Preview Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 8th April, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been trying to think of a comparison for Chito, cos everyone seems to love them… and I’m not sure I can.

The usual Bont/Dusty/Fyfe/Dangerfield mid-forward stuff doesn’t cut it. He’s basically a full-time forward at the moment, and he doesn’t have quite the class of that mob… yet…

Then I went old school, and thought Gablett Snr, as an undersized marking target forward… after all, the Chito can take a PURE grab… but that’s not an accurate one either…

I really don’t think we HAVE a proper comparison for the big dog… and I think that’s why he’s been such a horror matchup for everyone we’ve played so far!

At this rate… even when the “names” are back… I think we have to seriously consider playing him as a forward 90% of the time…

Get someone in to give him some goalkicking lessons! They all go wide right, if you notice such things.

He's kinda Hamill like.

Or a little Zurhaar-ish?

Or a Semi-Fyfe?

A talented Sam Powell-Pepper?

I remember some of us talking like this last season at the bye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To me I thought we were super lucky to be 8-3 , I wasn't expecting us to win a lot more after the break, this year we have have had everything go wrong yet are 3 zip, I'm far from saying we will win it or make top 4 but I doubt we fold up like we did last year, my guess we end up 5th - 7th

Gold Coast have a really solid midfield, but I’m not sure their forward half can put a score on the board the beats us.

Ben King is still working back to his best from the knee injury, and Battle & Wilkie should blanket Lukosius.

I’m not 100% confident but I’d expect that we’ll be in a position to win for the majority of the night.
Just curious who will play on Casboult and Jeffrey?

Just curious who will play on Casboult and Jeffrey?
If you go with Casboult, King, Lukosious and Jeffrey then they'd better mark everything that comes their way otherwise the ball will be streaming out of your back half.

That said, Casboult is the interesting one. You'd assume Howard to King, Wilkie to Lukosious so that means Battle to Casboult.

To me I thought we were super lucky to be 8-3 , I wasn't expecting us to win a lot more after the break, this year we have have had everything go wrong yet are 3 zip, I'm far from saying we will win it or make top 4 but I doubt we fold up like we did last year, my guess we end up 5th - 7th

We have a better system and a better spread of goalkickers this year under Ross which should stand up consistently over the whole season while last year we were relying more on individual brilliance winning games like King or Higgins kicking bags and you can't rely on that happening consistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play 3 talls back
Doog, battle and Wilkie.
V king casboult jefferey,

Lads here talking luko but he’s been playing on the wing right?
What we should do is kidnap Ben and replace him with Max and Max can play badly.

There is definitely elements there. Pretty hard to compare a kid to someone who is probably the GOAT of the league but that deceptive body strength and tall and small game is very Ablett. His possession numbers and run suggest someone like Ryan O'Keefe who was a bit of a small tall forward with running power.
Aaron Hamill, anyone?

God bless you gringo. 3 weeks ago it was everyone's hopeless and we are going backwards, now we're walk up winners every week.

This is a sick, sick disease and I am just saddened and angry at what it's done to you. I think you need an exorcism.
Hope is one hell of a drug.

ross certainly has made some shifts that are putting him in good said for some strong growth as a coach and also for the club. the bigggest change i can see is he's far more open and comfortable in front of the media and fans, but also he's very complimentary of his coaching team. he speaks more about the good someone like enright has done than himself. previously it was all about ross.

this puts him in good stead to attract talent into the club IMO.

the talk about the drinking. classic ross. he's very very calculated.

ross certainly has made some shifts that are putting him in good said for some strong growth as a coach and also for the club. the bigggest change i can see is he's far more open and comfortable in front of the media and fans, but also he's very complimentary of his coaching team. he speaks more about the good someone like enright has done than himself. previously it was all about ross.

Clearing the lane for the inevitable succession

Also - easy to be like that when we're winning. What does Ross 7 losses deep look like?
I love the guy either way. I think he's definitely changed for the better from his last stint as our coach, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back