VFL 2021 VFL R4 v Coburg (Sat 8-May 12.05pm @ Victoria Park) - [7plus, Casey radio]

Remove this Banner Ad

Really only Sier and Wilson put their hands up for next week for mine. Bianco nice hitout, but needs to build some consistent form back before consideration for seniors.

He isn’t rated in the top 25 at the moment
The worry is a side could reach for him knowing we’d match should come a bit later. Need interested side to not hold any late teen picks.

Bianco surprised with how involved he was. Takes the game on and gets to the right places. He just looks ‘AFL’ to me and I’m confident we have a player.

While he’s played pre-season games and last year’s scratch matches - that was his first game for us in competition with points to be won. Very happy with that outing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bianco surprised with how involved he was. Takes the game on and gets to the right places. He just looks ‘AFL’ to me and I’m confident we have a player.

While he’s played pre-season games and last year’s scratch matches - that was his first game for us in competition with points to be won. Very happy with that outing.
Surprised that in his first VFL game he looked a level above

Same very Impressed.

The initial concern on him was size but he looks like he’s built himself up.

There’s been a bit of talk recently about kids with leadership that dropped to mid draft and are showing they should have been drafted earlier. Jack Graham and Touk Miller being the ones discussed. Worth noting that Bianco was Chargers captain of a side containing Rowell and Anderson.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s a bit of a furphy the commentators were spinning. He played at least one of the preseason practice games this year, and he played all last year in the scratch matches. It’s not like he’s missed that much footy, which is what that line implies.

the point I feel is that he was very impressive despite 2-3 games in 595 days.
Apart from early 2x HTB’s he looked very comfortable and after such a long absence from real footy he will definitely build from here.
Huge positive.

Sides aren’t going to bid for him early just to try and screw us
No, but they may draft a bit earlier if rate him and know he won’t be available later as opposed to higher rated talent who may slide.

the point I feel is that he was very impressive despite 2-3 games in 595 days.
Apart from early 2x HTB’s he looked very comfortable and after such a long absence from real footy he will definitely build from here.
Huge positive.
So you’re just discounting last years scratch matches completely? I know they were short on players, and not for points, but he has played a full year against AFL listed opposition, regardless. I’m not sure why the 595 day narrative is at all necessary. He’s missed 6 weeks with an injury. That’s it.

How the F2ck Sier does not get a game is beyond common sense, best 22 easy.

Watch the stoppages where he becomes a spectator. Quite dynamic if he takes the bit between the teeth but those efforts are on offer far too inconsistently.

Last edited:
So you’re just discounting last years scratch matches completely? I know they were short on players, and not for points, but he has played a full year against AFL listed opposition, regardless. I’m not sure why the 595 day narrative is at all necessary. He’s missed 6 weeks with an injury. That’s it.
That also discounts training with an AFL list for a year as well.

Why not discount them? They arent the same as the real thing. Even if they are...nobody saw them so are relying on snippets to judge form.

This is his first game for premiership points and he was quite impressive.

Could be IF he keeps playing like this

He was okay but hardly dominating as you’d expect if he’s going to climb into 1st round contention.

Why not discount them? They arent the same as the real thing. Even if they are...nobody saw them so are relying on snippets to judge form.

This is his first game for premiership points and he was quite impressive.
Yeah ok. So why didn’t we hear about the 560-70 days that all the other draftees missed last year in that case?

Face it, it was a crock of s**t comment designed to make it sound like Bianco had missed more football than he actually has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back