume they are in in player management, or list management at either of the clubs... which would make disseminating the info even stranger...

All the haters may jump on me for this, Jordy hasn’t been any influence since Mason left the scene.
I note that they worked in tandem ok
Mihocek was a one man band on Saturday
As much as Cameron has shown glimpses, he ain’t gonna be the solution sadly either

He is credible, still involved in the game, When he told me , I was kind of disappointed, as I rate Jordy , on the flip side , in his time at the club,6 completed seasons, he has not had one top 10 finish in the Copeland, that is a massive disappointment for a player of his talent.

Does that reflect his on-field performances or his durability? Where does he sit in terms of a votes per top 10 each season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back