Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As the forum's expert on idiotic analogies, I suggest staying well away from anything that stirs the nerds into action. Unless you want a tsunami of pedantic correction posts, never mention Star Wars, Star Trek, science, anything to do with space or the constellations, chemical formulae or any thing that can be refuted by running a complex set of algorithms to.

Keep it low brow and relatable, something like Dean Kent is as slow as an '85 Barina automatic on a steep hill, nerds will feel emasculated because they all ride bikes and have the Myki office on speed dial, the blokey types are too busy having their morning long necks to worry about the fact that the '85 didn't come out as an automatic.

i pissed my self reading the last paragraph hahahaha

“Keep it low brow and relatable, something like Dean Kent is as slow as an '85 Barina automatic on a steep hill, nerds will feel emasculated because they all ride bikes and have the Myki office on speed dial, the blokey types are too busy having their morning long necks to worry about the fact that the '85 didn't come out as an automatic.”

austinnn we got another one!!!

An 85 Barina was a rebadged Suzuki Cultus.
In GTi form they produced 84Kw , which meant they could wind up to around 188km/h. Pretty good for 1298cc. 835Kg meant it accelerated really well, but don't crash.

This can be compared to the average Holden 6 of the day producing 86kw and weighing 1220kg, or even worse a Corona with a 4 cylinder Holden engine producing 58Kw from 2.1 litre.

Now as everyone knows, applying power through a gearbox produces a torque at the wheels. This torque produces a force at the tyre face which is the Torque divided by the outer radius of the tyre.
Force = mass x acceleration, so the acceleration of the vehicle will be Force/mass which is directly proportional to Power/mass.
Therefore if Dean Kent is like a Barina , the Commodore of the time must have been like Stuart Dew 3 years into retirement.
Fun fact, there was a road-runner edition of the 85 Barina , complete with warner bros decal. It accompanied the "Beep Beep Barina " advertising campaign.

HEY!!! I ride a bike. I get in trouble drinking long necks when i drive a car. Besides i lost my license.

(amidoingitright)?

‘I wonder how everyone is feeling about tomorrow’s crucial game? Time to hit the preview thread!’

*King Neptune
*planet Neptune
*Barinas

‘Ok, got it’

just wait for the half time interview with ratts:
"yeah look we think the orbit of neptune is going really well, but we'd like less drinking of long necks before 7am so we can continue to drive the Barina"

Imagine what the GC lurkers are thinking....
Their match thread consists mainly of discussion about an iconic chant they will sing when Gold Coast have a huge lead with 5 minutes to go and how great it will sound at a sold out Metricon so both of us are indulging in mythical realms this week ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I want to ask - is it really the end of the world if we are that much better with Paddy in the team? I see people saying stuff like “we shouldn’t be hanging all our hope on a 34 year old ruckman” but I say why not? If he’s that good then it makes sense to hang our hopes on him. The difference he makes to our team is phenomenal.

Something I want to ask - is it really the end of the world if we are that much better with Paddy in the team? I see people saying stuff like “we shouldn’t be hanging all our hope on a 34 year old ruckman” but I say why not? If he’s that good then it makes sense to hang our hopes on him. The difference he makes to our team is phenomenal.

Flash back a bit over a decade and we were better with Steven King, or Michael Gardner in the side.

Flash back a bit over a decade and we were better with Steven King, or Michael Gardner in the side.
MG was part of the reason for the 19 match winning streak.

An 85 Barina was a rebadged Suzuki Cultus.

Suzuki Cultus sounds like a Japanese new wave band who opened for the Yello Magic Orchestra at the Budokan in the mid 1980's or one of those death cults who opened Sarin gas in the Tokyo underground.

Now wonder they renamed it a Barina.

Saints by 123

Suzuki Cultus sounds like a Japanese new wave band who opened for the Yello Magic Orchestra at the Budokan in the mid 1980's or one of those death cults who opened Sarin gas in the Tokyo underground.

Saints by 123
giphy (35).gif

Their match thread consists mainly of discussion about an iconic chant they will sing when Gold Coast have a huge lead with 5 minutes to go and how great it will sound at a sold out Metricon so both of us are indulging in mythical realms this week ;)
I just read the entire thread, there's 15 seconds I'll never get back.

I particularly enjoyed the poster calling Paddy a downhill skier. Not sure that’s true. in fact I’m pretty confident it’s absolutely not true.

Saints by 123
There's a pretty popular car here called ISIS. Glad I didn't buy one of those when I arrived in Japan.

As a side note, Suzuki still sell huge numbers of cars here and in India. They're pretty good cars and well priced. We've got a Suzuki and a Honda and I prefer driving the Suzuki to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back