Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand Hately going out and Berry being retained. What player will best match the heat that Port will undoubtedly bring, that's a no brainer watching Hately last week. Fogarty/Berry >>>>Hately when the heat is on in the midfield.

Both have different weapons. I’d like to know the KM’s covered from both players in the last game, because Hately was everywhere (albeit with average impact to the game) and Berry just brought the tackling pressure around the contest. Let’s not shy away from the fact that Berry had less impact on the game than Hately did. Just watch the replay

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Crows around the ground marking is terrible atm
Because they kick to a contest. And hope for outnumbered. They don’t trust their skills. Young McPherson tried to drill inside a couple occasions last week. You saw the turnover from short inside. It killed us.

I can understand Hately going out and Berry being retained. What player will best match the heat that Port will undoubtedly bring, that's a no brainer watching Hately last week. Fogarty/Berry >>>>Hately when the heat is on in the midfield.
Hately doesn’t seem a mid.

Game lost at selection....

Joking, but I really don't understand the KPD set up. Butts is doing well, I like that match up on Dixon.

Georgardes will kick 5 plus.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
People got upset at Butts being thrown at the Wolves last year when Mackay got him even though we won. There’s some you can do it to and some you don’t. McAsey for example

Both have different weapons. I’d like to know the KM’s covered from both players in the last game, because Hately was everywhere (albeit with average impact to the game) and Berry just brought the tackling pressure around the contest. Let’s not shy away from the fact that Berry had less impact on the game than Hately did. Just watch the replay

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They both had 11 disposals, both had 23 pressure acts, given Hately spent more time in the midfield I'm not surprised Hately was judged more harshly.

Ah, come on, we got this.

This whole Chris Davies thing has the 'dream final' feel to it.

I know we were a lot better team in 2005, forget that. We take it up to Port Power like we did Geelong and we are a chance.
I would rather smash them in the 2nd Showdown when they really need momentum going into September.

They both had 11 disposals, both had 23 pressure acts, given Hately spent more time in the midfield I'm not surprised Hately was judged more harshly.
Is Hately a mid? Is Berry a pressure guy that gets his disposal from harrying an opponent? Same disposal but Berry had the much larger weight of carry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're insisting on the ultra tall forward line with Tex, Riley, EH & Fog. Four talls has failed every single time we've tried it.

Oh and D Mac over McPherson, in a rebuild. Any retractions from the "he's a break glass in case of emergency option only" crowd?
Yep I'll put my hand up and admit I thought Mackay would be dropped this week with Brown and Hamill both coming back in. Very disappointed to see him still in the side. We are way too short in defence, and too tall up forward.

We are just allergic to making good decisions regularly. Always two steps forward, three steps back.

We panic, as with Pyke, when the chips are down we revert to type. In 2019 Pyke actually left seniors in the shed, but as we got closer to finals and we were in the hunt for a spot, he brought back all the experienced plodders on their last legs. Nicks is no different. Did it last year, is doing it again this year.

So many people are pissy, not sure why. Hately needs to get some aggression into his game, built like tarzan and playing on the outside waiting for the ball too much. Macpherson and McAdam have been terrible. Mackay was actually pretty good last game but everyone likes to whip him. Rowe is very lucky.

We might find Himmelberg playing in defense tomorrow which is a good idea and rolling FOG through the middle and forward has to remain.

I like the changes although the move I would have made is Himmelberg out and Worrell in, but all others are fine

So Berg has just pushed past Murray and McAsey who have been going ok down back and trained there all summer. Keep dreaming, it's a s**t structure, there's no hidden secret.

So we're insisting on the ultra tall forward line with Tex, Riley, EH & Fog. Four talls has failed every single time we've tried it.

Oh and D Mac over McPherson, in a rebuild. Any retractions from the "he's a break glass in case of emergency option only" crowd?
Have to say that I am both surprised and disappointed. I really did expect DMac to be listed as out (sub) this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back