Preview Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 8th April, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunny’s Show and Tell Training Report #2

Mason Wood too, but his movement in his shoulder IS restricted.

We are better for having him in the side, but it will have an effect. It's usually extension above the shoulder that becomes problematic. Pretty sure the Duck played alot of his career like this. Wood was stellar overhead during the Essendon game.

Brilliant news re Wood & Stocker being fit to play. Even if Mason is a little restricted they will give him some pain relief to get him through. He would be unlucky to cause more damage to an AC injury. Counting the numbers from the photos it looks like we have about 31 fit players to chose from.

Heres hoping we can get some more back next week or at least against Carlton the following week? To get Steele & Jones back to take on Carlton would be a huge benefit.

Saints 1st on the ladder and Geelong 18th has me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

Freo / Dogs / Essendon all bogey teams we’ve knocked off… my eyes are set on Collingwood. Just imagine if we came up against them, both teams 4-0, and we pumped them despite our major injury list.

If that happened, the lid would be off big time, and by golly it is teetering right now.

One week at a time though, and Gold Coast loom as a threat, get the feeling Ben Long could dazzle, but we should get the win if the continued effort is there. My main concern is our forward line, I think we may need to re-jig / refreshen it a little, would be good to find some more aerial presence, butler and Higgins won’t kick 8 between them every week unfortunately. Just going to be a timing thing with handling the loads for Caminiti, Phillipou and Owens I reckon.

I know it’s been said to death but, imagine this team with Max King back in it. I dont even dare to imagine. The next King cup will have to wait until 2024.
Fair point, however the goal kicking is being shared around each week, so opposing teams never know who might get them!

They will need to test it out with some bumps and tackles before giving him the all clear to play as the Suns players will be testing it out on Saturday.

They could also try the trick of strapping his opposite shoulder for the game so they target that one instead.
And just in case they know that trick, how about strapping both shoulders and confusing the hell out of those Suns players :tonguewink:

They could also try the trick of strapping his opposite shoulder for the game so they target that one instead.

And just in case they know that trick, how about strapping both shoulders and confusing the hell out of those Suns players :tonguewink:

Why stop there? Let’s strap one of his knees as well. They won’t know what’s going on.

Mason “The Mummy” Wood.

Yep Sunny, nek minnit

bFw1B5m.jpg

Yeah we do.

Watch this, especially at 50 seconds into it:

Everyone forgets just how elite hamill was. It was a massive blow to us that he was crippled in his prime

From memory Hamill missed two consecutive final's campaigns under GT when we were in contention up to our necks. His game was built for finals footy. Might just have cost us a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the presser:

I think he's still foxing regarding the injuries, but that is just a great presser from the coach.

Straight off the bat: “you’re only as good as your next moment”.

Yea nah RTB doesn’t accept fluctuations in form. Gotta love it.

Here's the presser:

I think he's still foxing regarding the injuries, but that is just a great presser from the coach.
It’s so validating that Ross has done to the club exactly what they brought him back for. A great move by the administration, and handled about as well as possible under the circumstances.

Feels like a different team, we feel competent in all areas. Finally a truly professional club.

And a knee, just to muddy the waters a little further 😆

Ah…@Remboy beat me to it.

It's a good problem to have.
It's a great problem to have however Jones has had injury problems every year and this time he will not be rushed back like he was before , which means he will have to be far more durable.
I really feel he is way behind a few atm and will really need to prove his worth in the 2s before even being considered.

Big year for a lot of players out of contract.

One would think Jones will play a couple of games at Sandy before seniors. Can't really see him being there for the Blues match.
It will be interesting if his body holds up , the last 2 seasons he has only managed 13 games in each.
After last season which would of been his worst , I just hope he can get back to his best - for sure he wasn't right last year but having Clark , Windhager , Owens , Bytel , Gresham , Ross , Crouch and Steele he is going to have to really play good football at Sandringham.

At his best he will be a welcomed addition to the team.

Here's the presser:

I could actually listen to him for ages.
Always some little gem or two thrown in.

”Are you going to play differently when Max gets back?”
”I really hope not!”

A little swipe or two at Champion data and Mathew Lloyd for his cultural comments, but just calmly delivered. Trusts the boys to have two full days off - different from any other club. Yeah, I get things are rosy right now, but I can see why the players would respect him and play for him.

I could actually listen to him for ages.
Always some little gem or two thrown in.

”Are you going to play differently when Max gets back?”
”I really hope not!”

A little swipe or two at Champion data and Mathew Lloyd for his cultural comments, but just calmly delivered. Trusts the boys to have two full days off - different from any other club. Yeah, I get things are rosy right now, but I can see why the players would respect him and play for him.
It's great listening to him. There's no BS, just gives straight answers. Pretty happy to have him sitting in the coaches box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back