Preview Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 8th April, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best part of the Ross presser was how he showed no interest in playing two ruckmen just for the sake of it. Drove me nuts watching non AFL standard players like Campbell and Hunter in the team just for the sake of playing another ruckmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon had a bit of praise for him in the presser, must be structure related and backing him in for atleast another week
Yeah surely just trying to take pressure of him as you'd be pretty embarrassed with a game like that. Love how we're playing, but slight melt over his selection. He has been close to invisible 2 out of 3 games and doesn't look to be doing anything that Campbell or Sharman couldn't do and you'd have to think you would get better production out of those 2, it'd be near physically impossible to be less unless you got none of the ball and gave a few free kicks away🤣

Mitch Owens plays very similar to Rob Eddy. No wonder RTB loves him!

At this point of the season, round 3, Mitchito has kicked more goals than Eddy did in any of his complete seasons as a Saint.

I still don’t know what role Eddy played in those teams, but it’s certainly different to what Owens is doing, which is playing super high level football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also - easy to be like that when we're winning. What does Ross 7 losses deep look like?
I love the guy either way. I think he's definitely changed for the better from his last stint as our coach, though.

I think he definitely seems to relishing his second chance. He would have been thinking that his coaching journey was over a couple of years back. Like a second chance at anything you don't take it for granted and the little irritations seem a lot more trivial all of a sudden. being a senior AFL coach isn't well paid or particularly rewarding unless you are one of the rare ones that wins a flag but it gives you a prestige and esteem. Working as a real estate agent and part time footy comments man is a bit like going from college professor to become a retail assistant at David Jones after being the head honcho.

Lyon had a bit of praise for him in the presser, must be structure related and backing him in for atleast another week

Only heard him say that he was tall. What else did he say about him?

I think he definitely seems to relishing his second chance. He would have been thinking that his coaching journey was over a couple of years back. Like a second chance at anything you don't take it for granted and the little irritations seem a lot more trivial all of a sudden. being a senior AFL coach isn't well paid or particularly rewarding unless you are one of the rare ones that wins a flag but it gives you a prestige and esteem. Working as a real estate agent and part time footy comments man is a bit like going from college professor to become a retail assistant at David Jones after being the head honcho.
He is a class above most other coaches
The way he has pulled the club and players together is amazing no to many could do what he has done

I also find his game plan much more enjoyable to watch then last time

If you go with Casboult, King, Lukosious and Jeffrey then they'd better mark everything that comes their way otherwise the ball will be streaming out of your back half.

That said, Casboult is the interesting one. You'd assume Howard to King, Wilkie to Lukosious so that means Battle to Casboult.
Jeffrey is 192cm 88kg.

The obvious call would have been Jimmy Webster (188cm 84kg), but he’s out. So… we have three remaining options, because Sinclair won’t be the one to stand him…

NAS - 187cm 76kg
Paton - 187cm 82kg
Stocker - 184cm 86kg

My vote would be Paton. He’s arguably the most defensive of the three, his height is a closer match than Stocker, and the weight differential is not that much of an issue, in that “throwing his weight around” isn’t really a feature of Jeffrey’s game.

Paton > Stocker > NAS

That’s my take anyway.

He is a class above most other coaches
The way he has pulled the club and players together is amazing no to many could do what he has done

I also find his game plan much more enjoyable to watch then last time

He's brought back pride to the club. There hasn't been one game so far where you had this little bit of doubt about their commitment or determination. It's the first time in a long time where we have a had it week on week. Even in our winning streak last year it was usually one quarter or a few individual acts that dragged us over the line. Usually there was a depressingly soft quarter or patch of play to make sure you didn't get too ahead of yourself. It really feels like he's in control at the moment. We won't win every week but I don't feel like there is an inevitable crash at any moment now.

He's brought back pride to the club. There hasn't been one game so far where you had this little bit of doubt about their commitment or determination. It's the first time in a long time where we have a had it week on week. Even in our winning streak last year it was usually one quarter or a few individual acts that dragged us over the line. Usually there was a depressingly soft quarter or patch of play to make sure you didn't get too ahead of yourself. It really feels like he's in control at the moment. We won't win every week but I don't feel like there is an inevitable crash at any moment now.
When the Don's got back level, the commentators said 'we are going to find out a lot about these two teams'. Well we did.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

When the Don's got back level, the commentators said 'we are going to find out a lot about these two teams'. Well we did.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was bloody nervous at the time, but in retrospect it was great for us to see.
We now know they’ve got the commitment to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back